January 2009 - Starters

emveg,
i'm at the end of day 2 and my breath doesn't smell yet - never thought i'd be upset about that, lol!
just had a hot chocolate - was ok, didn't like it at first, but by the end its not too bad.
How did you make your mousse?
daisy x

Fantastic SIIM...guess what.... I went for my day 3 pop in tonight too and I am in ketosis and have lost 5lb so like you am over the moon and can't wait till my Monday meeting for official 1 week weigh in.:D

:D Hi
I am feeling a bit better but not 100% but needed to get back to work for human conversation:blahblah:. Can't start LL till 14th as all other peoples forms were not returned but I was not well enough anyway (lost 8lbs this week).
Told Becky she could have had my slot as she really wanted to make a start. She has set me up with this forum & even done me a diary. It will be good to start in the same week as we can give each other lots of support .
Looking forward to starting but the amount of water got to drink is mind blowing as I don't usually do water. So I am starting to drink a few cups at work before I start to get used to it.
Only thing I think about is (what if I don't like the flavours) as I am a bit faddy :confused:
Anyway now I have found this forum I will be on alot.
Heres to next Weds . The start og 6stone loss
Luv Sue

Well done Susianna! That really is amazing! :D

DaisyDoll - made the moose by putting 3-5 tablespoons of water in with shake and mix with hand blender. It was very sticky and hard to mix..but in the end I was licking it out of the bowl! Very scrum.

And as I said in my diary thread... there is no way I am in ketosis already, and I think its the shakes and the fact that I warned OH it may happen. OR I always had the smelly breath and he just thought he would mention it now there is an excuse!

Sue - it was a lovely gesture by you, and I'm sure you'll be fighting fit in time for next week!

will try that tomorrow, sounds nice x

susianna - thats a fab loss - well done!

hi sue p - i was worried about the flavours, just grinning and bearing them!
daisy x

I'm getting on alright with the foodpacks and I don't feel hungry - but I'm getting killer headaches :-( Is anyone else getting these? I'm hoping they will pass soon as paracetamol hasn't helped.

Hey hey ladies
WOW we're all still doing it.one day at a time. i was quiet yesterday but this wheel didnt fall of the wagon, just had a bad bad headache..i know not enough water...had more today, not feeling hungry but did end up having 5 packs today..comfort hot choc? figured better than eating something REAL choccy?
Day 4 tomorrow and my best restart ever...
wow!
Keepgoing girls, 09 will be THE SLIM year for all of us!
x

Started on Tuesday evening. Killer headache last night and today ... slept most of today ... called in sick with flu like symptoms ... well, wasn't exacty a lie!

Headache has now passed, feeling on top of the world and raring to go at 2.30am ... party anyone?!

Hi everyone im starting LL on the 19th January and would really like to set up a little blog like you guys have but i donthave aclue how to do it?? can anyone helpxxx

Hi Juliewulie

How do you want to do your blog, you have a few options. You can set one up on a proper blog site like Blogspot, you can set up a proper blog on here - you'll find that by going to control panel and the bar on the left has a blog option. Alternatively you can just start a new thread and make it your diary. You could do that in the LL forum or use one of the diary sections - I use Members Only Diarys section because it's a little more secure.

If you need more help, let me know xxx

hi cream crackered
welcome to the board
hope you managed to get some sleep!!
I started wenesday - slept like a baby last night i was soooo tired - just about to go to work, had massive headache yesterday so i'm hoping that it doesn't come back!
hope today goes well
daisy x

Woohoo first meeting done and I weigh less than I thought already ;D

The ladies in my group are a mix of new starters and restarters so we have some experience to draw upon to help us along which I think will be a benefit.

So I'm all armed with my packs and have bought some water flavourings for when I need a bit a variety

Now lets get a tracker going....

Glad you had a good meeting. Have a good first day today and shout if you need anything - hopefully you won't feel ill this time, but if you do, we'll be here to help you through x

Can you all believe we're actually doing this now? Walking through Tesco earlier - no, not buying food, just getting my gold spot spray and about 12 trashy magazines to read while I had my bath! Pamper for the first day - and I suddenly smacked my OH on the shoulder and shouted "I'M ACTUALLY DOING IT". Don't ask why it hit me then and there but my lord it was a crazy feeling.

That made me smile - you ARE doing it - you WILL do it. Once you're in the swing it just becomes second nature :D

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick hello as I’ve come back from my first mtg tonight so am now officially a January starter!! It was a bit of a last minute decision & thankfully there was space available for me. Everything has been a bit of a rush but I can’t tell you how relieved I am to be actually starting.

Good luck to everyone & I look forward to chatting to you all soon x

Welcome and good luck Menlopark - keep posting - we're all in this together :D

Fantastic SIIM...guess what.... I went for my day 3 pop in tonight too and I am in ketosis and have lost 5lb so like you am over the moon and can't wait till my Monday meeting for official 1 week weigh in.:D

That's fantastic Susianna. Well done :clap:

I'm getting on alright with the foodpacks and I don't feel hungry - but I'm getting killer headaches :-( Is anyone else getting these? I'm hoping they will pass soon as paracetamol hasn't helped.

I've had killer headaches for the last day and a half. I'm hoping they stop today (day 4) because they are really annoying me :mad:

Started on Tuesday evening. Killer headache last night and today ... slept most of today ... called in sick with flu like symptoms ... well, wasn't exacty a lie!

Headache has now passed, feeling on top of the world and raring to go at 2.30am ... party anyone?!

I was awake until 1am, so almost as late and would have gladly joined you in a party, sparkling water anyone :8855:

morning!!!!!! ended up in bed at 8pm last night, i had a upset tummy all arvo and was shattered, at least im getting a good clear out before my weigh in hey!LOL!!!!!!!

only managed 3 meals yesterday, the veg soup has a very funny taste but got it down!!!!! had a bannana this morning and it was nice, so thats progress cos so far it the only one i had without gagging!!!!!!!!
have a killer headache today, have taken pain relief but so far had no relief from it at all!!!!!!!!!!
dont feel hungry as such, just empty!!!

oh well heres to getting through day 2!!!

morning!!!!!! ended up in bed at 8pm last night, i had a upset tummy all arvo and was shattered, at least im getting a good clear out before my weigh in hey!LOL!!!!!!!

only managed 3 meals yesterday, the veg soup has a very funny taste but got it down!!!!! had a bannana this morning and it was nice, so thats progress cos so far it the only one i had without gagging!!!!!!!!
have a killer headache today, have taken pain relief but so far had no relief from it at all!!!!!!!!!!
dont feel hungry as such, just empty!!!

oh well heres to getting through day 2!!!

The headache is carb withdrawal it will pass.

Make sure you do eat though, you are getting 500 cal a day with 4 packs, 3 is not ideal and you miss out on the nutrients, even if you have to have them literally one after the other get them down.

Also dont fall in the trap of thining if i skip one i loose more, you wont

Just to add on here, if you are taking paracetamol dont be alarmed if you dont drop as much as you expected, paracetamol retains water in your system. When you stop taking it you will see a big drop in weight :)

I know as I was shocked when i weighed myself one week lol

Thai chilli soup down - and another I absolutelt love!

I too love thai chill its my most favourite out of them all!! I even use a teaspoon to scoop out the wee chewie bits left in the cup~~HOW SAD AM I?

I hated the Thai Chilli when I started but it's one of my fav now. I don't blend my soups anymore cos I tried them once without blending and I didn't even realise they had 'bits' in em. I'd been 'bitless' for about a month! lol

Back