I've sts for two weeks..

kimy27

Hi I've been on sw for about a month now and have lost about 4 lbs but last week and this week I have stayed the same. I do a mixture of green days and extra easy and was wondering if you could take a look at my diary and see if I'm doing anything wrong-

green day-

breakfast- 2 slice toast (heb) with banana.
lunch- 2 slice toast (heb) with spaghetti hoops.
dinner- batchelors pasta n sauce with milk (hea).
snacks- banana, strawberries, muller light yogurt.

breakfast- 2 slice toast (heb) and banana.
lunch- 2 slice toast (heb) and baked beans.
dinner- batchelors beef savoury rice.
snacks- apple with cheese (hea), strawberries, ww mousse (5 syns)

extra easy-

breakfast- 2 slice toast (heb) and banana.
lunch- sw super speed soup, apple
dinner- chicken breast, boiled potatoes, brussels sprouts.
snacks- banana, orange, walkers french fries (4 syns)

breakfast- 2 slice toast (heb) with banana
lunch- melon, mugshot.
dinner- filet steak, turnip, sw chips, cheese(hea) and onions.
snacks- shape delight (5.5 syns), orange.

I try to have about 5 syns a day and save the rest for the weekend when I will have a chow mein takeaway and some chocolate, crisps etc.

Looking at your food diary your not eating enough. Do you have veg with your batchelors pasta n sauce? Try eating more super speed foods. All I an see that could cause it is not eating enough make sure you fill up on super free/free foods. :)

If you go to a group it would be best to show it to your consultant and also they can give u a leaflet about success express essentially its just eat 2/3 superfree with meals and only eat superfree snacks, you only do it 1 or 2 days tho, far too much fruit and veg and you get extra healthy extras.
I got one last week I've stayed the same at 13.5 past two weeks I really want my stone so fingers crossed its helped.

I agree you're not eating enough, especially on the Green days. You need plenty of superfree, I appreciate it is less key on Green than EE but it's still important. Your EE days dont look so bad, but you still need to up the superfree if you can.

I think maybe since you are in a healthy BMI range and a relatively small amount to lose (if your stats are correct?), it may be hard to lose whilst eating pasta and bread and rice so much.

Maybe try an extra easy week, swap your bread for cereal or yoghurt and fruit in the morning. Lunches maybe a salad with a eggs, ham and baby potatos, or tuna and green beans baby potato and lettuce something like that. And dinners using potato or root veg over pasta and rice and loads of veggies and a piece of chicken or lean meat?

Hope you manage to lose this week good luck!

Thanks for the input. I'll see how I go this week with adding more super free. If I don't lose any then I'll cut out the bread and pasta. I really only have pasta once a week but I guess I do eat a lot of bread. I love bread though. It's so much more filling than yogurt or salad :)

Starting Slimming World today, need as much advice as possible.. We want to do EE, the idea of meat and potato together is the way we want to go.... For meat products, can you buy any meat and then cut off any fat to make it free? We have had 2 weeks of eating very bad food, reached the point where we feel so awful and fat, so we really want to suceed at this, please help with any tips and advice.

Wendy & Lisa White said:
Starting Slimming World today, need as much advice as possible.. We want to do EE, the idea of meat and potato together is the way we want to go.... For meat products, can you buy any meat and then cut off any fat to make it free? We have had 2 weeks of eating very bad food, reached the point where we feel so awful and fat, so we really want to suceed at this, please help with any tips and advice.

Yes, all meat is free as long as there is no fat on it, so take skin of chicken, rind off bacon & pork chops etc. mince is only free is if it less than 5% fat - it is labelled extra lean in the supermarket.

Just to add that some people just can't get away with saving their syns for the weekend so that would be another thing to consider changing. And on your green days you seem to rely a lot on processed foods with very little fruit and veg action going on. But as the others have said you are very near the bottom of your BMI range so you just may not be able to lose what you want to. If yout don't exercise that this is something I would definitely add into your routine.

Yes, all meat is free as long as there is no fat on it, so take skin of chicken, rind off bacon & pork chops etc. mince is only free is if it less than 5% fat - it is labelled extra lean in the supermarket.

Thanks for your reply, but do you cut all fat off before cooking or after, also are the ready cooked roast chickens free as well as you take off the skin?

Wendy & Lisa White said:
Thanks for your reply, but do you cut all fat off before cooking or after, also are the ready cooked roast chickens free as well as you take off the skin?

I take Skin off chicken before cooking, unless it's a full chicken, in which case I take it off afterwards. With all other meat (eg pork loin, or bacon) I take it off before cooking because I just can't resist the crispy fat! Chickens for the supermarket are free if you take the skin off, but be careful of flavoured pre cooked chicken as sometimes the coatings as Syns.

Whatever you do do not believe anyone who says that supermarkets inject fat into their rotisserie chickens! It's complete bollocks. They are free if not flavoured!

Are your hexb choices weighed or from the correct loaf of bread? Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Any hidden syns in extra milk, sugar bit of this or that? Although most people could still get a weight loss when you do these things not having so much weight to lose could make a difference.

Are your hexb choices weighed or from the correct loaf of bread? Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Any hidden syns in extra milk, sugar bit of this or that? Although most people could still get a weight loss when you do these things not having so much weight to lose could make a difference.

It's Hovis wholemeal from a 400g loaf I use which kills me because I used to have the hovis thick cut from the 800g loaf lol! I don't have any butter with my toast so there's no hidden syns. I don't like milk so I usually have my hea from cheese but some days I don't have a hea at all.

I try to drink at least a litre of water a day and don't drink anything else.

I've also started exercising. I do a mixture of running and walking on the treadmill for 20 mins three times a week. I want to eventually be able to run for 30 mins straight :)

I take Skin off chicken before cooking, unless it's a full chicken, in which case I take it off afterwards. With all other meat (eg pork loin, or bacon) I take it off before cooking because I just can't resist the crispy fat! Chickens for the supermarket are free if you take the skin off, but be careful of flavoured pre cooked chicken as sometimes the coatings as Syns.

Whatever you do do not believe anyone who says that supermarkets inject fat into their rotisserie chickens! It's complete bollocks. They are free if not flavoured!

Thats just what I wanted to hear, although you would of thought the fat from the skin soaks into the chicken, but now I know its free Sunday roast seems much more appealing! I have done SW before but I keep falling off the wagon, I just love a good strong G & T when I get in from work, think I deserve it, it chills me out, but I lose my will power and eat crap! but i should be okay to have my drink if I excercise every day and dont have any sins, surely that wont stop me losing weight, fingers crossed:rolleyes:

Back