Izzyhew's dizzy start to diet......

the thing is I was obviously off plan, but I know I didn't eat ridiculous amounts and I know I don't deserve 5lbs, but what I deserve and what I get are different things and there's nothing I can do about it!

back on plan now though so it will go down, best to remember that if I was going to gain 5lb's this past two weeks then it's better from the starting point of 12st 7 as opposed to 13st 1 which I was in may, or worse 14st 4 as I was a few years ago. I'm still lighter than I would have been if that makes sense.

Always looking for the positive spin :rolleyes:

was 12st 11 this morning tho, so down a bit.

It's moving in the right direction and that's the main thing x

12st 10 this morning lol, so it's moving much faster than normal but I guess that suggests I was holding some fluid or something. A 3lb gain doesn't sound quite so bad! Only 5 weeks now before I go back to work so there is little chance now of me getting too far along before then :(

Had my 2nd outside run yesterday though and managed to up my long run to 10 mins, hoping to keep improving on this but it was really hard!

Hi izzy impressed with the extra running, and a holiday weight gain is more than acceptable. If you hadn't been dieting I reckon that could've easily been 10lbs. I always used to gain 4lbs after a week but this last one I gained 4.5 over 2wks so were both learning to minimise the damage. A week back on plan and you'll lose that gain if not before I know it xx

Yeah I'm sure the damage is less that it could have been :) but I know that it could take several weeks for me to lose that which is a little demoralising but there really is nothing else to do but to keep trying.

I'm really struggling to catch up with diaries, but I have my MIL and SIL staying until saturday so I will have more time after that I expect.

We took the girls to the cinema to see Despicable me 2 this morning, my sister in law is only 7, and daughter is 8 we all enjoyed it :)

2.5 on, but that's half what it looked like a few days back so I'll take it lol

Still busy here till saturday but I promise to catch up properly then xxx

:bighug:aww thats not as bad as you thought hun, you will have that off in no time, enjoy the last few days of your holiday, look forward to hearing all about it soon hun xxxx

That's a good result given your holiday izzy well done. You'll have that off next week doll xx

I have been a bad Izzybee and lost my wagon lol. It trundled off into the distance and I haven't seen it for a while, I am back up at 12st 11 :(

On a much more positive note though I have been busy with my running, Still struggling to run for any distance outside but last night I used my treadmill and managed 5k for the first time :) 47 minutes and 45 seconds of jogging without stopping! So I feel I am improving slowly, certainly I have already achieved more than I thought I could so I just need to keep going, I feel that although losing weight is still a huge struggle this HAS to be helping my health?

I have been busy what with the running, daughter still being on school hols, trying to catch up with people in these last weeks before she goes back to school (and a couple weeks after me back to work - sob!!) Wednesday was my 1st wedding anniversary so that was also lovely, and then I have also got a teething baby and have basically been awake since 3 this morning so am a bit shattered now!

Ah well, need to find my wagon, or get a new one.......

Hope everyone is well xxx

Nice to have you back Izzy! Great work with the running, you've probably not had a chance to catch up on diaries but you've inspired me to get going with C25K and I've just completed week 1 :) Great work running 45 mins non stop, I can't ever imagine being able to do that!

I hope you're able to track down your wagon soon :) x

Last edited:
Good work on the running ladies, wish I could run for 5k non stop...I might start the c25k too but need new trainers first. I think the more you start to improve the more you enjoy running its getting started which is the hard bit!

Hope you find you wagon Izzy. I have had a couple of not good weeks but was lucky and STS. Trying to start afresh from yesterday.

Shame you have to go back to work and not be with little one. But, well done on the running. My little steps only take me about 50yds. lol hope to get better.

Take care Izzy, we will get there in the end :flowers:

Think my wagon is in the same place :( i am not doing well at all, missed last 2 weigh ins :eek: i really need to get sorted. hope your well hun xxx

Hello izzy, long time no hear! Hope all is well with you and the family, come back to us we'll help you find your wagon I don't always know where I park mine but I usually get help finding it on here.

Nice to see you ladies calling out for a lost sheep... hope she finds her wagon and rides it back here

Back