January 2009 - Starters

Just thought I would post a link to a thread I started a while back showing what your losses equate too... it's quite funny...:
http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/65704-what-have-you-lost-check-here-very-funny.html

At the moment I'm 66lbs down - which is either 'all the fats and oils and average american consumes in a year' or - wait for it... the equivalent of a 2 year old child PLUS a human head PLUS a car tyre PLUS a bald eagle PLUS a guinea pig!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!

Also worth noting that you lot in the 8lb club (includes my mum, who is on here - max2301 - but isn't posting, just hovering!)... have all officially been beheaded as you have lost the weight of a human head!!

Check out the list! Enjoy!! xx

Just on a general note - I am so proud of all of you... there are a couple of poorly peeps on here, a few strugglers etc... but you are all sticking to it, which is brilliant!! It really is worth the tough times you may go through in the first week... and it 'really' does fly by when you look back over Foundation, so keep your head down, you can do it - promise!

Hugs to all of you - sorry I've been a bit quiet (rubbish Honorary Jan Starter that I am)... but am forever reading through posts, so if you have any questions for me, just mark for my attention and I will reply.

Oh - Sue_P (I think that's your name)... ref IBS?? I had it really badly - also tied in with serious anxiety problems... and yes, it does sort itself out on the diet. I had a few repeat episodes during my lapses, but while on abstinance you shouldn't have any issues - and then during RTM you will have the opportunity to really study what you eat, what irritates things and what doesn't... very enlightening - can't wait for that bit. I am pretty sure already that wheat and grease are 'no-no's, but only time will tell!

Byeeeee xxxx

PS. I know I go on like a broken record, but can you all have a click on my Big Bro audition tape (link in signature)... my old vid has about 3500 views, but the one I want them to see has bugger all in comparison so want to get the 'views' up :) Thanks!! xx

Congratulations to everyone on their amazing losses.

hi
just had a chicken soup - was surprisingly nice.

does it taste anything like chicken?

i can't remember what chicken tastes like as i haven't eaten any meat for 22 years, i'm sure it didn't taste like that, lol!

daisy x

Becky, that show of will power was superb!!! :clap: I hardly know you but I'm soooo proud of you:hug99:

Great link Anna :D

Daisy, the chicken is the one I can't stomach!! It's really icky :jelous:

Keep losing all!

The chicken doesn't taste like chicken - it tastes like Heinz (other manufacturers are available) chicken soup circa 1970s!

First week results are in

Wooo I lost 9Lb :D

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 7lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.5lb -10 stones to lose

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 1 -8.5lb - 2st 5.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to loose

Well done everyone.

Looks like you are doing great. It gets easier from now.
TRUST ME XX
Huseyin - like the new picture, weather must be warmer, no woolly hat.

We had a little lesson on how to make crips today from both the soup packs and the banana one.

Im not fond of the savoury but banana was ok and will make the nice occasional change from custard :D

Im actually looking forward to week two now (taking it week at a time)

9lbs is brilliant!
well done!!!
daisy x

Hi everyone - didn't you all do well??? (blimey I didnt know one of the side effects was turning into Bruce Forsythe!!!):8855:

Sorry I havent posted for a few days but I have been too busy. I went for my weigh in Tuesday night and I'd lost 8 1/2 pounds!!! WOOHOO!!!!:D:D:D

nice one jazzy b!!!
well done
daisy x

:)
Hi all.
Finally had my first meeting last night. It was amazing . It was like a social night out (we never stopped laughing):8855:I had to ask if I could have my photo taken first as we had already been in the meeting for 2 hours & Becky had been waiting outside for over 1/2 as her meeting was only 2.5 hrs . I think it is going to be great as everyone was absolutely was so funny.
Started on my packs today. Choc Shake for brekkie,Veg soup for lunch ,Mushroom soup for tea & am waiting for hubby to get in from work so that I can have another shake. I am pleasantly surprised that I have liked them all .(hope I like all the other flavours. Also bought Orange flavouring but as yet have not used it as saving it till I get fed up with plain water .
Thanks for the messages re IBS.
Becking & I are both doing pop in on Saturday so hope we both have good losses as I feel I am drowning.:D
Sue

your meeting sounds great fun!
that will really keep you focussed and on task looking forward to seeing them all again.

good luck with your first week
daisy x

Great that you enjoyed your first meeting, Sue - it'll make it so much easier.

My second day has been alright, I was pretty busy today and didn't eat all my packs (norty me) but on the hunger side it's much better, I'm just mildly hungry not ravenously (I used to go on a sort of eating stampede when I got ravenous, so it was nice to ride it out and know I could get through it!).

And I'm pleased that I like the tomato soup and the vegetable soup, normally I don't like those flavour cuppa soups but these are quite nice! So I'm feeling pretty good today and just hoping for a nice weight loss on saturday (though I'll only have been on it for 3 full days)
Day one - CHECK!
Day 2 - CHECK!
Yay! first days are the worst right?!

Hey All,

Wow, great losses today girls!

Sue - Your meeting really sounded like fun! You sound so enthusiatic and I'm sure both you and Becky will be a great support to each other.

Well done to the starters and those on their first week, I'm only on my second week, but it is true what the experts say - It does get easier!

My update - I'm on day 10 and feeling quite positive about this. Made the moose this evening, didn't look like chocolate moose but was really quite nice and was something different.

Might start trying new things out with my packs at the weekend, going to go and have a look at that sticky thread now to get some ideas.

Hope you all have a good Friday.

Louale x

Great loss JazzyB!

Glad you had a good meeting SueP

PB - yeah, one day at a time...

I'm still poorly but in a better mood than I have been. I actually feel a bit thinner today, so looking forward to WI on Monday.

Have a good weekend everybody!
S.x

im with you hun, im so hungry as well, infact i dont think ive stopped feeling hungry since i started on LL 9 days ago!!

its tough but we just have to get through it, tomorrow we will be able to say we got through a hard day and feel proud of ourselves, i was just reading in my book that the food thing sometimes doesnt go away untill about week 3/4.

friday and sat i would normally spend with takeaway a movie and wine so its esp the hardest time of the week for me.

keep going your doing fab x

I ma feeling hungry last 2 days.
Its worse today.
I have been really good so far but craving for proper food today.
Please help!!
sukhi

I ma feeling hungry last 2 days.
Its worse today.
I have been really good so far but craving for proper food today.
Please help!!
sukhi
I know what you mean, sansukh. All you can do is remember why you're on LL (and how you got to need LL). You've done brilliantly with great losses, keep going!

Back