January 2009 - Starters

Well done on the size 16 trousers TI, that means you are now average ;):D

Glad that you're getting your mojo back - don't underestimate what you've achieved.

Don't worry, we're all here to keep each other on track :D

Hello everyone!!!
Sorry i've not been around for a while i've been super busy and i'm off on my jollys on Sunday :) I'm so excited!!!
It's great to hear everyone is still doing so well - I can't believe how far us January starters have come! We should all be very proud!!
I just uploaded a photo from my boyfriend's graduation show yesterday - i can't quite believe its me! I'm very pleased :)
Hope you are all well and i shall have to catch up properly when i get home from Majorca!
Take care everyone xxxxx

wow jess
you look fab!!!
daisy x

WOW Jess

You look fabulous, congratulations. You must feel very proud of your achievement and your boy friend must do too.
Well done.
When you read this I hope you will have returned from a super holiday in Mallorca. I know the island well. It should be starting to get really hot there now.
I look forward to seeing a holiday photo.
And yes. I agree. January starters have really stuck with it andsupported each other.xxx

lost 2lb!
yay -only one more til i'm 8 stone 7 my target!!

really pleased as i have lost the 1lb i put on after brighton - and an extra one too!

Daisydoll - wk 25 2lb off -63lbs total - 1lb to go
Emveg - W14.5 - 5.5lb off - 58.5lb lost - 0lb to lose!!!
Foxtrot - Week 19 - 1lb in RTM ....12lb to go
JaneyB- wk5 RTM- 46lbs lost 4lb below target.
JazzyB W12 -3lbs off 49lbs lost 0lb to go
JessicaL - wk2 RTM - 1lb off - 60lbs total - 6lb to go
Louale - W24 - 10.0 - 52total - 42lbs to lose
sansukh--wk21--STS-lost 3 stone and feeling good
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 8 - 4lb - 116lbs total 26lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 21 - 3lb - 54lbs total -27lbs to loose
SIIM - Refreshers- 5.5lbs - 43lbs total -90lbs to lose
Susianna - wk 21 - 0.8lb- Total - 63lbs -19.8 to go
thin_inside - wk 21 - 2.5lbs off - 76lbs total - 56lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 23 - 4lbs off - 70.5lbs total - 1.5lb below target

Jess - looking amazing. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Daisy - brilliant recovery and I look forward to celebrating with you next week when you reach goal!

I had an early wi as will be away working this week. In 5 days I lost 2.5lb so very pleased with that. I have fully recovered from my slip and feeling mentally strong again.

hmm - may not reach goal next week
im off to glastonbury on thurs-mon so although i will try to stick to plan as much as possible, i realistically prob won't be able to 100% so am expecting a gain
but...
will all be off again the following week!
daisy x

Have a fab Glasto

I'll expect another photo on the shoulders. Hope you enjoy all the Golden Oldies there this year, especially Clapton. It's more my era really - I think you should donate your ticket to me ........!

no chance!!!!
can't wait - its my fav place in the world, soooo excited
daisy x

Before I start rambling just have to say ... well done Daisy & TI, great losses girls and Jess you look fab!

Well, I'm still here .... got back off my Dubai / Oman work trip a week ago which was fab. I ended up not having any packs as we had so many hosted lunches and dinners that it was impossible and I was keen to see what would happen if I pushed the boundaries a little ... but was very good on the whole and kept away from bread, staples (rice, pasta etc) and deserts and just picked from things I could have whilst in week 6 of RTM. Probably a little excessive than I should have been on the alcohol tho lol!

So have been quietly lurking since back as am I a little down following a funny turn I had last Wed night where I ended up in hospital, cutting a long story very short they think I had some kind of fit so now can't drive till I've had further tests (have Neurology apt in 3 weeks) and if they agree it was a fit then have to be fit free for a year before I can drive again :cry:. Can put up with that short term but can't help thinking of the school holidays with an 8 & 11 year old ... nightmare!

Soooo had my first WI in 3 weeks last night and have lost 2.4 in that time which I am really pleased with, I feel much more confidence now that I can go on hols at the end of July and not "blow it". So onto week 8 of RTM now.

Hope you are all ok and that things are still going well for all of you .... can't believe how far we've all come since Jan! :D
Susianna - wk 25 - 2.4lb- Total - 65.4lbs -17.4 to go

Well done T_I and Daisy

Susianna - I'm really sorry to hear about your medical problem, I hope it turns out to be nothing and you're back behind the wheel ASAP.

Susianna - wk 26 - 3lb- Total - 69lbs -14 to go

Hi - I'm still here plodding along! Lost 2.5lb in the last 9 days. Still lowish losses and missing my 3s and 4s a lot now.

However, putting my positive head on - that's 6 stone gone and I'm about two thirds of the way to goal. I have lost at least something every single week. Compliments are a daily occurrence :D.

Susianna - wk 26 - 3lb- Total - 69lbs -14 to go
thin_inside - wk 24 - 2.5lbs off - 84.5lbs total - 47.5lbs to lose

Susianna - I'm pleased you're still losing well into RTM.

How are you now? Was a fit confirmed? Hope things going OK. xx

Well done TI and Susianna. Nice to see you so positive TI, it's all still going the right way and the compliments must help to keep you focused. Hope you're accepting those strokes :D:D:D

Week 3 of RTM started for me today and I STS last night. That's the plan - to maintain but I'm slightly disappointed not to have lost at the start, but must admit to not having been 100% but I've made some very considered choices and have not binged (which I had already done by the same stage of RTM when I did it in 2006) so I guess I'm already doing better :)

Gone a bit mad on the new choices today and will probably suffer later but this is a bit of a learning curve as I need to adjust my routine as I'm down to 2 packs this week and that's thrown me.

I think I'll get there though :D

Hey Westie

Well done you. I found those first few weeks on RTM difficult to adjust to as well.
It feels a bit like jumping with no safety net. The focus has been on losing for so long it seems disappointing to STS.
However, that's the idea isn't it?
Learning to maintain!
Stick with it, once you get through this halfway house and come off the packs altogether it does get easier and less scary - honest.
Also, i notice you are below your target already..................xxx

The End of LL

:D "apologies for copying from my RTM blog" :D

as they say in cartoons....."Thats All Folks"

I have officially finished LL, (OK i'm not doing week 12 RTM but had final WI last night and agreed with LLC that that's the end). Final photo taken and will not be going back other than pop-in in 3 weeks time (prior to holiday), then plan on popping in again when return from holiday.

I have ~30 packs spare which I'm keeping in case I feel the 'need' to lose a few lb when I get back from my holiday.

I feel absolutely terrific, energised and excited. Similar to how I felt when I first started RTM in fact. There's a World of freedom out there (I know nothing's changed and I certainly don't intend to go mad)...

So yesterday RTM Week 11 day 7 (the final official day) - Wednesday

Oh, almost forgot. I actually LOST another 3lb over the past 2 weeks which gets me into the 11stone range (11 st 13 lb but still), which I just can't quite believe. Glycogen is well & truly restored so I'm seriously chuffed.

I don't plan on logging food etc going forward and will be interested in seeing how easy I find that in reality.

So what have I learned in RTM?

Well it's taken a while but I know that no food is 'bad', even Carbs have a place in a healthy diet.

Fruit is good (no, its much better than that).

Alcohol can be a trigger for me, so I need to be conscious about what i do when having/had a drink.

I have an obsessive personality (think I knew this already) but I can control food addiction. I need to be aware that there will be other temptations.

I have the control. I can allow myself the odd slip and be responsible enough to take the necessary action within a day or 2 to get back to the straight & narrow.

Oh yes, and fresh food is brilliant. No matter how little time I have it's ALWAYS better to cook something fresh than a 'ready meal'

All in all I'm a VERY happy chap today; I really feel that I have achieved every goal I set myself for this phase in my life, and I like the symmetry of it all.

So a few statistics to close this chapter:

Start date: 01/01/09
Finish date: 01/07/09
EXACTLY 26 weeks, or 1/2 a year

Start weight: 20 st 6 lb
Finish weight: 11st 13lb
EXACTLY 8 1/2 stone (119 lb)

Collar size 19.5" (start) 14.5" (now) - 5" reduction
Waist size 46" (start) 32" (now) - 14" reduction
Chest size 54" (start) 36" (now) - 18" reduction

BMI start - 42.2 (morbidly obese)
BMI now - 24.5 (healthy)

Last edited:
Sean - Absolutely Awesome!

Your blog has been, and will continue to be, an inspiration to the way I want to handle RTM. Some great thoughts and personal recognition recorded. Well done and thanks for the legacy. xx

Wow Sean .... huge congratulations, what an amazing journey you have had, you should be (and I can tell you are) incredibly proud of yourself!

I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and for being such an inspiration, please don't underestimate how you have helped many people including me especially on RTM, and even though I havn't been as "vocal" as some on the boards I always read your blogs and they helped sooo much, not sure I would have been so sucessful on RTM without you!

Clearly you are more than ready and equipped for your new journey of "maintaining" and I wish you all the luck in the world!

Take care x

Back