January 2009 - Starters

no completely shattered!
i'm sitting here fed up and hungry!
im not looking forward to breakfast as i hate the shakes made without the blender and ice.
def getting a new one on way back from work tomorrow
x

Oh Daisy - sounds like its not been your weekend. But hopefully next week will be a great one for you!

I had a nice warm bath and sipped some water to hydrate me - think it was just me taking it a bit too far with the hill walking and such when I'd only had 2 packs and little water at the time.

Fine now really - and I've learnt my lesson to listen to my body. I felt like I should stop about half way in, but was too stubborn to admit I wasn't there yet!

Well done on a great positive attitude EmVeg - and what a lovely pic!

Poor Daisy! What a rough time you've had. Make the clumsy f***wit pay for a new blender!

Ah, I bet you're right. Phew, don't feel so guilty now ;)

Hmm I suspect my lack of guilt about not exercising got me where I am today! Or was 5 weeks ago.

Lol! I haven't been doing a lot of exercise above normal either, I'm so glad that you guys aren't too. Ok that sounds bad but you know what I mean.
Saying that come summer time I'm quite good about exercising, I like going jogging in the woods or cycling. I'm just a wuss when it comes to cold and rain!

Don't know if anyone recalls I was having a dilemma about the leather jacket. I didn't buy it in the end but I did buy one from ebay, it's a size 10-12 so will be perfect when I get to goal. And I LOVE it, if I'd designed a jacket myself it would be exactly this design :D linkie here:
HEAVEN HELP US D.B RETRO TAN LEATHER BOX JACKET. 10/12 on eBay, also, Women's Clothing, Clothes, Shoes Accessories (end time 08-Feb-09 19:30:58 GMT)
So it sort of kills 3 birds with one stone because it's satisfied my itch to get a leather jacket, and it gives me another item to my meagre wardrobe, and gives me another thing to aim for and motivate me! yay!

:D

ooh I like it PB. I'm really into vintage stuff too!

Very nice Ellie!! I don't think you should follow the vendors advice about it being machine washable though!!!!:giggle:

I did think that myself about the washing machine thing Foxtrot!! :D lol I didn't think it would do the leather much good. Thanks SIIM! I'm not massively into vintage but some things like that I definitely am.

How are your days going?

WG and SIIM - I am very sporadic with my activity levels. One month I'm doing it a high levels every day - then the next I just forget and can't be bothered!

Thanks for the avatar comments - made me smile.

Had some very good "positive strokes" today - which have made me feel happy and awkward in equal measures! Although as the homework this week was "to do something different" I decided to not do something physical - rather just smile more and act more confident. It's worked. It's made me feel more confident. When I walk past a mirror I've said something positive in my head instead of look at the negative. Whoop. Long may it continue.

Oh and PB - Couldn't see the jacket as it had ended - but I love leather lovelies and sure it will look fantastic on you!

OK, I'm really struggling with the Choc shake. I've tried it before and didn't think much of it but after some glowing praise on here I had two more this week. I've used one as a *thick* ha ha shake and the other I tried the mint tea and freeze routine. Is it me or is it pointless to bother as it's just so runny what ever I do to it??

The banana just zuzzes up into thicknes and the vanilla isn't far behind and they are both wonderful. So what makes them work and the choc not?

I use a hand blender and I prefer to have them as a dessert mousse thing rather than a drink. And I don't want the cook any of them in the microwave as this can destroy the few neutrients we are getting from the packs already.

hi
i can't get the choc one 'right' either.
the banana and vanilla ones i find thicken up lovely with ice, but the choc one is never quite right somehow.

also trying to mix without blender is impossible for the choc one, but the strawberry and rasp are fine

thought it was just me!

daisy x

I've never managed to get it thick like the banana or vanilla either. I thought it was me.
I did make it into some yummy fudgey chocolate the other day - basically followed the fudge recipe then froze it.
Our LLC says it's ok to cook one pack a day by the way.

Just back from WI and absolutely gutted for the 2nd week running as only lost 1.8lb. I'm just so dissapointed as I have stuck to it 100% and although a low loss is kind of understandable for 1 week what with hormones and water retention etc I don't understand why its low again this week. I know a loss is a loss but I can't help thinking that I could be on WW or SW and losing 2lb a week and be eating rather than abstinent, lets face it this diet is kinda extreme for only 2lb a week. All that said I'm not giving up as I've come too far to do that but I'm gonna pop to the doc's tomorrow as I have quite a few symptoms of underactive thyroid that I have been ignoring for about 6 months or so but thinking maybe if I do have it then this could be a reason for the low losses, although I'm probably just being nurotic!

Will wait and see what next week holds but not sure what I'm gonna do if its another low loss as I still have 4 1/2 - 5 stone to lose which will take allot longer than I had hoped at this rate.

Sorry about moaning and hope you've all done much better than me.

x

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 3.5lbs - 21.5lbs Total - 5.05 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 4lbs - 22.5lb - 7st 5.5lb left to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose

Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week4 -2lb---17.5lb - 1st 10.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 5 - 1.8lb - Total - 22lb - 68lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.3 stone - 2.2 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 5-- 24lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 4 -3.75 lbs 22lbs total 20bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 16lb - 3 st 8 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - Total 21lbs - 4st 7lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 4, 4lb, total 20.5lb - 65lb to lose.
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb total 11lbs- 5 stone 3lbs to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 3 - 5lbs - total 16 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 3 - 21lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose
Sean(JSF) - 2 Jan - week 4 - 6lbs, 34lbs total - 4 stone 1lb to lose

Sorry Susi

Look at BLs weight loss history. She had several weeks when she lost nothing, but she persevered 100% abstinence and eventually it shifted.Keep the motivation and KNOW that it will shift.
Hang on in there. As you say, you've come too far to let it go now.
Good luck for the next week, we'll all be routing for you. xxx

Just think, on this diet there's no way you can sustain no weight loss, or low weight loss forever. Quite a few people have a few low weeks then have a big drop in one week.
*hugs* and stress not about it. The weight is coming off after all!

Thanks guy's, I'm feeling reassured already!

Just took a look at BL's weight loss history SB and was reassured to see how her weight loss fluctuated as well. Its just so harsh went you stick to it completely ... I wouldn't mind if I had lapsed! lol.

Thanks for the hugs PB, could have done with you at WI, really felt like crying!

Anyway onwards and upwards and thanks again for your support. x

Back