January 2009 - Starters

14 hours to go b4 i can start LL yay! have been doing v low carbs for 2 days so hope that helps :D
I'm sure you've helped the initial withdrawal loads by low-carbing - well done!
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

*wanders back in to thread*

Glad those new starters are getting on pretty well. Keep it up.

I get what you mean sansukh - I haven't been very hungry for about a week now - but really craving food. Although I challenged myself today to cook dinner for the family, as one of my problems is eating basically a portions worth while cooking. It smelled lovely - and I really craved it - but I did no more than take hearty sniffs. I could control my hands. Amazing.

And..on to my TRIUMPH of the week.

I got through the awards dinner. I didn't tell colleagues the real reason why, but still had a good time. Its personal and I don't want to tell them right now, so I don't have to.

I sat through a 3 course meal that smelts lovely and was more than happy to sit there and not eat it. Helped that the people either side of me halved it out after they had eaten theirs. But still. I didn't even want it.

Only problem was I couldn't eat my bar at the dinners and as I went straight from work it was 13 hours between soup and bar (and had to sit with the food inbetween) ... and I managed to ruin the hot chocolate I had made to go with it.. so it was 3 packs.

Felt woozy this morning but feeling fine now, and positive.

Kept waivering and wondering if I can do this for the long haul, and maybe joining dad in the healthy eating that he is doing so well on. I know I would fail... but I guess I'm scared that failing LL would be that much worse and I can't get the conviction that I will - even when I have really good days.

You are all losing so well!!

Don't waver now anyone!! It is surprising but after a couple of weeks you won't be so hungry and you will wonder why. I think if you look at it hard it's not so much hunger pangs as boredom. You are trying to break a habit literally of a lifetime and that's not easy. Texture is the one thing I struggle with if anything. We are sociable eaters too, I make a point of sitting down at the table with my OH at breakfast, soup in mug, lunch, with bowl, and dinner, in bowl and plate for bar etc. The conversation over dinner is quite normal and it's one less routine I have broken. He's eaten, I've eaten.

everyone is doing so well!

I lost 8.2 lbs this week. BMI down by 3.7 as well.

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 7lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.5lb -10 stones to lose

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 1 -8.5lb - 2st 5.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 1 - 8.2lb - 4.5 stone to loose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose

Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4.5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan (pending medical) - week 0 - 3 stones to lose (and extra is a bonus)

Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.2lb - 5 st 11 lb to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4.5 stone to lose

Well done Em veg

I know how much the awards dinner was worrying you regarding food. So well done for being able to abstain. I bet nobody even noticed much did they?
Keep it up.
You are doing so well.
Good stories from everyone else too.
Great start everyone.

Excellent loss misswee!

And 3 cheers for EmVeg for abstaining during that dinner - it can be done!

Feeling better healthwise today, and really really positive. Going to walk the dogs now, and then I must tackle the house!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Glad you're feeling much better today!

Louale x

Thank you everyone - I am very proud of myself, and happy not to have it to worry about!

Went for mid-week again, and LLC had added up wrong - so it WAS 10lb for first week. And just went in again and lost another 3lb since wednesday, so one off the stone! Whoop!

Wow, well done Em for an amazing loss! Well done on getting through your dinner too, I know that you've been worried about it for a while, all over and done with now!

Louale x

Wow Em, that's starting to tot up there!

My first WI is tomorrow but I've no idea how I've done. I haven't even been on the Wii lately.

I have the real bad shakes today and it's not just being cold. :sigh: I think I'm trying to do too much, I have a garden to sort before the builders come back again on Monday and whilst the weather is good!! Think I'll just push on for another half hour and see how I feel then.

well done em, thats fab!!!!!

well i was up in the early hours with a very upset tummy, the sweats shakes, i was very very close to fainting at one point, it was awfull.

i hope its not gonna be a regular thing while im on this because it was the worst ive felt for a very very long time. managed to keep one shake down so far, will try another in a bit!

Jan Starter

Afternoon all!!

I have some good news - after a week (& £15 later) Dr's have signed form & there's a place in the class I was hoping to join, so I will be a Jan starter on 29th Jan :wow:
I am picking up my Horse Riding Machine tomorrow pm, so will be providing an update (my boss is insisting on pics - I think she has bribery in mind....;)) When feeling brave will post pics, but will post the try-out tomorrow!
My W8 pack has arrived so will be starting the plan tomorrow:eek: - Will not be reordering from them though, I'm actually rather disappointed, it's a weird programme - you can have 1/2 pint of skimmed milk a day, Coke Zero & Dr Pepper Zero (these are just a few things I've picked up so far).

Also, it feels that I'm been :airquote: penalised for not having a consultant in the area - as I ordered direct from them I had to pay delivery, plus, if you don't have a consultant (like me) then you only get support if you phone them (if they answer!) & you have to pay extra for the support CD's - I think I paid as much (if not more) than I'd have paid on LL!

I'm so pleased to have my place agreed, though I will use the packs from W8, LL is where my heart is & now I've seen the other side; it's staying here!:D

Hi All,

I had my pop in session today and I can't believe how much I lost. I lost 9lb in 3 days!!!! I am sooooooo pleased:bliss:

My first day was ok but my second was torture. I was ok all day then I got this horrendous headache and sicky feeling. It was 8pm and I had only had 2 packs. I was really worried that I wasn't able to get the other 2 down. So I opted to make a thai chilli popadom and a chocolate. Nothing like the real thing but it was definitely eddible. :eating:

By day 3 and I was feeling fantastic :banana dancer:
Now day 4 and I still have that buzz. I even went to the gym this morning. Just a steady 45mins and it has done me the world of good. I didn't do too bad to say that I have not been for 2 months.

I am hoping to loose another 3lbs come week 1 weigh in but I do know that is a big ask. I'll just keep plodding on and keep my fingers crossed.

Well done to everyone else who has had a great loss this week. We're all on our way to that being that slim person we want to be.

Take care everyone and good luck :cross::hug99:

Becky that is brilliant news, you will certainly loose more :) dont owrry about the headaches that's carb withdrawal and you going into ketosis, the sick feeling passes too i felt that way on the first day too.

Now prepare for more and the bars will be good too. Well done you are on the way!

well done becky thats amazing!!! wow!!!!!

well im on a downer today, came really close to lapsing, all day ive felt so poorly and hungry my stomach has been in knots, i keep telling myself what harm could just one bit of chicken do?? or a splash of milk in a real cup of tea?? i know its all bad and i havnt done it so far but i cant see how im gonna see this through i really cant!!!!!!!!! my family had fish and chips and i made them eat it in the car so i didnt have to smell it, i felt terrible but i would with out a doubt have eaten something!

im not really sure where to go now, do i bother?? if i give up now i wont waste my money?? but ill always be fat!!!! im really struggling and im sorrry if im bringing everyone in here down. xx

gary girl. Did you write down a list of all your goals etc? If you did, it might be worth going and reading them again to remind you why you're doing this. Also remember that this is only for 14 weeks which in the span of your lifetime is nothing, so although it's hard now, it'll pass so just ride it out, keep persevering it's so worth it! Above all know in your heart that this is what you want, and that you are able to go through with it! Believe in yourself.

Ok might be bad time to say this, but I just went for first WI today, and I lost 6lb over 3 days! Woot Woot! I'm over the moon and it just proved to me why it's worth sticking to. The max I was hoping for was 3lb so this is amazing for me :D

Back