Jacci back again!!

jacci49

Hi all, I am back again! Did Exante in 2019 and got down to 15st 1 from I think 17st 8? Came off the wagon big time and then Covid and lockdown happened and came off the wagon even more!
Last time I weighed myself I was 16 st 7 which was on the 31st March. I have been back on Exante since Monday so day 6 for me but I was too frightened to weigh myself. I need to lose weight for my health...I am the big 60 in August and obviously am also fed up being fat. I will weigh in soon when I have the braveness to do so!
I look forward to reading your stories....I found it almost essential to post on here last year, it kept my motivation up.
Take care all! xxx

Hi Jacci, thought i'd nip over and check out your diary! I was the big 60 in 2018, swore I would lose weight, which i did a bit, but back it's crept! I hope your plan is successful, you've done well before, so no reason not to this time. Good luck! :)

Thanks Barb, lovely to hear from you!! So day 7 back on Exante and so far not tooooo bad.

I was furloughed from June 1st for what was supposed to be a month but very unfortunately I am actually back tomorrow. Working at home and so so busy cancelling people's holidays so not great fun, I suppose it will be easier to be good whilst working. I am lucky to have time to go to the loo let alone eat!
I hope you have all had a fab weekend!

Well I live for my holidays as does hubby and so far we have had 2 cancelled this year. My next one is supposed to be a girlie holiday in July to Menorca. I was fairly sure my friends would not want to go even if we could but they have now said that as long as there is no more 14 day quarantine they would definitely consider it!
I know the chances of it happening are very low but it has given me just a bit more motivation, that and being breathless the other day walking up a hill. Also I suffer with a very painful back which is something I was born with...sometimes you need all the motivation you can get don't you! So many great reasons to get rid of this weight once and for all...it all sounds so easy doesnt it? I wish!
Take care all!

Hi, just thought i'd stop by and say Hello :)
I'm 54 this year, the years soon fly past....
I've also had a holiday and events cancelled this year , I should have been leaving Benidorm tomorrow after 8 days....and going to download festival on thursday with my daughter for 4 days....oh well....next year..

Hi Zafira, thank you so much for stopping by! The years do fly don't they, I remember when I turned 50 saying that at least it wasn't 60 and in August I will get there....it does not seem possible.
Such a shame about our holidays, we look forward to them so much. After July we are supposed to be going to Rhodes for a week in September .Our boys have bought it for us as a birthday pressie as both hubby and I are 60 this year. I really hope we can go on that one. I will be honest I am ready to have my life back now but it is frightening how quickly we have all got used to this 'normal'.
Take care Zafira! xxx

So day 8 on Exante, I could not sleep last night and got up about 3.00 in the morning and for whatever reason decided to get on the scales. Well that was a big mistake as I am sure it said 17 st.....my body puts on weight so easily yet never wants to give it up! If that is right I obviously put on a lot more than I thought.
The only good thing is that it must be on the way down now thank goodness, those scales gave me quite a shock tbh!
I hope all your scales are showing you lovely numbers! Take care. xxx

Day 9.....I am not a huge fan of the scales to be honest Zafira, if they show I have gained I want to eat and sometimes even if I have lost I think 'thats good, I can eat a little bit!' None of it is logical is it but as long as I keep on going I know I will get there in the end, that is my problem as well I have not found the end for a very very long time!
Take care all!

Day 10 and still motivated......back however is killing so I am not in the best of moods! Hope you have all had a fab day.xx

Day 11, weighed in today and 16st 10 so away from those 17's...checked and I was actually 17 2 the night I weighed myself! I am not a lover of the scales but I do feel a lot less bloated so that is good. TMI but Exante does bung me up so I think I will take a senna tablet tonight to help it on its way! I never want to see those 17's again. Back seems a lot better today so fingers crossed it stays that way, I always have pain but yesterday it was at a different level! I know I am stuck with my back issues but I am hopeful that losing this weight will help. Next mini goal is to get BMI to under 40 and also get to under 16st 7.
Hope all ok with you all.xx

Last edited:
Hi lovely. Well done on that great loss! x

Hi Jacci,

Nice to see you back, I've been back on Exante since April.

Weight seems to be stuck right now but I'm sticking to it.

Keeping everything crossed you get go on your holidays!

Hi Jacci, sounds like you have really settled into it now, I so hope you get your lovely holiday in Rhodes to celebrate your birthdays. We were there 2 years ago in September to celebrate our 40th Wedding anniversary and it was really lovely. Keep at it, you can do this! :)

Day 12 and succumbed to one of my fave foods.....toast last night. The scales do trigger me whether good or bad! Put yesterday to bed and have had a very good day today...will stay off the scales for a while me thinks. The good thing was that I only had the toast and didn't have any of my other fave foods...... cheese...... and have got back into the swing of things again today. Still makes me cross with myself though.
This weight loss is not easy is it and yet weight gain you can do with your eyes closed!
Take care all. xxx

Day 13 , unlucky for some! A good day diet wise but I am so bored with this lockdown now. I think dieting is not helping tbh but I put on enough weight in this lockdown anyway and simply cannot afford to put more on so diet it is.
Major hay fever today and I feel a little light headed but I always have a day or 2 like that on Exante so nothing to worry about there although I must drink more water, I do struggle with that.
Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday! xxx

Those days are coming along nicely jacci, great work! Is there anything you can do to help the boredom? Something crafty or watching movies/series? X

I am working full time and then some at home Charlotte so only really have Sundays off. I just miss the freedom of my old life to be honest....we will get back there in the end! I have been watching tv series on catch up when I can though! Hope all good with you Hun. xx

It’s such a hard and strange time for people at the moment, I feel weirdly lucky that with being house bound not much has changed for me. I have no first hand idea of what it’s like out there, I’ve not been to a shop in over 4 years. Hopefully things can get back to some normality soon.

Have a lovely day hun x

Back