January 2009 - Starters

Thin Inside
I bought a tub of the orange flavourings but as i thought it was expensive I was keeping it until I got bored with plain water ( so not used it yet) . I did not realise that it had a bit of laxative in it so will start using it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice
Sue

Daisy, good idea on the scales. I'm thinking where to put mine so they're not to hand but I still do my own weigh in once a week (in exact conditions) and take my measurements. I don't have a garage so at least no traipsing outdoors in my dressing gown lol.

Sue P, well done on your loss. I was a bit disappointed too this week - think I was the lowest at only 2.2lbs :( Hope things start moving soon for you, if you know what I mean ;)

I've gone once in two weeks and I've been taking a laxative! Mind you the solid isn't going in, is it, but something did happen a bit last time, if only a couple of times a week (never been reliable in that department :rolleyes:). I'll wait until after the op and change the laxative (senacott max) to dulcolax I think.

Still hanging in there and still have those two squabling in my head!!!!:mad:

Foxtrot - hope the op goes well, you seem to be managing the prospect of coming out of ketosis really well - it would've been easy to say'oh s*d then' until afterwards.

Sue P - 4lbs gone forever! I'm sure the laxative will help shift weight and more LOL. I believe that LL is really helpful in IBS anyway as you've found, so that's a bonus.

I'm putting a £ per lb in a piggy bank and will use it to buy something special when I reach target. I really don't think I'm going to lapse now but...I hereby declare that should I lapse or give up LL during Foundation I will donate all the money in the piggy bank to a cause I don't believe in (I'm thinking BNP but suggestions welcome!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

S.x

Last edited:
Hey that's a great idea Somewhere. I think i will do that. I will put a £1 in and ask my OH to do the same. I should have £160 by the time I've finished!!!!

I've needed to take laxatives as after 2-3 days of not going I feel really bloated. It really helps.

I'm sure everything will be alright mum (Sue_P). We'll just keep plodding on together.

Hey that's a great idea Somewhere. I think i will do that. I will put a £1 in and ask my OH to do the same. I should have £160 by the time I've finished!!!!

I've needed to take laxatives as after 2-3 days of not going I feel really bloated. It really helps.

I'm sure everything will be alright mum (Sue_P). We'll just keep plodding on together.

Hey Becky, that will be a nice pot for some new clothes by the time you finish :)

I love the way you and your Mum support each other and can really understand what the other is going through - well done to you both :)

I'm lucky my Mum (and the rest of my family) supports me 100% too :D

Hi everyone! Glad yr all ok - I'm on a bit of a high actually. I'm into my 3rd week and loving it! The meals are ok and I'm not bored with them and I seem to have switched into LL mode cos I'm not bothered at all about food!
For those of you that are having a bit of a tough second week - it does pass. I found the first few days a bit tricky and the first time I went into supermarket I was a bit fazed by it all but that passes too.

The good things are that I'm already into some clothes that I havent worn for 6 months :D , i can get into bed each night and not have to lay on my back cos my tummy's too bloated with all the food I've eaten, and although i felt a bit tired the first couple of weeks I am beginning to feel a bit more energetic! I even took my dogs out seperately this morning and had done my 10 000 steps by 11am! :):) I did get soaked though :(

I'm glad you're feeling better Emveg- I had wondered where you'd been and I'm also wondering how GGF is as she hasnt posted since going to the drs.

Jazzy, I'm feeling like you too - the week 2 slump has passed and I'm well into it in week 3 now.

I'm even planning a wardrobe sort out over the weekend because I'm having to hoike my trousers up every few minutes when I'm walking. They're long so I'm afraid they'll trip me up too.

I bet the dogs love the change in you and I hope you've dried out a bit now :)

Its fab isnt it Westie? After all the weeks in December waiting and worrying that I couldnt do it here I am doing it!!! And I'm doin it properly!!

Thats funny cos I pulled loads of clothes out of my wardrobe this morning and left them scattered all over the bed and the floor with the intention that i would sort through them before going to bed tonight. Then I'm going to start looking up in the loft at the weekend. I'm hoping to sort all my old stuff out as I have so many clothes that I havent been wearing, and if I lose weight this quickly I want to get the most out of all my stuff before its all TOO SMALL:talk017:

and if I lose weight this quickly I want to get the most out of all my stuff before its all TOO SMALL:talk017:

Lighter Life in reverse :8855::8855::8855:

Sorry - couldn't resist:rolleyes:

Hi, another newbie here, can I join only just found this site

Started 14th January 2009
Total to lose 56lb's
Week 1 lost 5 lb's

wilbeslim:)

Welcome Wilbslim, lots of help & support here

Welcome Wilbslim! I'm sure you'll find this forum lovely and supportive!

Ooooo I have WI tomorrow morning. I just Know I've lost since tuesday night's mid week WI - my jeans which fitted me perfectly 10 days ago now hang off me and fall down, without a belt! So excited to know how much I've lost, hope I've cracked the first stone down. So tempting to get on the scales but I know that'll ruin the surprise!

Eeeeeep!

Back