iWatchr app nytmare!!!

Ciara b

Hi all, js wondering if u cud help wit I downloaded d iPhone iWatchr app n I dnt knw hw t convert it 2 pp it's sayn I js click calculator at d end of screen bt mine hasn't gt dat is dis rite or is evry1s like dat??? So confused :-(

Ciara, I dont want to sound rude but your posts are really hard to read like that

I knw it's Just the lazyway of textin us young people always have new things lol had no complaints so far but will take in2 consideration Tanx :)

I'm a young person (and starlight is too) and I'm with her, doesn't take much to at least try to type things properly.

If the iwatchr app is in old points you won't be able to convert it as that's the way its been programmed. The only pp app you can get is the official one.

I'm a young person (and starlight is too) and I'm with her, doesn't take much to at least try to type things properly.

If the iwatchr app is in old points you won't be able to convert it as that's the way its been programmed. The only pp app you can get is the official one.

I think you can make it work in ProPoints, actually - it might be a little bit fiddly, but it's doable. See this link here: DavoliApps :: Calculator

Same here- it's more effort actually typing in text and I can never read it! :(

i remember once being critical of text talk on forums and then ended it with rofl so i guess there are one or two bits of text talk that we all use without realising lol (even the old gits like me ;))

i remember once being critical of text talk on forums and then ended it with rofl so i guess there are one or two bits of text talk that we all use without realising lol (even the old gits like me ;))

I dont mind the rofl and lols etc but why do people text in a way they dont talk. My pals kids do it, the dis and dat and honestly theyve never said dis OR dat in their life and whats with the lack of vowels?? I could understand it when people were charged per text they sent, trying to keep things down but almost everyone has inclusive texts now.

Maybe Im the opposite extreme I even punctuate my texts lol One of my pals is a company director and her texts are appaling, its nonsense, its not the way she talks or writes so why regress to a 12 year old on texts :confused:

i've noticed you, like me, are a blackberry user so we are used to a proper keyboard which i think makes it easier to use full words and not abbreviations (or it could still be my age lol)

I think dis complaining of text language is ridiculous I like to shorten my words I'm 22 it's wat "most" of us do we dnt text d way we tlk i dnt see the problem atal I'm nt tryin to be rude bt if I want to use "dis or dat" i can sorry if ppl dnt understand it's nt that I'm trying by be annoying it's js habit! Were all here for support on weight loss not silly comments about the way ppl are writing there posts.............thank for d help wit the iwatchr app I'l try srt it sorry if I came across rude :)

i've noticed you, like me, are a blackberry user so we are used to a proper keyboard which i think makes it easier to use full words and not abbreviations (or it could still be my age lol)

It definitely does but I must admit Ive only had my BB since Nov and in all my phones before that I never did the whole l8r m8 stuff. It saves what 1 or 2 characters lol

I guess like most people I just text the way Id speak to someone, Im not going to start changing my vocabulary and using all kinds of mad words Id never dream of saying when I text.

At the risk of sounding about 90 I hate to think what people who are of the 'text speak' generation will be like in years to come writing articles, letters etc....

Can you imagine getting a letter from your bank with no vowels and a whole manner of text talk :giggle:

Well it's diff when your writing letters I'm a hairdresser so I wudn hve tat problem haha it's not even about saving characters it's just a thing u do growin up my mam always says it and she's a school teacher she see's it alot it's just new generation new times thats why its called text language it shouldn be offensive, I speak in a very nice manner doesn mean I can't shorten my words it's just as I say force of habit now i prob should shake it off but it's just a thing u do il hve to make sure to examine peoples threads now lol :)

Only one thing wrong with that! You're not txting a friend you're using a public forum where the majority of people write in grammatically correct English!
It isn't used by everyone either not one of my boys friends use it and they're both 17.

Well I honestly don't see the prob but in future i'l try to make it work prob won't come back in this again now I mite even delete my account bcoz I thought it was mre about helpin people with der weight making friends rathr than commenting on sum1s textin obviously most people have something to say about it, every1 to there own tho will take into consideration if I'm back on thanks again for the opinions appreciated... :)

Hi my brother texts dis and dat and wot etc and i find myself texting him back the same way its as if i think he'll only know what i'm on about if its in his language so to speak:) makes me chuckle in an affectionate way when i get his texts love him but it does take along time to work out what he says if your not used to it.

Ye exactly I understand it can be very hard to understand it's not a prob to send a text as ppl say "normal" bt it's js habit dis way frm years of txtn I know it does be hard at 1st it's nt bein lazy it's honestly js habit on some words u dont even realize ur doin lol maybe sum ppl cud say it silly but I just see it as a txt maybe not suited for this site bt it's habit.

Back