January 2009 - Starters

Just want to re-iterate WG above comments.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I still have a high in me that I've actually started this, but y'day was a day full of doubtful wobbles.

The fact you got through a day like yesterday shows a lot Emma. Keep at it, and we're all here for you.

The good, the bad and the ugly

Believe me, not everyone is flying - I had a tough day yesterday. Day 5 and I was starving all day. I doubted myself every minute, but I got to the end and in bed last night I mentally ticked the day off and was eager to start day 6.

I know I'll have more days like this as the journey goes along, and I have no doubt that everyone else will suffer challenges along the way too. But that's the point of this forum - to support each other.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:
:hug99::hug99::hug99:
Absolutely! Last night was the nearest Ive come so far to lapsing, really starving hunger pangs (maybe psychological but it felt very real), not helped again by teenagers constantly scoffing and demanding more pizza and onion rings.
At about 1am I considered having an extra shake (after all, technically it was a new day!) but braved it out.

So no, it's not all plain sailing. For me, my positive posts are because I cannot give up this time, I don't want to die of obesity, and tbh I expected to feel ten times worse and to hate the shakes. We're all going to hit our personal walls at some point; all we can do is be there for each other.

For everyone who has started this month and is finding it hard - just hang in there - it DOES get easier. You'lll still have hard days but you won't have them every week, and you'll find them easier to get through.

The first few days are very hard - so concentrate on WHY you're doing this. Do that in the knowledge that everyone who sticks to the programme, loses weight. Focus on what you'll gain (and what you'll stop gaining ;) ).

You're all in the same boat and we've all been through it - so everyone understands and because of that you can believe us when we tell you, you WILL succeed if you hold on tight.

Good luck, everyone.

Emma - Stick in there, each day is a day closer to walking into your favourite clothes shop and just picking something up and knowing it's going to look AMAZING on you!

Coming to the end of week 1, and will get weighed tomorrow.
Very busy day for me tomorrow, my little boys starts his first day at 'big school', then I'm off for my second meeting. Really looking forward to seeing how much we've all lost. Excited about getting started with the COG therapy and to see who turns up from my group - hopefully everyone LOL!

Good luck to you all and please do come on tomorrow and post your losses, I'd love to see how we've all got on in our first week.

Good luck to those about to start and to those still waiting to start - hang in there, not long to go now.

Louale x

yeah im having about 4L of water, im just finding it really hard! feel a bit of a let down really because everyone seems to be flying high on it, im not going to give up, i need to do this but i cant promise anyone that i wont be a grumpy old cow in the meantime!

walking into frankie and bennys yesterday was one of the hardest things ive ever had to do, im praying that the cravings will stop soon. i spoke to my LLC yest and she said no one will stop me eating and no one will tell me off if i do, but what will feel better in my head, a loss of 7lb in 2 days or a slice of pizza in my tummy??? thats the only thing that kept me goign yesterday!!!

You dont have to drink that much anymore they have relaxed it. they now say 1.5 - 2L a day, its in the hand book where they write down your weight loss and they say drink only until you are comfortable and satisfied

What do I drink on the LighterLife Programme?

On here people drink more water to loose more but apparently it does not matter anymore.

I would love to see somebody some on here and tell if it matters drinking less.

Just been shopping to Asda with my Bro. My list consisted of bouillion, coffee, water, handwash and washing powder, but I still had to trawl the aisles with him for his food shopping.

I wasn't bothered a jot, because I knew what I am doing is more important than drooling over all the food on display.

Just back and I'm having a chicken soup and I've got 2 large coffees and 2 large glasses of hot water.

The sofa and the footy beckons lol.

oh yeah the match you just reminded me lol.

Don't mention ASDA please i went in there and they have a new Mediterranean counter, i did ask politely before i started licking the glass lol

oh yeah the match you just reminded me lol.

Don't mention ASDA please i went in there and they have a new Mediterranean counter, i did ask politely before i started licking the glass lol

:8855:

Now that I would like to have seen. Did you tell the security guards you were cleaning it ;)

Glad I could help with the footy reminder - any match you're particularly interested in?

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for a number of weeks now with great interest and decided it is time to bite the bullet and add myself to the list of January starters. I was meant to be starting tomorrow (12th) but it has now been put back to the 19th as waiting for everyone's forms to come in, was really gutted as had built myself up for starting on Monday but it is only one more week!!

You are all doing amazingly well judging by your drop in losses etc and it really helps to hear from all of you that have already started.

Bring on the 19th :)

Louale
- 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 stones loss

Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb -10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose
Nicnoodles - 19th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose

welcome nicnoodles
shame you've got to wait longer than you thought. I had to wait 6 weeks, nearly drove me crazy,lol!
daisy x

Welcome Nicnoodles. Glad you have your start date, even if it is a little later than you thought. Enjoy the next week and just prepare yourself for what is about to happen!

WG Huseyin - glad you mention supermarket. While OH was in electronics/cd etc section I spent about 10-15 minutes just wandering around the aisles. Didn't really want anything - but it made me feel normal.

Well...that was before I stood at the chicken counter smelling away!

When you are typing your message click the "Go Advanced" button.. you have text options in there.

Welcome to the board! Definately good to see you jump right in! Where abouts are you?

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb -10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose

I'm in London. What about you?

Back