January 2009 - Starters

TotI - Good luck for tonight!

Are the savoury drinks nice? Do they taste like bovril?
I started yesterday and my LLC let me take a few bars for my first few days because of being at work. Does it normally take 3 days to go into ketosis then or will it be longer since I've had bars straight from the off?
Also, we weren't given any tests to do to see if we are in ketosis - did your LLC give them to you and tell you to do them each day or something?

Are the savoury drinks nice? Do they taste like bovril?
I started yesterday and my LLC let me take a few bars for my first few days because of being at work. Does it normally take 3 days to go into ketosis then or will it be longer since I've had bars straight from the off?
Also, we weren't given any tests to do to see if we are in ketosis - did your LLC give them to you and tell you to do them each day or something?

At your in your first meeting there's no point in testing for ketosis.

You test in each subsequent meeting (if that's what your LLC does). You can buy ketostix though, but if you stick to the programme then you shouldn't need to test yourself.

Thanks - I didnt have any idea when it should happen. I go for a drop in session on Saturday this week, so maybe I'll get to find out then.
I must say, my second day has been harder than my first. The food packs are ok - much nicer than I thought they'd be - but its not like the real thing is it. I have a bit of a headache too :sigh:

Thanks - I didnt have any idea when it should happen. I go for a drop in session on Saturday this week, so maybe I'll get to find out then.
I must say, my second day has been harder than my first. The food packs are ok - much nicer than I thought they'd be - but its not like the real thing is it. I have a bit of a headache too :sigh:

Just ask your LLC and they'll give you all the info you need :)

Just take tablets if you need to for your headache - I've had to do that today. Hope it passes soon xxx

hi guys
just had my first strawberry shake - a bit sweet for me -just been laughing at someone adding lots of sweetners to it, just shows how different our tastes are!

I've not been hungry, but had a wicked headache this afternoon. I came back from work to work at home, but went to bed and slept for 3 hours instead and it seems to have gone for now.

Hi to the newbies on the board, and good luck to those off to meetings.

well done on the 11lbs!!!!! loss - amazing

daisy x

Thank you! Its not so bad. I have just had the banana shake - i tried half hot and half cold and it was nice both ways. Has anyone tried mixing them with ice?
I just read a success story in an old magazine and it was a guy who lost 4 and a half stone in 2 months!!!!! He was quoted as saying "whats 8 weeks of your life when you've been overweight for 15yrs" and that gave me a bit of a boost.

Thank you! Its not so bad. I have just had the banana shake - i tried half hot and half cold and it was nice both ways. Has anyone tried mixing them with ice?
I just read a success story in an old magazine and it was a guy who lost 4 and a half stone in 2 months!!!!! He was quoted as saying "whats 8 weeks of your life when you've been overweight for 15yrs" and that gave me a bit of a boost.

I can identify with that as I've done over 7 in 4 months and been overweight for as long as I can remember. 4 Months is nothing in reality.

and I have my shakes with ice all the time. I'm sipping an ice chocolate with coffee as I type!

Wow squillions of posts since this morning! I need to come back in a bit to comment.

Just been to my pop-in (end of Day 3) and I have lost an incredible
(da da da da da da da -fanfare!) 5.5lbs! And yeah, I know, water/glycogen/whatever but WOW!

I love this programme!

Well done everyone

You are on your weigh !!!!#
Sorry for the poor pun:cool:

Wow thats amazing Guy and you only have a few pounds to go!!! Do you feel totally different?
Will try iced shakes tomorrow I think. So far I have to say the veg soup is by far my favourite (though I've only tried vanilla, banana choc and the soup so far)

:wavey: Hi all,

I am going to be starting LL next week. My daughter is already on here (sexybecks), infact it is her typing this now. (Hello everyone!!)

I want to loose about 6 stone and i have already made a head start as i have been really ill :9529: Finally gone back to work today and am now eating.

I can't wait to start next week as I really need to loose the weight before I get too old!! :cry:

Looking forward to becoming a regular member on here for all the inspiration.

From Sue x

:wavey: Hi all,

I am going to be starting LL next week. My daughter is already on here (sexybecks), infact it is her typing this now. (Hello everyone!!)

I want to loose about 6 stone and i have already made a head start as i have been really ill :9529: Finally gone back to work today and am now eating.

I can't wait to start next week as I really need to loose the weight before I get too old!! :cry:

Looking forward to becoming a regular member on here for all the inspiration.

From Sue x

Hi Sue

Welcome and hope you feel better soon. It'll be great for you and Becks to support each other and I think you're fab for offering your place to her because you were ill.

Good luck for next week and keep posting.

PS Hiya Becks :D

Wow squillions of posts since this morning! I need to come back in a bit to comment.

Just been to my pop-in (end of Day 3) and I have lost an incredible
(da da da da da da da -fanfare!) 5.5lbs! And yeah, I know, water/glycogen/whatever but WOW!

I love this programme!

Well done Sharon. Sorry I didn't make it but I didn't get home until just before 6pm and it's then a 30 minute drive.

Bet you can't wait for your proper full week weigh in now - I certainly can't :D

Woohoo first meeting done and I weigh less than I thought already ;D

The ladies in my group are a mix of new starters and restarters so we have some experience to draw upon to help us along which I think will be a benefit.

So I'm all armed with my packs and have bought some water flavourings for when I need a bit a variety

Now lets get a tracker going....

Last edited:
Good for you

Well done already - you are ahead of the game. Have a good week.
Have you got a drop in before next WI?

Hi everyone im starting LL on the 19th January and would really like to set up a little blog like you guys have but i donthave aclue how to do it?? can anyone helpxxx

Well done Sharon - that's really great! Just make sure you capture that feeling and lock it inside for those tough times! (Ha, I sound like Paul McKenna)

Can you all believe we're actually doing this now? Walking through Tesco earlier - no, not buying food, just getting my gold spot spray and about 12 trashy magazines to read while I had my bath! Pamper for the first day - and I suddenly smacked my OH on the shoulder and shouted "I'M ACTUALLY DOING IT". Don't ask why it hit me then and there but my lord it was a crazy feeling.

Had a choc moose...oh lord its so so scrummy..so I know I really like at least two flavours, and can get down another too...going good so far.

Plus - I like black tea! Who would have thought. Oh, mental note - on the sweetener front - can we have splendid tablets? I'm in a paranoid mood with what we can/can't have.
I cannot wait to share this journey with all of you. As I said before if any of you would like my email address, or msn or whatever, then I am more than happy to give to you - to me you lot are going to be invaluable and I want to make sure I help you all as much as possible.

Right..I'm going to go read more trashy mags in bed. My - I'm really hyped up.

Oh last thing.. I KNOW there is no way I'm in ketosis yet - but I never thought I would be happy to hear my OH say "COR, you're breath stinks - its like warm morning breath". It must be the shakes...but I can pretend I'm getting there!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello as I’ve come back from my first mtg tonight so am now officially a January starter!! It was a bit of a last minute decision & thankfully there was space available for me. Everything has been a bit of a rush but I can’t tell you how relieved I am to be actually starting.

Good luck to everyone & I look forward to chatting to you all soon x

Back