Janet's Diary - Thinner and fitter in 2012

JanetG

Hello!

I'm fed up of being overweight and unfit. I started going to Zumba a few months ago and its hurting my knees! I like walking in the countryside but struggle going uphill! It's definately time I made the effort to lose some weight and get fitter.

Well I finally took the plunge and signed up with Slimming World last week. I got a bit of a shock when I realised just how heavy I have become over the years! I'm following the Extra Easy plan and, so far, have found it quite easy to follow. My next weigh in is tonight......

In order to keep myself motivated I have set myself a big target. It's not based on losing a set amount of weight, although weight loss will help, but is a physical challenge. We have booked a family holiday in Scotland in August, where my teenage son and I will walk the Great Glen Way which is 79 miles long. If I can't do it, I'm letting him down, so failure is not an option!

Wk 1 - 6.5lb loss

Went to Zumba last night which was hard work, then straight on to Slimming World. This was my first weigh in. A bit shocked to discover I'd lost 6.5lb! A great start!

Well done! :) Keep positive!

Spent yesterday morning walking around a local forest. It was really nice, frosty but sunny. Then undid it all by going to the in-law's for sunday lunch!! Had quite a lot of syns yesterday but, with flexible syns, it shouldn't matter because I've had fewer on the other days.

Well done on your weight loss in week one, that's amazing.

Keep it up, just keep thinking about the walk in August with your son.

JanetG said:
Wk 1 - 6.5lb loss

Went to Zumba last night which was hard work, then straight on to Slimming World. This was my first weigh in. A bit shocked to discover I'd lost 6.5lb! A great start!

Well done!!! :)

Wk 2 - 1.5lb loss, making 8lb in total.

Another hard Zumba class then straight to weigh in. Glad to have lost some again this week.

I'm thinking of going to Aqua Fit tonight. I used to do it every week and stopped going, so now is probably the time to start again.

Went to aquafit on Thursday night which was hard work but fun. Also went for a walk in the hills on Saturday afternoon. However, it was my birthday this weekend so spent the rest of the time eating and drinking!! I'll be very surprised if I don't gain on my next weigh-in on Wednesday!

Surprisingly, I lost half a pound this week. Okay, I've upped the exercise a bit, but I still had pub meals twice over the weekend plus a lot of booze!

I'm now doing two Zumba classes a week (Mon & Wed) and Aquafit (Thu). Also trying to fit in some walking at the weekend.

I've tried to be good this week. Did a 6 mile walk at the weekend and have also done aquafit and a couple of zumba classes. Also stuck to plan, mainly, apart from sunday lunch at the in-laws house!

Really pleased because I've lost another 3lb!

Well done.

Missed aquafit on Thursday night because I had to go to a meeting. I did manage to do a 7 mile walk in North Wales on Saturday.....although I had a large slab of bara brith afterwards with my cuppa! Zumba tonight.

Missed aquafit on Thursday night because I had to go to a meeting. I did manage to do a 7 mile walk in North Wales on Saturday.....although I had a large slab of bara brith afterwards with my cuppa! Zumba tonight.

Keep up the good work - it seems like you love your classes and walking.

I'm thinking of going to an aquafit class at my local gym next week, a bit worried about keeping up as my fitness level is pretty much nil, but it says it's for all levels so I'll give it a bash!

Keep up the good work - it seems like you love your classes and walking.

I'm thinking of going to an aquafit class at my local gym next week, a bit worried about keeping up as my fitness level is pretty much nil, but it says it's for all levels so I'll give it a bash!

Definately give aquafit a try BlondeGem. It is for all levels and, because it's in the water, it's low impact. You should enjoy it.

I weighed in again last night. Pleased to report another 3lb loss taking me to a total loss of 1 stone and half a pound. :D

Well done on your weight loss so far :D

Thanks BlondeGem.

Weigh in was delayed by a day this week because the hall wasn't available. Seemed odd weighing in on a Thursday! Anyway, the good news is that I lost 3lb again. Very happy!!

Lost 1.5lb this week. Very pleased with that. I missed aquafit last week because our weigh in was moved and they clashed. I also didn't get to go out walking at the weekend due to family committments. I also didn't stick to plan at the weekend. I don't really understand how I managed to lose any weight....!!!

Managed to lose another 2.5lb this week, giving me my 1.5st award! Also, got Slimmer of the Month award for Feb!!

Found Zumba difficult this week, my legs ache!

Back