January 2009 - Starters

WG - Oh, I CANNOT wait to to try my first bar. I may hate it but I'm going to savour the chew.

Thinking I may dunk it in my tea tomorrow lunchtime!

PurpleButterfly - I'm in Herts, so around 30 miles north of London. Stevenage area.

Just had my lunch soup as I've been out today - does anyone else find they are feeling full up with these now? Before I was drinking the shakes and eating the soups and still wanting something after.... now I'm lucky if I get 2 thirds through before starting to feel full up!

I don't think I've been full up in years!

cranberry and peanut bar is the best, trust me :)

They should let you sample them before you buy so try them all

:8855:

Now that I would like to have seen. Did you tell the security guards you were cleaning it ;)

Glad I could help with the footy reminder - any match you're particularly interested in?

Yes as two guards dragged me out the door by the arms that's exactly what i told them.

Just watching the Man u Chelsea game now.

Welcome Nicnoodles. Glad you have your start date, even if it is a little later than you thought. Enjoy the next week and just prepare yourself for what is about to happen!

WG Huseyin - glad you mention supermarket. While OH was in electronics/cd etc section I spent about 10-15 minutes just wandering around the aisles. Didn't really want anything - but it made me feel normal.

Well...that was before I stood at the chicken counter smelling away!

Eventually you really don't get phased, you even take joy watching others eat, how crazy is that :eek:

I liked the peanut bar because that was soft and chewy - bit like a tracker bar. The cranberry is just too hard - the flavour is nice though :rolleyes:

My absolute favourite is the lemon though, dipped in hot coffee - yum.

I used to love the old nut bar, but they took getting used to because they were a bit like cardboard :p

I can't wait to try the bars. Its just one a day of these, is that right?
daisy x

Lemon you say westie, will try that in coffee :)

Cranberry is hard your right, i just like something i can take small bites out of and enjoy it for 10 minutes chewing slowly.

You know some people actually put salt on the peanut bar and eat it, apparently its quite nice but i have not tried it yet i have a sweet tooth you see :)

Will be back later the game is about to restart

Hope they didn't leave bruises!

I've got the match on too and so far I'm not happy :mad:. For me a draw is the ideal result!

well they did rough me up outside and say that's what you get liquid boy, so they hurt me :break_diet:

Who do you support? im an arsenal fan so a draw is good for me also

Yummy just tried a chocolate and vanilla pack mixed. Half as a Muffin and half as custard, was delicious can see me having that alot. My muffin texture still needs some work tho Lol

Lemon you say westie, will try that in coffee :)

Cranberry is hard your right, i just like something i can take small bites out of and enjoy it for 10 minutes chewing slowly.

You know some people actually put salt on the peanut bar and eat it, apparently its quite nice but i have not tried it yet i have a sweet tooth you see :)

Will be back later the game is about to restart

Yep lemon in coffee, tis lovely.

I used to put salt on the old nut style bar - made it like salted peanuts. Can't see it on the new type - it's a bit too sweet for that I would have thought!

Yummy just tried a chocolate and vanilla pack mixed. Half as a Muffin and half as custard, was delicious can see me having that alot. My muffin texture still needs some work tho Lol

The right consistency does come with practise and you'll make them instinctively with the right amount of water very soon :)

Hmmm... very tempted by this muffin idea. Although I'm happy with my icey choc for pudding at the moment!

No bars for me

Our LLC gave us a taste of each of the bars at the beginning. Too sweet for me.
The peanut one was the best, but i decided to stick to soups and shakes
-very boring - I didn't even make mousse or crisps etc because I just saw the drinks as a means to an end, not a substitute for food, so I didn't try to make them better, just downed them.
So, this first week on RTM has been hard and weird.

exactly what i have been doing, just drinking them and not worrying about biscuits

But villa with a teaspoon of coffee and crushed ice was sooo good

well its almost time for bed, well a few hours to go and it will be, i have to admit to crying like a baby when all the food was being cooked for the party, ive never cried at being so hungry and desparate for food before! ive got through with just my 3 packs so far, i dont feel quite as hungry as i did this morning but emotionally i feel drained!!! and the foul taste in my mouth is awfull!!!!

i have to drive to the LL office tomorrow, i have lots of soups i have to change, i cant stand them.
i guess i just need to get through this week and hopefully i wil feel better next week!!

Dont worry emma

we all have those days, look at the positive things that came out of this situation, you resisted the food, you could have buckled and given in but didnt, that says something about your strong will power.

As for soups, only a few like em, try vanilla, banana and chocolate shakes they are very nice

well its almost time for bed, well a few hours to go and it will be, i have to admit to crying like a baby when all the food was being cooked for the party, ive never cried at being so hungry and desparate for food before! ive got through with just my 3 packs so far, i dont feel quite as hungry as i did this morning but emotionally i feel drained!!! and the foul taste in my mouth is awfull!!!!

i have to drive to the LL office tomorrow, i have lots of soups i have to change, i cant stand them.
i guess i just need to get through this week and hopefully i wil feel better next week!!

Well done Emma, you have shown fantastic willpower and strength. You must feel so proud of yourself, and if you don't, you should.

This is definately an emotional journey though.

At least at next weeks meeting you'll know which packs you do and don't like and will be able to just choice the ones you do.

Remember though that you might find your tastes change, so don't dismiss trying them in the future :)

Back