Jan's Cambridge Diary

I've really enjoyed reading your diary hun, I love the way you write!

Just started today so you guys are my new thinspiration.

Have a lovely weekend x

wowsers. so the weekend with my sister went well. on sat had 2 shakes and 5 wings and salad in nandos, and on sun then had one shake, olives and feta for lunch, very small chicken and salad in pizza express. walked so much the weekend and upped my water big time. anywho lost nearly 5 pounds!!!! delighted. im nearly 17 pounds down :D chuffed to bits. so this is my last week effectively on ss/ss+ (im allowing my self two to three high protein meals this week as a transition method into step 2) my cdc has said this is perfectly fine. upping the exercise a lot this week also in prep for stage three and my joining a gym. aiming for over an hour walking a day, yesterday walked well over two hours. also want to do three resistance weight training sessions (complex routines) in a bid to start toning and get used to working out a bit so the shock of it when i hit stage 3 in 3 weeks wont kill me lol. anywho had two shakes yesterday, along with 5 grilled wings and some olives/garlic and then my cambridge orange bar. i dont feel guilty as i more than did the exercise yesterday. plus drank approx 2 and a half litres of water if not more. today had two shakes and soup for dinner. will get well over an hours walking in today also. and have drank over a litre of water so far. tomorrow going for dinner with my bf, so having shake, soup and then a protein and salad of some sort, no dressing. then ss/ ss+ for rest of week. :)

will keep ye all posted. jan x

p.s. everyone reading drink your water. it makes all the difference xx

well done you!

the water does make a difference of course, because of the way ketones are passed through your urine. the more you wee, the more fat can be passed. However, a litre of water weighs a kilo (2.2 pounds) - so I feel a bit of a wally drinking 3/4 of a litre on the way to weigh in today!

Jesus Christ the rain is not even funny here in London today :( and the flu is taking over my office so now i have a cold :( :( went out for dinner with the guy im seeing last night. went to pizza express and had a salad which had a bit of chicken, a bit of goats cheese and some olives and then a large amount of lettuce. had no dressing and obv none of the garlic bread things you get, just had my salad and you know what i loved it :) every morsel and didnt feel guilty. defo feel my relationship with food is getting better. today i feel like crap and want a coffee but im like ya know what, i havent had caffeine in nearly a month and ive had more energy this past four weeks than in years. so i was like, right clearly no coffee is needed, drink some green tea. and three cups later, im still feeling pretty crap but im in good form. i find my cravings are very much a mental thing now, like i dont yearn for things anymore its like instead i imagine it, go hmmmm that would be nice and then go nah sod it. very pleased with my current mentality. have to admit i met a great guy the first week i started cambridge and he has been brilliant. worked all our dates around venues that didnt involve food or alcohol bless him. positive people have been the best help. out of my two groups of mates here, one have been brill but the others i love them but i mean im nearly a month on this and im still hearing "awh its a pity you cant drink we could have had a few in the house" etc. like im over it why cant they be? ughhhhh. to be honest this past month has been amazing on so many levels, ive lost weight, ive met a great guy, work is going good, friendships are good, my media career on the side (i have a degree in media) is taking off and just things are really good. its been a complete eye opening experience and i am truly happy. only thing peeving me off today is this STUPID cold. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :(

did ss on tuesday, and had a shake and soup before my salad yesterday. will do ss till monday now although might so ss+ tonight with this stupid cold. had a good water day on mon and tue, yesterday ish, today working on it. have kept up the walking. did over an hour tuesday and yesterday and got half an hour done (it lashed on the way back so had to get bus) today. gonna wait till cold dies down to tackle weights.

oooooooooooooh forgot to tell ye, costume came and fancy dress is this sat :D ill be honest, you can really see the weightloss in it and i look very well. im chuffed! its moments like these that are far better than being drunk. so atleast on sat night if i get stick for not drinking (well not so much stick just a repeat reminder that im not!!! sigh :mad:) well atleast ill be standing there looking unreal in a corset (im going as a sexy ladybird :cool: ;) ) im sure thatll help take my mind off people annoying me.

ill be honest, being in the early stages of seeing someone is really helping on so many levels. one you have that new loved up feeling as ur getting to know someone so ur instantly happier! two its a boost to the self esteem to have someone tell you youre gorgeous! three the ahem regular exercise! :eek: ;) and four the fact that someone likes me just as i am before the slim me emerges! and i find that this time, im still sticking to my diet, before id be like oh well he likes me the way i am lets eat! now im like great that he likes me, but i wana do this for me! :girlpower:

anywho rant over lol I hope ye are all doing well. :)

Jan x

Last edited:
well done you!

the water does make a difference of course, because of the way ketones are passed through your urine. the more you wee, the more fat can be passed. However, a litre of water weighs a kilo (2.2 pounds) - so I feel a bit of a wally drinking 3/4 of a litre on the way to weigh in today!

my weigh in is at 18:30 so i try to drink a litre or two in the morning cos ill have peed it out by the evening lol. then the rest after xxx

Nearly a month on cambridge. where does the time fly. already noticing massive differences. I and my bf are going down to brighton next weekend to see my bff and her fiance and shes booking the most amazing italian in brighton. so anyway i said yup they do nice salads sure and she was like "jan u cant have a salad in donatellos" and i was like "i can and whats more is i want to" and thats the weird thing, i genuinely want to. :) so had a look at the menu and have a lovely choice of suitable starters and beautiful salads along with main courses that consist of chicken, steak or fish. I have not ate nothing but soup and shakes for nearly a month to mess it all up on a blooming pizza! my cold is nearly gone, a month ago id have been on antibiotics. i know my body is happier and i definitely know im happier. hope youre all having a good week. Its friday! :D

love x

Ooo donatellos! I went to uni in Brighton and donatellos was my favourite place. My boyfriend used to take me to celebrate essays being handed in, good grades, birthdays etc! It was lush!

Chocolate and orange shakes?! What!? Where are these?! x

Ok so after a successful three weeks on ss and then one week on ss with three high protein meals, this weekend i slipped up a bit, i had on sat one shake and then at a 30th five/ six non fried cocktail sausages and a hand ful of nuts and a large handful of low fat crispy things. and loads of water. then today id no shake and went to a christening and was starved (my own fault) and basically had two mini tiny pork pies and two tiny sausage rolls. then at my boyfriends had a bag of chilli doritoes. and you know something i dont feel guilty. i feel proud. i stopped with the crips. i could have had choc, or pizza and loads more. the same as i stopped at the party last night and the christening today. i didnt keep going. nor did i give into alcohol. the old me would have gorged. and had a drink.and then a pizza. i also opted for the highest in protein and i didnt opt for sweets or cake etc. im happy. im happy with my progress and if my weigh in isnt exactly what id hope for tomorrow, well then ya know what its been worth it the past month because ive a much healthier attitude towards food. imgonna go onto stage three this week, start doing exercise and basically lose the rest of my weight at a reasonable pace. im ready for it. and excited. ready for the next step x

losemenow - you're a star, well done. Hope the cold is better

hi helsy :( the only problem is, because i didnt gorge or have my shakes, i didnt eat enough the weekend and still overdid it big time with late nights and running around so i am currently sporting a very swollen gland, a sore throat and two very red and sore eyes. :( im leaving work earlier to go home to bed and today i am having my full three soups/ shakes. loads of tea with skim milk and just sleeping it off. meeting my cambridge councillor wed. have enough shakes to do me till then. happy at my ability to control myself re food but annoyed with myself for not being smart and getting sick when i have such a busy week this week. grrrrrr. ugh where are my painkillers. so sick :(

thanks for the kind words. have by no means given up. still back on it :D x

Last edited:
well its monday and am back on sole source. genuinely feel so crap dont think I could eat even if i tried but had my shake first thing and will be sure to have my soup now and drink my shake in the evening. delighted in one sense because i have no cravings food today after my slip ups the weekend. also because id such limited carbs i.e. very little,i think my body will fly back into ketosis. need to drink more water today. hope ye're all well. xx

ok so its nearly 5..... setting myself the task of getting a litre of water into me before 5.30. had two cups of coffee. not addicted to caffiene at all thank god, but when ur sick tis like u need something hot and that gives u a boost. having soup for dinner i think. ugh cant wait to sink into a shower. bed early tonight fo shizzle. feeling good though. gonna try get a good three litres of water in to me today tomorrow and wed before weigh in. exercise might have to take a back seat until my tonsils decide not to cause me grief. im so hot :( x

ok so very run down and have a bad strep throat. think its time for phase three. a month on ss has been more than enough for me and i want to start getting fit. had three shakes yesterday, a shake this morning but for lunch i am going to have a proper meal of some sort in the hope of shifting this bloody infection. still adamant to lose the weight and not go back to my old ways. defo joining the gym next week, time to lose the rest of this weight slowly but surely :d x

ok so i really tried and unfortunately tonsilitis beat me!!!! on a week of STRONG antibiotics and painkillers. glands are literally like golfballs, and struggling to swallow my own saliva let alone much else. diet and weightloss is gonna have to take a back seat. need to get better fast.

hope ye're all well. be back in action this time next week

xxx

poor you! hope you're feeling better, kitten.

is step three 810 or 1000?

ok put on five pounds in approx ten days.... and im actually relieved. i spent a good five of those days in bed, i ate ALL around me and i drank a load of lucozade and redbull. plus last weekend id some cocktails. like to say i went ott in that time is putting it mildly. anyway slaps on hand, the point is im back, and ready to complete my journey no matter how many steps back it takes. the poa is ss + for one week, step two for one and then onto step three and full exercise plan until target weight is reached, i have five weeks till hols, 9 weeks tilll i see my best friends in dublin for a weekend and then xmas. so loads to keep me going :D plus my career in media and djing is starting to take off so i want my image to represent me fully as ive recently found more confidence in myself. my boyfriend is being very supportive, and all is all apart from my weight life if really good.

anyway day one of ss/ss +. choco orange shake :D yay!

hugs n kisses to all xxxx

Back