January 2009 - Starters

Awww, Susianna, thank you - that is a lovely thing to say!

I bet your are excited - it is a very exciting first step! Enjoy it!! :)

It is weird to be called an inspiration... it was only at the start of Sept that I was in your position and was looking to other's... you'll be providing the motivation and answers to newcomers before you know it - it's a strange old journey!

Sexybecks - thinking of you (and happy birthday!) and hope your LLC gets her backside in gear sooner rather than later :D

Hugs to all - I'm off home :) Byeee xx

Anna, i shall be looking to you for lots of help im sure, i have my first meeting wednesday and am really nervous that i cant do this!!!!!!! i know i can but ive had lunch today and am now really hungry already!!!!

All the ladies that have thier first meeting tonight, GOOD LUCK!!! cnat wait for you all to get back!!

Anna, i shall be looking to you for lots of help im sure, i have my first meeting wednesday and am really nervous that i cant do this!!!!!!! i know i can but ive had lunch today and am now really hungry already!!!!

All the ladies that have thier first meeting tonight, GOOD LUCK!!! cnat wait for you all to get back!!

You will be just fine Emma, you will not feel hungry on the diet, what you do is eat every 4 hours (pack) and you will be ok, you will also begin to understand that the hunger you mentioned above is most likely fake hunger or the body asking for water, if you feel that way after a pack then drink some water and it goes away.

If it helps we all felt this way when starting so don't worry you are not alone :)

Anna, you are now a Honerererererey Jan starter! Welcome - and now time to get stuck in!

Sorry to come in and completely ignore most of the above....but had the day of days.

Found out I have Hip Displaysia, which has nothing to do with my weight and makes most every day things extremely painful. The Dr. took it as time to lecture me, and basically ignore the idea of treating me! I tried saying I was starting a diet on Wed, but he spoke over me and carried on talking. I ended up shouting at him about it!

BUT I have a referral back there in 6 months, and I can't wait to go back in there and see if he wants to do anything to help now or complain about my weight and how I am not doing anything good to my body!

INSPIRATION MUCH!!!

:welcome: to jo1 - I've added you to our list - can you set an ultimate or interim goal?

:birthday: to Sexybecks1 -and I really really hope your LLC gets her act sorted (and how sweet of your mum). But you WILL start soon, even if she does postpone a week.

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb -10 stones loss

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
jo1 -19th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb -
Hi Thanks for adding me :thankyou: I got a bit muddled (normal for me) I start LL on the 17th not the 19th and i have 7 stones to lose x

You will be just fine Emma, you will not feel hungry on the diet, what you do is eat every 4 hours (pack) and you will be ok, you will also begin to understand that the hunger you mentioned above is most likely fake hunger or the body asking for water, if you feel that way after a pack then drink some water and it goes away.

If it helps we all felt this way when starting so don't worry you are not alone :)

thank you for the words of advice, i guess its just nearing and im finding may things to be worried about!!!!!! im not usually a worrier, but this will for a while at least take me away from my normal life!!!!!!

roll on wednesday i guess!!!

Em, sorry about th enews hun, my docs the same really, if i go with a sore throat its because im over weight!!!!!!! any excuse to make people look bad really i think!!

Emma i'm worried too
driving my OH to distraction - just had my last alcoholic drink, my 'last supper' my last frothy coffee etc etc
I'm so excited but worried too
arrrgghhh!
can't wait til the others get back from their meeting.

25 hours and 6 mins to go til mine!
daisy x

Popping in very briefly. Just had my last supper and I'll be heading off in about 10 minutes.

I'll probably be early but I'm about to go somewhere I've never been in a car I've never driven (my car has died and my Bro has quickly put me on his insurance, bless him).

I'll be back later :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Well I've been...and I'm back!

Feeling really positive and it was great to meet the other ladies in the group. My LLC seems great and we discussed how we were feeling and what we wanted to gain from this both short and long term. Although I feel less anxious now, I am obviously still worried that I won't like the shakes and soups etc and might feel hungry all the time once I start tomorrow but I am sure with a bit of trial and error I will be fine.

I actually felt a bit emotional on the drive home (although I was listening to Alexandra's "Halelujah" on the radio!) as it felt like I was leaving behind the old me and entering a new chapter in my life...I do have a tendancy to be a bit over emotional though!

So going for a "pop-in" on Thurs for a quick weigh in so looking forward to that.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else gets on :talk017: and will let you know how its going tomorrow.

xx

hi there
how many people are in your group? How long did the session last?
only 22 and a quarter hours for me now!
daisy x

Hi Daisy

Only 4 started tonight although there are a few still to join over the next 2 weeks which was quite nice as it didn't feel too overwhelming. The meeting lasted for 1 1/2 hours.

Good luck for tomorrow, its great getting over the first hurdle with the 2nd being our 1st proper day on the diet!

xx

Hi All,

Just reporting back on my first meeting.

There were more of us than I thought there would be, think there was 10 of us and 2 more joining us next week, nice bunch of girls.

All had to introduce ourselves, then went on to watch a video/dvd about the 1st week. We did a couple of activities then our counsellor answered our questions.

I feel really motivated and excited at the same time. I stopped off in my local Supermarket on the way home and bought sooooo much food, which I couldn't possibly eat in one night, but will give it a go LOL!

Really looking forward to tomorrow morning and having my banana shake.

Hope you all enjoyed your meetings and good luck to all you Tuesday starters.

Will be good to hear how everyone else got on tonight, just waiting for them all to get home - they are all probably tucking into their last meal and will be on shortly.

Louale x

I'm back too.

I thought I'd never get there though and even though I left in plenty of time darn Sat Nav took me to the wrong address! Had to phone and be "talked in" :8855:

The meeting was good. It was fantastic to meet Sharon, who I am grateful for because without her I wouldn't have known there was a local group.

There was 10 of us there tonight with another couple starting over the next couple of weeks. We were all a bit quiet to start with but all loosened up a bit as time passed.

I won't say much more coz I don't want to spoil anything for anyone :D

I have no idea how much I weigh yet though - she did it in kg and I'll need to convert it. God I'm so old lol :8855:

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else gets on :D:D:D

Will be good to hear how everyone else got on tonight, just waiting for them all to get home - they are all probably tucking into their last meal and will be on shortly.

Louale x

I had my meal before I went - it'll mean I'll lose more next week :8855:

Just tucked up in bed with a final glass of vino before starting in the morning :D

I'm excited and still a little daunted - but I have my packs and I'm ready to go! In hindsight I probably shouldn't have watched Masterchef tonight as I want to try the chicken with goats cheese that one of the contestants cooked but I'll have to be patient and try it in a few weeks time!

Hallelujah indeed Susianna! I was listening to a Seal CD on the way home "A change is gonna come".

Really great to meet Sarah (WG) and the rest of the group. We were all fairly quiet initially, but the activities loosened us up, and I think there are several I will get on well with. The meeting lasted an hour and a half and the LLC was good I thought. Pop in Thursday evening.

Sat here now with my first soup - tomato. It's fine really! I just chose 21 savoury packs and 7 chocolate for the evenings. I'm going to resist the bars until I need to add variety/chew because I'm wary about carbs.

Busy day, but I'll check in later to see how you're all doing!

Sharon x

PS, adjusted my ticker to match LLC's record - actually, I'm fine as it was more or less where I'd have thought considering it was evening, dressed and different scales. So I'll follow her weigh-in results from now on.
S.x

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to hear how the first couple of weeks go as I have to wait til the 17th before i start x

everyone sounds positive after the meeting!!!!!!!!! its all good ladies!

im cutting right back on food and am already dizzy and feeling yuk and ive not even started yet!LOL!!!!

hope all you today starters get on ok!!

Back