January 2009 - Starters

hi and welcome zandilemhlonitshwa,

i dont think everyone loose their hair and if you do its not permanant. the side effects can be harsh but i think they are totally worth it.

well im STILL waiting to hear my start date, there was talk that i would be the wednesday after new year but nothing set in stone!!! im going to ring on monday and try and get it sorted.

ive had a ok xmas, although food did feature quite heavily, im going to be starting LL a good half a stone heavier than i planned to i think!!!!!!! ive not got anything for xmas, just money which ive put away, then when i get to target i gonna go and have a huge shopping spree, hopefully of all size 12 clothes!!!!!!

Well I've bought my scrap book for my LL journey, and bought the pair of jeans I've been looking at for a while in the sale as my dream size pair!

Getting in the mood for it!

Wow, sounds like we're all getting ready for the start line!

Food has featured heavily over my Christmas too, although I though I'd try and cut back, it's almost like the last supper each day for me, so really can't wait for 5 Jan to arrive.

I do have some CD packs and am tempted to use them for a week before I start LL, but worried that I might mess things up, so maybe better to wait to my start date.

Emveg - bet it won't take too long and your jeans will be too big for you lol

Louale x

Well... just as a little experiment I just "put the jeans on" to see where I am now, thinking it would make the moment I fit into them somehow comparable.

The reached my knees!! :8855:

I think that may make the moment in 4 or so months very sweet indeed.

And yes, that picture is going in my scrapbook.

Well... just as a little experiment I just "put the jeans on" to see where I am now, thinking it would make the moment I fit into them somehow comparable.

The reached my knees!! :8855:

I think that may make the moment in 4 or so months very sweet indeed.

And yes, that picture is going in my scrapbook.

Loving the thought of that picture - and also the thought of the cheering that will happen when you not only fasten them up but discover they are too big :D

that made me laugh emveg!
I think I might do the same - i've got some size 12s from years ago somewhere - will be amazing if/when i can get them on!
daisy x

Hi all!
Not long to go now....ironically several of my presents were food related, but they'll keep, I haven't been behaving well, but not nearly as badly as I usually do over Christmas.
Can't wait until the 5th though. Or I suppose the 6th because the LL meeting is 8pm on the Monday and I guess we eat normally during that day?
Westiegirl - there was one girl at my info meeting who lived nearer Wrexham but hadn't known there was an LLC there, so I doubt she'll come back as a confirmation - I really hope we're in the same group, but either way you'll start very soon!

Sharon x

8 days til my 1st meeting!!!!

Oh my god the wait is killing me!!!:cry:

I'm sat at work bored out of my head just thinking how great it will be to be a size 12. When I go out shopping at the moment, instead of buying clothes in a size 20 I am buying them in a size 12!!! I am getting some really good bargains at places like George and Peacocks.
Tip: Primark have some great clothes so it will mean that when your going down in sizes you won't need to spend as much money.

Well I have been told that I can take a 2 hour lunch so i think I will nip over to Asda and have a look at the clothes in the sale!!

Not long now for most of you. 2 week and 3 dats for me. The countdown is on!!

Take care All :grouphugg:

thats a good idea to buy smaller sizes now, i dont feel confident enough to do that yet, maybe when i see some weight loss and feel its really happening ill feel differently!!!

im saving all my money from xmas, and im putting £10 a week away from now till may (when i should hopefully be near target) so that i can go on a major shopping spree! i hate shopping now, i only ever look at handbages and shoes, although the shoes are hard to get at the mo cos my feet are so fat!!!!!!!!!:(

I've not been shopping either, and to be honest, I have a wardrobe full of size 20-18-16-14-12 clothes, so hopefully I'll be wearing some of them very soon.

I thought I might buy myself some nice jewellery as I lose the weight and maybe buy the odd pair of shoes and handbag too, then when I'm at goal, I'll buy myself a new wardrobe full of clothes - how exciting is that going to be!

One week today and I'll probably be on my second shake LOL!

Louale x

Hi all!
Not long to go now....ironically several of my presents were food related, but they'll keep, I haven't been behaving well, but not nearly as badly as I usually do over Christmas.
Can't wait until the 5th though. Or I suppose the 6th because the LL meeting is 8pm on the Monday and I guess we eat normally during that day?
Westiegirl - there was one girl at my info meeting who lived nearer Wrexham but hadn't known there was an LLC there, so I doubt she'll come back as a confirmation - I really hope we're in the same group, but either way you'll start very soon!

Sharon x

I don't think the Wrexham group is running anymore because she isn't listed on the website now, so she might come back afterall :(

I'm not surprised about the Wrexham LLC though, being honest she wasn't very good :mad:

I am desperate for confirmation too. I would like to plan whether I go shopping etc etc. Don't want to do a big food shop if I'm starting next week.

Last week the LLC said she'd need to sort confirmations next week and would get back to me. I don't want to phone and sound too pushy so I'm wondering what day would be a good day to phone - might phone her Wednesday if she's not called by then.

I am desperate for confirmation too. I would like to plan whether I go shopping etc etc. Don't want to do a big food shop if I'm starting next week.

Last week the LLC said she'd need to sort confirmations next week and would get back to me. I don't want to phone and sound too pushy so I'm wondering what day would be a good day to phone - might phone her Wednesday if she's not called by then.

I think that's perfectly reasonable - you need some notice and surely she'll know by Wednesday how many are coming the following week. If nothing else you need to know you're definitely not in the group (but I hope you are!).

I've not been shopping either, and to be honest, I have a wardrobe full of size 20-18-16-14-12 clothes, so hopefully I'll be wearing some of them very soon.

Oh yes! Sounds horribly familiar! I'm going to sort my clothes out this afternoon into drawers/hanging space -
Ginormous (fit now - to go asap)
Enormous (try in a few weeks)
Very Big (try at end of 8weeks)
Big (try at end of Foundation)
Verging-on-Normal (size 14ish)

I don't have anything smaller than that, so at that point, ho hum, I'll have to shop!

think I might go and do the same!
daisy x

I can't wait for that moment - the big shop.

During foundation and developers I think I will be going down the route of buying the few essentials (knickers, work trousers, 1 pair jeans and couple tops for work and casual) from places like primark (or primani as I like to call it!), tesco, asda George... or more likely charity shops.

Seen as I will not be going up to the canteen with everyone at lunch I suddenly realised I have to think of things to do in this time. And I have to admit I was stuck for a while!

SO...with the whole, I want to be fit and healthy not just slim, I am going to make sure I go for a fast-ish walk of a lunch time - and take out another time of possible weakness to eat.

That way I can nip to all the charity shops down town and pick up some nice bargains, or asda or tesco there or the Primark in my lunch break!

Even if I wander to town and just look at styles I wish I could wear. It's getting me moving, motivating me and taking temptation away from me!

Good idea Emveg. I have an hour for lunch myself so was planning on using this site to help keep me away from the vending machines :)

I have been reading about what other things you can eat/drink on lighter life and I have seen people talking about Buillion that you can have instead of the LL savoury drink. I bought a tub from Asda for £1.49, it says its swiss vegetable stock that you can have as a hot drink. I am going to try it before starting LL so at least if i don't like it I know I can still eat. I'll let you all know what it's like.

Back