Jades weight loss diary - new start / new me!

jade.s

Hello! I am a newbie here, my weight gain has come very quickly went from a size 8-14/16 and I blame nandos (wonder if i could sue) hehe.

I weight around 11 and a half stone *scales are a bit unreliable and off to get some new ones tomorrow* My BMI is just under obese, I'm 5ft2. I want to weigh around 9-9 and a half stone, my "diet" is CC, I want to make this a serious life change, I have tried all the fad diets around, and yes I lost a ton of weight super fast but I gained it all back on and more when I ate properly again.

My goal date is December, I'm not sure if this is achievable but I really want to make it happen, by loosing 1-2 pounds a week.

Since the 27th of July I have changed my eating habits, I have been eating around 800 calories a day, I am trying to increase this to 1200 but struggling as the food I am now eating really fills me up, I work out every night, I change my work out everyday somedays its cardio, then yoga, upper body, core body and so on, including weights. I burn around 90-200 calories on that and the most I have worked out for is 45 mins so far.

So far I have seen no difference, having no scales as I chucked my unreliable ones I don't know if I have even lost anything, my waist and hips are still the same, and I don't feel a weight loss at all, Its very frustrating maybe I am just having a down day and wanting to see results asap!

I have been getting spots since changing my eating habits and to put it in the nicest possible way my bowel movements are very active, is this normal?

How long has it taken you guys to loose around 30 pounds on a CC and exercise diet?

Jade xo

Heya, you're doing everything right, don't worry, the changes will happen, just give it time.
And what you're experiencing is normal, you're probably eating more fibre and clearing out all of the toxins and junk. Your skin will clear up soon enough, especially if you drink plenty of water, and the bowel stuff too once your body gets used to the new food.

HOpe that everything goes well :)

Heya, you're doing everything right, don't worry, the changes will happen, just give it time.
And what you're experiencing is normal, you're probably eating more fibre and clearing out all of the toxins and junk. Your skin will clear up soon enough, especially if you drink plenty of water, and the bowel stuff too once your body gets used to the new food.

HOpe that everything goes well :)

Thankyou!! xxx

No worries duckie. Keep to it and stay strong n it'll all be good :)

hey hunni, good luck on your journey to skinnydome!!

xcx

Day 11, GUTTED :(

So its day 11 of my new way of living, so far so good, until yesterday, I brought a new set of scales as my old ones got wet and stopped working, I weighed myself with them before they stopped working and I thought it said I was 11 and a half stone, with these new scales I am 3 pounds off 12 stone, I spent the night crying and wanting to eat loads of crap food to make myself feel better, I didn't thank god! I was so exhausted from crying that it was also the first day I didn't exercise in 9 days, I felt very guilty but I couldn't keep my eyes open, So last night I tried to get back on the exercise regime but my god my BONES are hurting! I couldn't even do the cardio warm up, every step made my ankles feel like they was going to break :-( I am gutted, I wanted to exercise everyday and I see absolutely NO change in my weight or body, I wont let this stop me, but I feel like I will never loose the weight, loads of people loosing at least a pound a week, and sometimes way more, and I haven't lost anything yet I am doing everything right to loose weight supposedly the best way, any advice girls?
xx

I'm afraid calorie counting to 800 calories is not right. It's actually dangerous and if you continue you could put your health at risk. This is most likely why your body doesn't want to exercise, as it doesn't have enough energy to allow you to. You have been taking in too little and trying to do too much. But I am no expert, so please talk to one and find out more, before you cause any permanent damage to your body.

As far as the upset from the new scales, don't let it get you down. I can understand how disheartening it must have been, but you have to accept it and move on. There is nothing to feel guilty about, so remain positive and you'll be fine.

I have upped my calorie intake to 1200 now :) sometimes 1400 if I can fit it all in, just finding it very hard to stay motivated when I see no progress at all, and I am actually heavier than I thought! But I will go see a doctor and see if there is anything else I could do, maybe some diet pills that will help push it along bit faster :)

hey jade - my doctor has been really supportive and along with prescribing me xenical, she sat down and went over do's and donts for me and said i can call her whenever im in doubt about things, i think if you get a doctor thats nice and supportive it can really help, just explain you want to lose weight and that you want to do it healthily and theyre usually really willing to help in my experience :) xxx

A doctor would probably be a good idea.
and you cant expect changes to happen overnight hun, these tings take time, sometimes you can be really healthy and work your ass off at the gym or whatever and never lose any weight, and some weeks you'll eat rubbish and only exercise once and you lose 3lbs, it's just the way your body works. just carry on doing what you're doing and it'll sort itself out in the end.
Best wishes.

Back