January 2009 - Starters

Nice to see you Emma :D

I hope the doc is sorting out the chest pains?

Well done on keeping the stone off and good luck with the PT, when you start properly :D

3lb this week, which is a good loss in itself!

But it means I am half a lb under losing 2 stone complete. And 2lb off being officially overweight. I did hit one target though, under 200lb! And only 0.5kg from being under 90kg! I'm not too disappointed though, even though I didn't get all those targets this week, I reckon I will for next week so no worries.

SIIM - wk 6 - 6lbs - 31lbs total -102lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 6, 3lb - 27.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
Sean(JSF) - wk 7 - 5lbs - 51lbs total 39lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 5 - 3lb - 18.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk6 -3lbs -- 22lb -- 20lb to go.
SexyBecks1 - wk 5 - 1lb off - 25lbs total - 56lbs to loose
Sue_P - wk3 - 5lbs off - 11lbs total - 73 to loose
Susianna - wk6 - 3.4lb- Total 25lb - 64 to go
Daisydoll - wk 6 -3lb off -23bs total - 30 to go lose
JessicaL - wk5 - 3lb off - 23lbs total - 43lb to go
Westiegirl - wk 6 - 2lbs off - 24lbs total - 45lbs to lose
thin_inside - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 27.5lbs total - 98lbs to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Louale - W6 - 3lbs off - 27 total - 66lbs to lose
Emveg - W6 - 4lb off - 29lb lost - 32lb to lose.
JazzyB W6 -4lb off 28.4lbs lost 13lb to go

One question guys... How often does your LLC take progress photos?

I thought it was every 4 weeks, but got told by my LLC today that it was only one at the beginning one at the end because it's "Too expensive" otherwise.
I must admit to being a bit gobsmacked at this. We're paying them over £250 a month each, and it's too expensive to take a picture once a month??? They use disposable camera, so taking into account how much they cost and how much it costs to develop the film, £20ish, which should be enough for the whole group's pictures? It's not a lot really, considering there's currently about 7 others in the group paying that much as well??! When I think about it, it makes me a bit angry actually! I know they have other overheads like rent and buying packs, but still.

I think it's usually just one at the beginning and one at the end of Foundation for all LLCs. That's what happened to me last time and also we've just had the one at the start so far too. Everyone I know who's done LL just has just had the 2 as well.

I thought it was more for the impact of the difference in the pictures rather than a cost implication, which as you say, shouldn't be an issue, especially as my pics have always been taken on a digital camera.

well done on your loss, you will hit those targets next week.
our llc is just doing beg and end pics.
mind you, as you said it isn't exactly expesive to take pics these days.
daisy x

Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. It seems that we are all doing great! Or like Westiegirl says "we're really rocking it!!" We have all lost weight again this week it seems and although the weekly losses differ for us all each week, the total amounts we have ALL lost are amazing!!

Thank you for all the support you have been sending me, and thanks Sexybecks for the nice comments about me coping with the conference - I didnt ever think I could cope with it and had planned to eat protein or something but didnt need to! It was much easier than I thought. I've just been away for a couple of days with friends moving horses about the country and I managed to stick with it and eat my bars while everyone was eating all my favourites in front of me (i wont go into details on here of course).:8855:

My oh has booked a holiday in the sun for 2 weeks time (probably fed up with me moaning that I feel cold all the time) so my LLC has suggested that I might want to go on RTM straight after but I think I may do a few more weeks of abstinence after I get back. I'm going to take 3 packs a day with me and just eat in the evening. My oh has not been particularly supportive of this diet (to say the least) so I'm not going to upset him by not eating with him at all!!

PS so sorry yr still not well Emma, but concentrate on getting better before you start worrying about yr weight or starting the exercise. xx

Hello everyone

You are doing so well. Congratulations.
Hi PB, regarding the photos. Our LLC did take before pics when we started, but we haven't ever seen them. She used a digital camera, but "lost" everything on her computer quite near the beginning.We soon realised photos were not her strong point so we have just tkaen our own progress photos as we've gone along. However, last november she did arrange and pay for a professional photography session for all her customers.
She has been so fabulous with the psychology and support that I don't mind about the photos. Small price to pay in my opinion.

We had them taKen at the begining but we didn't see them until she had taken the end ones and we had a big TADA!!!! session! It was really great!

Not had any photos taken. But I'm doing LL for myself and my health not my 'looks' (such that they aren't), so not bothered either way.

Geat losses everyone, geep it up (down)!

4.5lb this week! Really pleased with that as I've been one of the slowers ones to lose so far. :party0011:

Foxtrot - Week 6 - 4.5lb - ....23lb from 56 lb to lose
Sue_P - wk3 - 5lbs off - 11lbs total - 73 to loose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.

hi had my mid week pop in as i couldn't do the weigh in this week and 6lbs down and 4.5 inches off my waist!! :D

i was really worried that sitting on my sofa all week because of my ankle would slow the weight loss down but i guess this just proves you can lose weight on ll and do no exercise! :confused:

foxtrot and cat girl well done to you both!!
daisy x

Well done peeps

Great losses, well done.
Sean, I decided to do LL because of health reasons too.
The appearance part and being able to wear nice clothes again and being interested in them is an unexpected added bonus.
HURRAH
:talk017::talk017:

Foxtrot - Week 6 - 4.5lb - ....23lb from 56 lb to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose

Well done everyone on your great losses this week. It seems everyone is full steam ahead.

My week has been ok. Was quite a bit down after the WI but managed to pick myself up this weekend. I have had a few good sessions in the gym which helps. I am quite looking forward to this weeks WI now.

I was really pleased on Friday as I did a bit of shopping in Primarni (Primark) and bought 2 t-shirts which I thought I might have to wait a few weeks to get into as I bought them in a 16-18. I tried them on when I got home just to see how tight they were and they fit!!! Although they may fit a bit better in another week or so but I could wear them now.

I met up with my mum today and after not seeing her for a week and a half I can really tell on her too. This diet is amazing. I have a lot of friends on facebook asking which diet I am doing and the ones that want to loose weight are seriously considering doing it too!!! I am spreading the LL word!!

Anyway, good luck with all your WIs this week and keep up the good work.

Speak soon x x

That's great catgirl.hope the ankle is much better this week too.

Glad you've perked up too Becks!!

Back