Jane's Diary

What a lovely day after all the rain yesterday. Still a bit windy here but much warmer.

Not much to report diet wise. It was son-in-laws birthday today and daughter organised a party on Saturday for him. I Cooked hicken drumsticks and made a veg couscous. I took the skin off the drumsticks and marinated them in a garlic, lime, turmeric and yogurt marinade. All made following Sw recipes. Lovely. I drank diet lemonade and avoided all desert and birthday cake.

As a consequence I'd gone down this morning. I'm really hoping for a 2 lb loss on Wednesday. We shall see!

Hope everyone else is sticking to plan and doing well.

Xx

Morning Jane,
You "hicken" recipe sounds lovely I might try that :rotflmao:

Sounds like you had a good day, 1 day at a time as they say :) reward yourself for the little victories

With 80 minutes aerobic exercise yesterday I hit 13,500 steps on my pedometer :woohoo:
Me Wednesday weigh-in too I would like a 3lbs this week :fingerscrossed:

Fingers crossed lynda:). Wouldn't 3 off every week be fabulous! I'd be at goal in no time at all. Someone actually asked me if I'd lost weight at the party. I was a bit miffed that nobody else noticed. I was feeling really svelte too.

I've been slowly going through my clothes and getting rid of things that are too big. I'm determined il never go up to the weight I was again. I've managed to stay the same for the last couple of years so I know it's possible. The slimming world diet is so easy and can easily be adapted when at goal.

It's now raining!

Xx

Another 1 lb off. Happy with a loss but had hoped for more. I've been so strict this week....maybe too strict. I'll relax a bit more with the rice, pasta and potatoes this week and see if eating more will help me lose next week.

Good luck Lynda for later. X

Another 1 lb off. Happy with a loss but had hoped for more. I've been so strict this week....maybe too strict. I'll relax a bit more with the rice, pasta and potatoes this week and see if eating more will help me lose next week.

Good luck Lynda for later. X

Hi Jane
:woohoo: a lose is a lose all welcome in my book, when I can put on 6lbs on in a week.....
You maybe right with the not enough theory.
Thanks for the luck feeling good cloths are feeling loser but you can never tell what the scales are gonna say :scale:
Will post tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

well done on the loss, i am on holiday at the moment back at sw on the 16th trying to be good :sigh:

have a lovely week xx

Hi Mandy. Enjoy your holiday but above all else "be good" (well most of the time).

Looking forward to hearing your results Lynda and I know what you mean about putting on. I reckon I could manage a good half stone in a week:rolleyes:

Hi Jane,
Me lost 1lb too :( wanted more but must stay positive here's to the next weigh-in :) xx

Managed to have a wet walk lunchtime and gym tonight so planning another good week it has to show soon.

Hi Lynda. Well done on a pound off! I imagine you feel exactly as I did with my loss :)

Is it raining where you are? What's a wet walk?

I've been busy today sorting my clothes out. I've put loads in a bin bag to give away. It feels very therapeutic. I want to buy replacements in a smaller size but, so far, have mostly managed to resist. Now everything fits I have loads of choice so I'll wait until I'm absolutely desperate for something :)

I wonder how crystal is doing diet wise on holiday.

Xx

Happy birthday to me :D and I'm definitely not eating anything I shouldn't!

Xx

Hello Jane and all and :birthday:

Sorry I've been missing in action - away on holiday for a week and then busy (and tired after going back to work!!). Great to hear that you're still doing well, wish all the effort resulted in those extra lbs on the scale but you're getting there and have a great mindset.
Holiday came and went - didn't do too badly with the food as it was a buffet but I guess the extra glasses of wine probably didn't help on the weight front. I decided though that a little rest and relaxation was the order of the day and although still avoiding the dreaded scales I'm back to eating sensibly and trying to up the activity levels, my priority is to feel healthier. Tenerife was nice and sunny so at the very least I'll have upped my vitamin d levels (another deficiency :() but brrrrrr how cold was it to come back to a wild and windy UK. Hope you're still on the case with the thyroid problems - sure that's not helping the main thing is that you feel better and you're over a stone down from the beginning of the year so lots of reasons to have a great birthday

Sue x

Thank you sue. I thought you'd been quiet. I'm glad you had a good holiday. I'm so looking forward to a good dose of warm sunshine this summer. My d is also low.

On the medical front, its looking more likely I could have Haemochromatosis. I've had a test which indicated unlikely but the test only looks at the more common forms and is only 90 % accurate. My brother has just discovered his iron levels are sky high (with me it's ferritin) so it really does point to Haemochromatosis. It can also affect your thyroid! there are so many pointers it's ridiculous. I think my brother's test might also show unlikely so I foresee A confrontation at the doctors to get more detailed tests. Why is it always so difficult!! Sorry to ramble but it makes me so mad :mad:

Anyway, back to today. I hope your weight wasn't too horrendous and I'm sure you'll soon feel back to normal. I don't know about you, but I always feel much better when eating sensibly.

Oh! Son on phone from Malta, got to dash.

Thanks again xx

Good morning. Still in bed and just thinking..... I'm looking forward to the day I will be classed as overweight and not obese on bmi charts :)

Xx

Almost time to get in bed. It's very late.

I've had a good day food wise but feel so full now. I was out all day and as consequence have eaten very late tonight. I won't eat much tomorrow in readiness for wi on Wednesday. I hope I've gone down.

Had a meal out yesterday but was very good.

Onion soup to start. Steak with no sauce and a green salad with no potatoes/chips! One glass diet coke and water. Decaf coffee with a tiny drop of milk.

We shall see.

Night xx

Hi Jane,

Well done on your meal out sometimes it is just easier to make the right choices :)
I went to a a Brewers fare with my DH and DM on Saturday. No jacket spuds available so went for grilled chicken and bacon salad, dressing on the side with some low fat mayo. It was just scrummy as my mum tucked into a chicken tikka and hubby chips and lasagne. I enjoy it for what it was and felt so good :innocent0001:.

Don't starve yourself for weigh-in that is not real life is it :eek: Good luck anyway x

Morning Jane,
Have a lovely day :) x

Hi Lynda

2 lb off and slimmer of the week :)

Post how you get on and good luck.

Xx

Hi Lynda

2 lb off and slimmer of the week :)

Post how you get on and good luck.

Xx

Much the same 2.5lbs and SOW well done us :D x

Well done Lynda.

I've not been very good today! My friend took me to birminham shopping and treated me to a meal at the Marco Pierre White restaurant there for a birthday treat for me. We've had a lovely meal and I have to admit to having a trifle for desert. I struggled to finish it as it was so rich. I seem to have got used to not eating anything creamy or rich.

I wonder if I'll have gone up tomorrow:) at least I have a week to rectify it.

Xx

Happy Birthday:553: Jane
Meal sounds lovely. I had a cream cake after weigh-in but it was lovely :drool:
Have a nice weekend catch up with you next week x

Back