Jackie's Journey

JackieDon

Hello everyone :)

I have just been given the tablets from my GP and I am going to start taking them on Monday after I have been shopping tomorrow. Any advice, tips or help would be much appreciated. I have always avoided these tablets in the past but this time I have bit the bullet because I have to do something after so many failed attempts at losing weight. I think the thought of bowel accidents might be enough to persuade me I need to be good and stay off the fatty foods.

Any tips, recipes or food ideas gratefully recived......

Hi Jackie & welcome, there is a stickie thread that explains the basics which I used as my bible when I started.... I found the fear of "tango" made me stick to foods 5g & under per 100g & I had no problems, only thing I risked was eggs & I was ok with them. I don't take xen now but still eat low fat & have stayed on here as they are a right friendly bunch.

Good Luck with your journey xx

Thanks Lexie

I was told about this site by someone on the Facebook page. When you say Stickie Thread, what do you mean by that? I will have a mooch around now and see if I can find it though. I am actually quite looking forward to starting to eat healthily again as I am feeling bloated and unhealthy. I lost almost 2 stone with slimming world last year but then lost the plot so, here I am. The doctor has referred me to weight management services too because I enquired about hypnotherapy so waiting to hear from them and see what they have on offer x

It's just a thread that is kept separate, if you're on your phone it'll be a tab but if you're on a pc it will just be at the top.... It's a really helpful thread & as I said it was my bible.

We have a Christmas challenge if you want something to motivate you, there are still 11 weeks til Christmas, think where you can be by then xx

I saw the Christmas challenge somewhere yesterday and now I can't find it. I will have another look around but could you point me in the direction just in case x

Back