January 2013 starters

Well done Suzie!! 1lb is good - it's all going in the right direction...! :D

Abyss - hope your Wi went ok. :) Be careful about running too much, if you do, maybe you can add 100g protein to the day? It isn't much, but would probably be productive in the scheme of things.

Happy Birthday for next week as well...!! I know this is a crossroads for you right now... Because it's been a little bit shaky it's so easy to say 'One day off won't matter'... while I agree with it, to take a day off, you really do have to be in the right frame of mind to begin with. Iron determination.

When I was doing LL previously - I do believe I missed out two birthdays. Didn't do anything for them, postponed them even, because I knew I could celebrate later. This diet was in the moment and I knew I'd be happier later (slimmer and confident), as any breaks would really mess with my head at the time. I think I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum just with my boyfriend instead of a meal with everyone. It was nice.

That craving to eat.. well, I used to feed the binge monster when I was VLCD'ing by making pints upon pints of sugar-free jelly and almost exclusively somehow living on those.... and eating ice berg lettuce, whole lettuces maybe 3 a day - because I wanted to eat, but didn't want to gain weight... but ... it didn't work out. Diet ended and I kept on eating, slowly it switched back to unhealthy stuff because I never made the binge monster go away.
The only way to stop the monster is to start saying 'No' to it, like you're doing now. It's better not to even start, don't put anything in your mouth that's not on the plan. Discipline right now... it will become easier to control with time.

x

Though if you must absolutely go out and there's no way of avoiding it.. Any way you could have a salad (no dressing) and grilled chicken? I know how hard and disappointing it is to order just that, but ... you're helping yourself not feel miserable later. :3

Just read this thread and really pleased there are a few of you around for support! I'm restarting in 2 weeks (that's when my LL group opens up) but have started on exante today and planning on doing that for 2 weeks before LL so hopefully will be in ketosis by the time I start LL. I lost 6 stone in 2010, then had a baby and put on 5! Lost 2 and kept that off, but been playing around with the same stone for the last 1.5years, do decided its time to try to go back to L L as its the only thing that ever got me to goal. 3 stone to lose, so hopefully will be done by summer and can start enjoying clothes again and energy.

Feel good to be back not eating today, feels like I have started taking control. My binge/secret eating has been worse than ever the last few months, so time to restock and reflect. Been reading some of my old L L stuff which has been good, including finding the letter I wrote myself when I got to goal, powerful stuff!

Anyways, just wanted to juMp in, how are you ladies doing? X

Hi Gemma :) I think I remember your screen name from when I was doing LLL here in 2009.

Welcome back!! I have also finally sorted my head issues out and am back on the VLCD to get off what I put on. :) However, I found that LL is no longer right for me, I don't need the counselling and am happy to weigh myself. I got that control back that I never knew existed - the knowledge that I'm doing this for myself because I WANT TO. I can see the goal a few months away and nothing tempts me off that path!
So I opted for Slim and Save, but there's a few of us around still to support anyone on LL.

So good luck and well done for taking control back. You can do it. xx

hehe yes Minerva I remember you too, still on the dark side I see hehe! ;)

I have tried doing exante and just weighing myself, but I have realised I do need the group support and the reminds of the lessons I learnt first time round and so am looking forward to joining a group soon. For now I am day 2 into exante and determind to do it this time!

Have a great Monday all.

Hi Gemma
welcome back!
I'm also a returner now 10 weeks in. Just had my weigh in and lost another 3.5lb. I have also thought about slim and save ( heard they are nicer packs!) but am enjoying the counselling so am keep on going with LL.
good luck on your start. The forum is much quieter than it used to be so it will be good to have someone else on board!

Well done Kathryn on your 3.5 loss tonight and total in 10 weeks, wow that is awesome and important to look back and remember what you have achieved. I am looking forward to the counselling, there's a new counsellor in my area so that wiLl be good too, can't wait to be in the zone!

Still going - 11 weeks in but I'm getting sooo bored!!! Lots of emotional hunger but still stuck to it 100%.
lost another 4.5 this week so nearly into the 11's. Off to Egypt next week so not sure wht I'm oing to do food wise???...

Wow Kathryn, your losses are amazing! I'll be interested to know what you decide to do whilst on holiday, a couple of people I've spoken to have told me how they were 100% on diet during their holidays but I'm not sure I could even consider it! That said, they seemed to find it more than manageable and still lost while away. I can certainly say I've never been on holiday and lost weight!

Kathryn, I saw your losses and has really made me even more determined to carry on! Had a loss of only 1 pound in my second week which was a bit disheartening but I am carrying on and can't wait to see more results.

Would be great to hear more about your journey!

Tess

Back