January 2009 - Starters

The chewey bits are soya, I thought that is how it should be.. or I have missed the point lol I like the chewy bits :rolleyes:
....and there was me not even knowing that the "chewy bits" existed! Will stop blending and start stiring instead!

The chewey bits are soya, I thought that is how it should be.. or I have missed the point lol I like the chewy bits :rolleyes:

Nah, not missed the point I was just commenting that even when I blend I don't get rid of the chewy bits (I like them too) but Guy obviously has had his soups so blended he's blitzed the bits out of them.

Just amazed by such a good blender (I have a bit of a blender obsession :eek::rolleyes:)

I have a funny metallic taste in my mouth - a bit like when I was pregnant. Is this normal?
daisy x
ps def not pregnant!

ooo i hope so!
thought my breath was supposed to smell tho?
My teeth feel so lovely and clean, much more so than normal (not that usually feel bad, but they feel super clean at the moment. Guess its from eating nothing chewy and no tea/coffee!)
daisy x

im so hungry!!! roll on ketosis! the shakes are doing nothing at all for me, i had choc for lunch and wasnt impressed!!!! i think when i can have bars and make crips etc ill feel better!!!

have my drop in tomorrow so will hopefully see how im doing, at the moment i feel huge, my tummy is all bloated and yuk!!!!!

im so hungry!!! roll on ketosis! the shakes are doing nothing at all for me, i had choc for lunch and wasnt impressed!!!! i think when i can have bars and make crips etc ill feel better!!!

have my drop in tomorrow so will hopefully see how im doing, at the moment i feel huge, my tummy is all bloated and yuk!!!!!

Don't worry, it won't be long till you feel "empty".

Just think of the shakes as a means to an end and believe me, soon enough you become used to them and they're not that bad.

Remember officially your are not meant to "cook" packs and if you do then you should only do a maximum of one per day.

yummmmmm!!!
just had a vanilla shake by accident, thought it was banana.

i was going to take them back after the disaster i had on day 1, thought they were disgusting.

i had it with crushed ice which was nice - and then added a shot of espresso - which was gorgeous!!!

so glad i didn't exchange them.

Ive only got 2 more to try now - the thai chilli which i'm really looking forward to, and the tomato which i'm not.

I'm getting excited about the stop in tomorrow - i wonder how much i've lost????!
daisy x

Fantastic SIIM...guess what.... I went for my day 3 pop in tonight too and I am in ketosis and have lost 5lb so like you am over the moon and can't wait till my Monday meeting for official 1 week weigh in.:D
Brilliant susianna!!!- it's a great feeling, isn't it?:)

Brilliant susianna!!!- it's a great feeling, isn't it?:)
Well in therory it should be a great feeling and felt great about it last night but feeling really down today...which is really unlike me. My head's all over the place...not sure if this is normal :confused: or not but I feel like I am in limbo whilst the world is carrying on around me and my life is just revolving around soups and shakes and feeling empty. My hubby and 2 children are obviously carrying on as normal which I would expect them to do and I don't know if its because we aren't eating together like we used to do but I feel like i'm on the outside watching them getting on with their lives whilst mine has stopped. I work from home too so that's not helping as i'm feeling isolated too.

As I said, this is so not like me....perhaps i'm just tired...not sure...and having lost 5lb in 3 days you would think I would be on top of the world today and I feel guilty as I should do....but I don't...sorry for the negative rambling but is anyone else feeling like this???

Well in therory it should be a great feeling and felt great about it last night but feeling really down today...which is really unlike me. My head's all over the place...not sure if this is normal :confused: or not but I feel like I am in limbo whilst the world is carrying on around me and my life is just revolving around soups and shakes and feeling empty. My hubby and 2 children are obviously carrying on as normal which I would expect them to do and I don't know if its because we aren't eating together like we used to do but I feel like i'm on the outside watching them getting on with their lives whilst mine has stopped. I work from home too so that's not helping as i'm feeling isolated too.

As I said, this is so not like me....perhaps i'm just tired...not sure...and having lost 5lb in 3 days you would think I would be on top of the world today and I feel guilty as I should do....but I don't...sorry for the negative rambling but is anyone else feeling like this???

I think it's entirely normal. I felt like my life was on hold for 6 months the first time round. It was like I was just existing. I felt isolated and, though I shouldn't have, a little bitter towards thoser "normal" people. But I realise now that it was self imposed isolation - mostly in my head.

I had a rerun of those feelings yesterday (day 3) and just felt out of sorts. I even wrote on my diary that I was feeling really impatient whilst I waited for "my fantastic life" to start.

Just remember that this is just a short term solution for what has been (for me anyway) a long term weight problem.

Just take it day by day and think positively about how good you'll feel when you get to the end of this journey :)

I dont watch much TV generally so dont have Sky, Ive been watching to distract myself but food keeps appearing, its not that Im hungry or even particulary want food I just feel a need to chew.

Hmm I could crunch on ice cubes :D

Sorry

Sorry youare feeling like that ladies. I have to say that I didn't feel left out or isolated during abstinence.I hope that'll happen to you when you are properly in your stride and in ketosis.
i made the decision at the start that I would still sit down for dinner every evening with the family even though I wasn't eating. My place was always laid at the table with a jug of water and a nice glass, spoon for stirring my hot thai chilli, black pepper and habanero tabasco and then followed that with black coffee.
I made it all last so I was occupied all the time and we discussed our day as usual.
A couple of weeks after I started we had a murder mystery dinner party and I cooked for 12 and laid myself a place the same as everyone else. Only a couple of people noticed I didn't eat and no-one remarked on it. At that stage I hadn't told many people about LL.
I vowed that I wouldn't put my life on hold for months and feel deprived so I went to parties, a wedding, residential training courses in posh hotels, out to dinner with friends, had barbecues, entertained at home etc.As the weight started to drop off and I felt better and looked better and had loads more energy the motivation was easy.
I did it like that because I wanted to prepare myself for the rest of my life, not just go on a diet to lose the weight and then go back to my old ways.
I hope it'll work and I hope you find the way that works best for you.
Good luck. xxx
I hope you find a way that works for you.

I think it's entirely normal. I felt like my life was on hold for 6 months the first time round. It was like I was just existing. I felt isolated and, though I shouldn't have, a little bitter towards thoser "normal" people. But I realise now that it was self imposed isolation - mostly in my head.

I had a rerun of those feelings yesterday (day 3) and just felt out of sorts. I even wrote on my diary that I was feeling really impatient whilst I waited for "my fantastic life" to start.

Just remember that this is just a short term solution for what has been (for me anyway) a long term weight problem.

Just take it day by day and think positively about how good you'll feel when you get to the end of this journey :)
Thanks WG....that's exactly how I feel, like i'm existing rather than living but you are so right with the self imposed isolation and that has made me realise that I need to get out and about and try and be more "normal" and not make the next shake the only thing I think about.....and i'm sure as time goes on it will become "normal".

.....and yes if its not food adverts, its "come dine with me" or "Masterchef" :)

I agree SB. I haven't started yet but I am going to try and keep to my normal life as possible. In fact we have decided that we are going to go somewhere for a walk every sunday morning, either the local park or somewhere further afield. He really likes walking and so do I but at my weight sometimes I just can't be bothered.

Well done to all of you that have already started, I am sure that you are all doing fine. What fantastic weight losses we are seeing so far, congratulations to all.

Just four more days to go. Going to start eating healthy now and cutting down on the carbs.

Keep up the good work guys x x

Sorry youare feeling like that ladies. I have to say that I didn't feel left out or isolated during abstinence.I hope that'll happen to you when you are properly in your stride and in ketosis.
i made the decision at the start that I would still sit down for dinner every evening with the family even though I wasn't eating. My place was always laid at the table with a jug of water and a nice glass, spoon for stirring my hot thai chilli, black pepper and habanero tabasco and then followed that with black coffee.
I made it all last so I was occupied all the time and we discussed our day as usual.
A couple of weeks after I started we had a murder mystery dinner party and I cooked for 12 and laid myself a place the same as everyone else. Only a couple of people noticed I didn't eat and no-one remarked on it. At that stage I hadn't told many people about LL.
I vowed that I wouldn't put my life on hold for months and feel deprived so I went to parties, a wedding, residential training courses in posh hotels, out to dinner with friends, had barbecues, entertained at home etc.As the weight started to drop off and I felt better and looked better and had loads more energy the motivation was easy.
I did it like that because I wanted to prepare myself for the rest of my life, not just go on a diet to lose the weight and then go back to my old ways.
I hope it'll work and I hope you find the way that works best for you.
Good luck. xxx
I hope you find a way that works for you.

Much respect SB, you did really well. I was in a funny period of my life when I did LL and my isolation was also a by product of that I guess. I am single and live (sort of) alone so meal times are no biggie to me anyway. As for the rest of it, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to deal with things this time.

Back