Izzi's Weight Loss Diary :)

IzziS

So I thought keeping a diary on here might give me a bit more motivation to stick to the diet as I'll be embarassed if I have to tell everyone if I slip up!

I've decided to weigh myself weekly, on Saturday mornings.
Start weight: 9 st 10 lbs (136lbs)
Target weight: 8st 7 lbs (119 lbs)

Yesterday was day 1 and it was probably a bad day to start as I was working a 9hr shift. As a result, I veered off course slightly -
Breakfast - Slim Fast Heavenly Chocolate milkshake (223 cals)
Lunch - Slim Fast Choc Crunch meal bar (206 cals)

A couple of my work mates were eating KFC and I ended up having two pieces of Popcorn Chicken and about 10 chips as I was so hungry :/

Dinner - Turkey, ham and leek pie with broccoli (500-600 cals approx)

Snacks - 2 x Asda cup soups (100 cals each)
1 stick celery with 1 tsp peanut butter (? cals)
Veg soup made by my Mum for her Weight Watchers diet (0 cals)
Packet of Walkers Ready Salted crisps (132 cals)
2 x cups of tea with milk and sugar (60 cals each approx)

Total: 1400 - 1500 cals

So overall, not a brilliant start. My problem is that I can't stop snacking, especially late at night when I find myself starving! Having said that, this was a full day at work and as I only work 12 hours a week (I'm at college the rest of the time), I don't think this is a usual day.

Day 2 and I fared slightly better.
Breakfast - Slim Fast Simply Vanilla milkshake with a small banana blended in (298 cals)
Lunch - Small portion of roast dinner - small portion of chicken, six *very* small roast potatoes, one carrot, four brussel sprouts, one small sausage and gravy - (500 cals approx)
Dinner - Slim Fast Choco Crunch meal bar (206 cals)
Snacks - Hard boiled egg (70 cals)
Mince pie (200 cals - whoops :/)
400g tinned tomatoes with 2 tsp low fat grated cheese (100 cals)
1 x cup of tea with milk and sugar (60 cals)

Total: 1400 approx

The mince pie and roast dinner happened because I had to go to a friend's for lunch, usually I'd have a healthy Weight Watcher's meal as my Mum is on that diet. I also made an effort to drink alot of fluid today as I usually don't drink enough at all. I had three cups of green tea, two pints of squash and a few extra glasses of water.

When I got home from my friend's, the excercise bike my Mum and I ordered had arrived so hopefully I'll be using that for around 30 minutes a day too. I also intend to start walking to college more.

Tomorrow will be my first day at college on the diet and I'm a bit worried about it as it will be harder to get hold of healthy snacks. I think I'm going to stock up on fruit and cereal bars from Tesco on the way!

Day 3

So last night I ended up eating three chocolate mice left over from Christmas as I was so hungry in bed :(

I was actually so hungry that I couldn't sleep and woke up a couple of times in the night. Does anyone else have this problem or have any tips on how I can avoid it?

So far today I've done really well, especially compared with the last two!

Breakfast - Slim Fast Choco Crunch meal bar (206 cals)
+ half a cup of tea with skimmed milk and sugar (30 cals)
I would have liked to have had a milkshake but I didn't have time as my lack of sleep meant I got up late for college!
Lunch - Slim Fast Choco Crunch meal bar (206 cals)
Afternoon snack - 2 fish fingers with a squirt of ketchup (130 cals)
+ 1 stick celery (0 cals)
Dinner is going to be a Weight Watcher's recipe, chicken with mozarella and pesto with green beans (235 cals) which I'm also having with mashed potato (approx 150 cals)
Later I'll have a snack of Napolena tinned tomatoes with low fat grated cheese (100 cals).

Total: 1051 cals

I'm hoping that having the potato at dinner and a filling snack later on will help with my nighttime hunger.

I planned to walk to and from college today but it was so icy and I was running late so I walked halfway there and halfway back (about two miles altogether). I'm exhausted so I think I'm going to give the excercise bike a miss tonight.

Day 4

Today was much like yesterday, I think I've done pretty well, although I was starving between lunch and dinner, despite having a snack.

Breakfast - Slim Fast Heavenly Chocolate shake blended with five strawberries (238 cals)
Snack - Asda Vegetable Chowder cup soup (100 cals)
Snack - Ski Raspberry yoghurt (118 cals)
Dinner - Weight Watchers recipe: lamb and lentil curry (400 cals)
I'll probably have another 100 cal snack later on.

Total: 1162 calories

Last night I ended up having one slice of toast with my tinned tomatoes, which bumped up the calorie content of my snack but stopped the late night hunger. I'm going to Asda tomorrow so I'm going to stock up on Weight Watchers bread and lots of 100 cal snacks.

hey, looks like you're doing well. Have you tried having your lunch a bit later?

I find that if i have lunch betweeon12-1ish I'm ravenouse by the time dinner comes regardless of snacking. I now have lunch about 2.30pm and have an apple or other snack for lunch.

Chan

Hiya,
It's tricky because I have to fit my lunch arond college/work which means I'm usually so hungry by 12 that I have my lunch early. I've got the day off tomorrow so I think I'm going to try your suggestion and have it later.

Day 5

Quite pleased with how today has gone (so far!). We were snowed in so I didn't get to go to Asda and instead had to make do with a mini-shop from the Tesco Express down the road. I managed to pick up a few things for snacks though (Special K bars and mini breaks and some Tesco Light Choices cup soups - 42 cals a cup!)

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now as I wasn't nearly as hungry between meals as I have been, but I did have my breakfast and lunch quite late so that mid-afternoon wasn't as bad. We'll have to wait and see if that catches up with me later tonight.

Breakfast - Slim Fast Vanilla shake blended with a banana (300 cals)
Snack - Special K mini breaks (100 cals)
and a cup of tea with skimmed milk (30 cals)
Dinner - Weight Watcher's recipe: Vegetable and macaroni cheese with rocket salad (350 cals)
And I'll have an 100 cal snack later on tonight.

Total: 1086

how are you going????
and welcome (ive not welcomed you yet... slack i know)

hope you are doing well.. keep posting...

Back