Jane's Diary

Hi crystal. Had a very busy couple of days plus I've been very naughty food wise. What is one to do when your granddaughters force chocolate on you :eek:. Anyway I've been good today. I reckon I will have put on at weigh in on Wednesday but it's not worth worrying about. I am annoyed with myself though! I have the girls tomorrow and a friend is coming with her grandson for lunch. I've just looked up the recipe for crustless mini quiches. The adults will have that with salad and ham. The children can have egg Mayo sandwiches (made with lighter than light Mayo), salmon pate sandwiches and salad plus quiche if they want it. Crisps and drinks. To follow children have chocolate muffins, strawberries and o fat Greek Yog. Adults strawberries and Greek Yog.

I might have some egg Mayo with my salad, I love it. Eldest granddaughter told me if I couldn't find cress to buy rocket instead for the egg mayo sandwiches. She told me she liked the peppery taste. They are such good girls and both love salad, toms and cucumber, etc. Unlike some kids who won't touch the stuff.

Have you had a good weekend? Hope you've not been lonely without hubby. Xx

Haha Jane, I've just updated my diary and pretty much wrote what you wrote - I've been bad!! I'll copy and paste what I wrote in my next post.

Ah, bless your little grandaughters - it is really good that they like salad and the likes, especially when there is so much junk food around these days.

Lunch tomorrow sounds fab, room for another one?! Hehe!

hubby has been away for two weeks now so only two weeks to go, I have to say it's gone pretty quickly so I can't complain. Very much looking forward to when he comes home though :)

From my diary tonight -

Hello everyone, hope you've all had a happy Easter!

Confession time for me :eek: My friend and I went to the gym then for a swim this afternoon, chilled out in the jacuzzi and steam room after, it was lovely. All good so far. Then we went for a late lunch at Frankie and Benny's and I wasn't so good :( Along with the giant pack of mini eggs (my favourite!) I had last night I am going to get nowhere near a 3lb loss this week, in fact I will be happy to even get half a pound off, bad girl!!

Anyway, weigh in tomorrow night and I'll deal with whatever that brings and move on, really hope I don't get a gain though.

Lol crystal. I blame the cream eggs too :). I love them. I bite the top off then stick my tongue in the middle. Sounds disgusting really :). They are lovely though.

I'm going to make some strawberry jelly, quark, muller light strawberry Yog stuff tomorrow to pig out on tomorrow night. The girls can have some with their strawberries and I'll eat the rest when watching tv tomorrow night. I've no idea what you call that stuff!

Good job I bought two tubs of quark today. I need it for the quiches and the jelly stuff. Oh bugger, just remembered I'll have to cook a meal for hubby tomorrow. He used to be happy with anything but now he has decided to diet it's slimming world recipes only for him. Trouble is, I don't think he knows how to even turn the hob on in this house. As to the oven, no chance. We've only been here a year! Pity he doesn't like baked potato and beans. I know! I have some mince in the fridge, I'll concoct a quick curry with that :rolleyes:

Sometimes you really can't be bothered cooking every night!

Jane (thinking out loud) xx

Think the wagon is doing the rounds today, while we all jump back on it :giggle:

not at WI tomorrow as i am working, but thats probably a good thing :break_diet:hope it goes well for you.

sounds like you had a good easter xxx

Hi Mandy.

Did you succumb? I wish I was one of those people who can eat anything. I reckon I'll have a two to three pound gain (or maybe more) this weigh in. I think I'll be looking for my extra light clothes!

Xx

It's a miracle :). Only a 1 lb gain. Xx

So am I Mandy.

Cooked chicken and potato curry for tea. I've just remembered that I forgot to put the spinach in. Ooops.

Hope everyone is ok and had a good Easter.

Xx

I really need to take myself in hand. I've not had a bad day but I'm not being so cautious, which is not good.

Breakfast today was porridge and banana made with skimmed milk.

Lunch, we ate out today. I had sea bream, pickled courgette and giant couscous. Over all not too bad but it did have butter on it as the bream was fried!

I've jet eaten a baked potato with a butter bud sprinkled on. No veg! I couldn't be bothered to do anything else. My home cooking has gone to pot this week.

We are out for a meal tomorrow to I will endeavour to be good.

On the upside I bought 2 dresses yesterday and I'm not really a dress person. One was a black maxi. It looks good on and is very slimming. We are off to a party in a month or two with the theme being holywood so I'm going to glam the dress up with loads of over the top jewellery, spangly sandals and my hair up. Hopefully I'll look red carpet enough. I think we are all going to be photographed as we enter. Hubby will put on his tuxedo so he's easy. I might even have lost some more weight :)

Have a great weekend and let's hope the rain holds off.

Xx

What a lazy morning I'm having. Still in bed! I'd better get up and have my porridge. It's a beautiful day here in Cheshire.

Crystal hope you are ok. Not heard from you for a few days xx

Hi Jane! Sorry, I've had a mad busy few days but back home tonight so hopefully I'll catch up with everyone then! Speak soon xxxx

Happy Sunday Jane!

How's your weekend been?

1lb gain wasn't bad at all, you'll take that off plus more this week I'm sure. How was your meal out?

I had a whole day out shopping with my Mum and Auntie on Thursday then Friday my Mum and I were in Newcastle to go and see Dancing on Ice. DOI was fab, we had second row tickets so got a great view. We always go to see DOI and Strictly when they tour. Food and drink wise I wasn't good at all, I really think I've put on a good few pounds but I'm back on plan 100% today so it's not all bad.

Hi crystal.

Meal out was lovely. We then went to a surprise afternoon tea on Sunday for the same friend. I ate too much! Heyho. That's life. I've been good the last two days but the damage has been done. I don't know what's the matter with me, I just want to eat :). Weigh in tomorrow! I know it's going to be bad. I can't stop for the meeting either as have got workmen in the house. I think I need to get back to basics. I might get a magazine out and follow a weeks suggested food in that.

Hope you're still doing ok crystal. We both seem to have lost our resolve.

Xx

Just remembered. Son is home from Malta this weekend so that's a meal out on Saturday evening and I've arranged for family to visit late Sunday. I'm planning on doing pizza, quiche, cheese and biscuits and salad plus other nibbles. I can't be bothered to cook loads of Sw food. I will just have to be good! Xxx

Hello Jane!

How did you get on at WI this morning? Hopefully it wasn't as bad as you thought.

I bet you are so looking forward to your son coming home this weekend, if that doesn't call for a meal out then I don't know what does so don't be worrying about it!

I put on a lb last night, totally deserved and I knew it was coming so I can't really say much about it. I've been back on track the last few days so I just need to get on with it!

Hi crystal. 1/2 lb up. Not bad all things considered. I've printed off the suggested 7 day menu from the Sw site so I'm going to follow that, more or less, for a week. It'll cost me a fortune for all the veg. I've done my list and will prob go shopping this afternoon or tomorrow morning. We are pretty much the same. I need you to keep me going :eek:

Looking forward to son and his girlfriend coming home. I've already selected what I can eat off the menu. We are going to the little manor in Thelwall. If you get chance look at the menu and tell me what you would eat. I'm thinking soup followed by chicken or maybe to couscous salad.

Xx

A good day diet wise.

Breakfast: 2 Alpen light, muller light and a banana. 2 coffee plus milk from allowance. At Sw so ate when I got back in.
Lunch: salad of rocket, tomato and cucumber with two slices lean beef and some lighter than light helmans.
Dinner: Sw shepherds pie. Extra lean mince, onions, carrots, 2 tbs Worcester sauce, 2 tbs Tom puree, 1 beef knorr stockpot, some water, mushrooms. Topped with carrot and swede mashed together. It was delicious.

Snacks: apple, choc drink, Sw cranberry Yog bar.
:)

Back