Jane's Diary

Why do we just seem to have quick reply now? Am I missing something?

Anyway just thought I'd say that I've not had my results yet. I hate waiting for things :confused:

Think it's time for the usual :). Has anyone else noticed how crappy the strawberries are at the moment?

Xx

thought id look you up and say hi xx

hope you have had a good week end and have enjoyed your break away even if it is for work :D

Hi broadsbean. I tried to look you up but missed the s out. :). Hope you're doing ok with the diet.

We've had beef madras again, plus a cauliflower curry. No rice and even hubby agreed that we didn't need it. We had spicy parsnip soup to start. Desert will be strawberries and 0% total Greek Yog.

I had a cheese triangle and Melba toast with tomato and cucumber for lunch.

Breakfast was porridge and banana.

Good tv tonight with all the talent shows. Hubby reckons they are all rubbish :D. He's in his study working and let's hope he stays there otherwise he'll be a right moaning Minnie!

Xx

Hi Jane, Happy Sunday!

Did you enjoy the tv last night? I watched The Voice, quite enjoyed it. I never watch Britain's Got Talent for some reason, I like most things reality but not it!

I've been away this weekend visiting friends in Aberdeen, back home and all cosied up now.

Hope you've had a nice day xxxx

Hi crystal

We are safely tucked up in the hotel near Ely. It's a proper old rickety place, comfortable and clean. Had a hard time picking dinner, ended Up with carrot and coriander soup followed by salmon on a bed of barlotti beans, samphire and spinach with a pesto dressing and roasted baby toms. It was lovely. This place is always packed because the food is so good. They only have four bedrooms. I was very good and avoided the bread and desert, although I did have a very small glass of red wine and a tiny sliver of hubby's blue cheese - which I had to beg and plead for. When I say tine it was probably about the size of my thumb nail. I think I've kept reasonably well down on syns today.

How is the weather in lovely Scotland? The locals here were talking about snow! I hope not. Xx

Oh yes I forgot you were going away on business this week Jane, are you there all week? Sounds like you are doing great food wise, you have more willpower than me!

It wasn't too nice in Aberdeen this morning, it was really quite cold, but it was lovely when I got back down to Edinburgh :)

Yes. Here all week. Hoping to be back home for Friday. I plan on buying plenty of fruit, Alpen bars and Melba toast for my lunch. I'll try to drink water during the day. If I do have coffee I'll drink black because I can't usually get skimmed. I'm debating what to have for breakfast. I may ask for poached eggs with toms and mushrooms. I'll have beans if they do them. Mind you, I might be better sticking with cereal and just a little milk ( i think they have semi skimmed) for the first day just in case they use loads of oil when they cook the breakfast. I can't remember from last time we were here. I'll defo have some fruit at breakfast.

I'm determined not to put weight on, it's going to be very hard though!

I'm off to bed, hubby is watching a stupid film. Night xxx

that's the hard part, isn't it - knowing how they cook things. It sounds good though if they use Frylight etc.

I'm off to bed too I think, catch up on some tv!

Night night, speak to you tomorrow xxxx

Samphire sound exotic somehow. The whole meal was tasty.

We slept well and have had breakfast. I chose 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk, 2 poached eggs, grilled toms, mushrooms and 2 Rashers of bacon. The bacon was very lean so I didn't have to cut much fat off but I gave the mushrooms to hubby as they were cooked in butter. The one I ate was delicious:). To drink I had coffee with skimmed milk. I still feel peckish though. I think it's in my mind because I didn't have toast etc.

Weather lovely and sunny here.

Hope you all have a good slimming day :D

Xx

Lunch was exotic! A red delicious apple, banana, pack of morrisons Melba toast eaten dry and a bottle of water!

If you start adding up calories this is loads. I'll be back in a minute just going to count :) xx

According to myfitnesspal I've had just slightly over 700 cals today! That would mean only about 500 left. Think I'll ask for plain salad with fillet steak tonight, and no sauce!

Xx

Hope the steak was lovely and that the day's gone well. I've downloaded myfitnesspal - isn't it clever, mind my new phones way to technical for me I think :giggle: Sounds like a lovely break even if it is business related, it's lovely for someone else to be doing the cooking (and the clearing up).
Sure you'll have had another success this week :fingerscrossed: good luck

Sue x

Hi sue

Hope you are ok and your dieting is going well.

I didn't end up with steak. I should have done and will tomorrow. I had wild boar with waldorf salad to start. It should have had apple syrup wih it but I asked them to leave that off. This was followed with roasted butternut squash stuffed with courgette and leek risotto. This was topped with crumbled goats cheese and had a herby leaf side salad. It was delicious, so I'm sure it was horrendous calorie wise. I didn't eat any of the homemade bread and gave hubby the chocolates that came with my coffee. I'm not giving up but I am concerned that I won't lose this week. I think tomorrow I'll just have cereal at breakfast.

Hubby has gone to bed and is gently snoring :p he sounds like a little piglet. Lol.

Night night to all xx

Good morning, it's a lovely day.

I had two weetabix and semi skimmed milk for breakfast plus coffee. I might eat an apple in a few minutes:) what an exciting life I lead :p

Xx

Ps. How are you finding myfitnessapp sue? It certainly makes you think. I've stopped adding my swimming to it as it then allowed about 700 more cals and if I ate that on top my weight would stop going down. I know we are not supposed to calorie count but it certainly helps to control portion size! A combination of that plus slimming world suits me fine. Xx

Hi Jane!

I think you're doing great food wise with you being away from home. It's easy to go crazy when we're away and think 'I'll get back on track when I'm home', but you are being really sensible. The butternut squash with the risotto sounds amazing, mmmm!

It's snowing here, can't believe we were slapping on the sunscreen last week, crazy weather!!

I've just typed a lengthy reply then had to cancel it all because I kept getting a message saying my message was too short!

What are you up to today crystal?

Xx

I've just typed a lengthy reply then had to cancel it all because I kept getting a message saying my message was too short!

What are you up to today crystal?

Xx

Oh I had that the other day too, it's so annoying!! How's work going Jane? When are you back home?

I've got a driving lesson this afternoon - I passed my test in December but this is like an advanced course, motorway driving, town driving, driving in the dark etc - I feel fairly confident driving (touch wood) but I think extra lessons after you pass your test can only be a good thing. She might find I've picked up some bad habits too!

Thankfully the snow has gone off now!

Works going fine. I don't actually do much :) hubby is the worker in our household. We hope to be home on Friday. Where we are staying is comfy but nothing beats your bed at home.

I could do with motorway driving lessons, I hate getting on the motorway the most. We live close to a busy stretch of the M6. When it's closed it causes chaos around our local town.

We've just had a downpour but the sun is back out now.

I've eaten some Melba toast, my apple and a banana, so that's lunch done and dusted.

Xx

Back