Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Went for my first social thing on plan that wasn't with my husband - met a friend for drinks! And even though the cheesy nachos on the food menu were calling me I just nursed a diet coke (I have a glass most days anyway)!

Little successes like that make me so happy :) Hows everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Is very quiet on here! Hope you're all alright and just busy :)

We have all gone a bit quiet haven't we?! Well done for dodging the cheesy nachos Jo! I have been sticking with SS and no more cheating!! Went to a friends house for coffee this morning, she had plates full of chocolate biscuits and little choc iced cakes, but just stuck to coffee. Mind you, I think because I am having choc and mint choc shakes etc I have noticed am not tempted by the offer of sweet food anyway. Have had 2 cracking long walks with the dogs too. So will keep this up and hope to right the wrongs of last week!

We have all gone a bit quiet haven't we?! Well done for dodging the cheesy nachos Jo! I have been sticking with SS and no more cheating!! Went to a friends house for coffee this morning, she had plates full of chocolate biscuits and little choc iced cakes, but just stuck to coffee. Mind you, I think because I am having choc and mint choc shakes etc I have noticed am not tempted by the offer of sweet food anyway. Have had 2 cracking long walks with the dogs too. So will keep this up and hope to right the wrongs of last week!

Carry on like you are and it'll definitely all fall back into place!

I'm just feeling really bored of the plan now. Start Step 3 on Saturday so 4 more weeks to go on the steps and it's not that I particularly want to eat anything or have a binge or anything like that, I just feel bored and want to be finished with it. I miss being properly full and I miss the social stuff. No idea what I'll eat coming off plan though!

Wow. What an inspirational thread for a newbie. Well done everyone and best of luck with your quests. Great tips Lubilu88, thanks. x

You're doing so well Jo, at least you're getting some real food! Think how brilliant you'll feel at the end of it all in your skinny trousers! You're right though, It is a weird feeling not remembering what it's like to be properly full...I only know now what it's like to be full of water! You motivate me though missus, because I can't wait to get to going up the steps and on the way to long term maintenance!
Welcome Kentishgirl, keep us all posted on your progress!

Thanks Becksy :) Im not going to give up, as I know I have to complete the steps to turn a corner mentally and physically, it's just there's no way around it - this diet is boring!! Totally worth it, but boring all the same.

I'm comfortably back in all my size 12s now, which is perfect as I'm 5ft 10. As you know, hoping to lose another 6lbs or so, but after that, it's all about maintaining as I'm happy with how I look again :)

Really glad to hear you're back on track, it's amazing how much difference you can achieve in just a week, so every day 100% really does count.

Excited to hear how Gina managed on her hol! Bet she had an amazing time.

Hi everyone, I was here at the start of the year but my head wasn't quite in the zone and I couldn't get past day 1 but I'm starting back tomorrow with renewed motivation. I have 2 mini goals a wedding in 4 weeks time that I would like to fit in to an dress I haven't worn for a long while (because I couldn't do it up) then it's my birthday 2 weeks later and I would like to fit back in to my size 14 jeans comfortably, no overhang/muffin top.

Hi everyone.. Totally impressed by the amazing weightlosses.. Have done the diet before so know it works

just had a baby 4 months ago and now ready to lose some serious weight.. Its day 3 and had a diet coke so came on here for inspiration :/
im 16 stone and 5ft 5, would like to be 9stone.
am i correct in thinking no diet coke till after 2weeks of ss, if so ive just wasted 3days and back to day 1:(

Hi Lindsey, welcome back! Good luck with starting again, and it's always really good to have goals to help you keep focused! Let us know how you get on. First few days are the hardest, then it gets much easier!

Fingers crossed I can do it this time, I'm doing tomorrow with a meal as hubby is cooking for valentines day but I don't want to give up the whole day then sole source from Sunday xx

Morning all,

Happy valentines day, keep going Lyndsey it's so worth it! I'm back on it 3 weeks Sunday and down a stone. It isn't easy but defo having each other here helps if be lost without the support. It makes it easier knowing someone else is feeling the same way. I'm a bit peeved as I havent moved since last Sunday anyone got any tips?? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong! Feeling really frustrated as I'm on SS so only having my 3 packs with water.

Morning all,

Happy valentines day, keep going Lyndsey it's so worth it! I'm back on it 3 weeks Sunday and down a stone. It isn't easy but defo having each other here helps if be lost without the support. It makes it easier knowing someone else is feeling the same way. I'm a bit peeved as I havent moved since last Sunday anyone got any tips?? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong! Feeling really frustrated as I'm on SS so only having my 3 packs with water.

Congrats on the 3 weeks! Well, you might still have a last minute loss or it may also be your CDCs scales are different? If it's neither of those Id up your water. Don't lose hope either, I've had lower loss weeks in the past and they're almost always compensated for by higher weeks later on, it's just the way your body works as you won't necessarily always lose the same week on week.

Good luck for your weigh in, keep us updated :)

Lost 2lbs this week :) 4lbs to go til goal! I'm on Step3 as of today.

Been sticking to the gym and gradually adding more cardio- did 5mins on the rower for the first time today (just been doing CT and bike) and FLIPPING ECK! I ache A LOT ha.

Hope you're all doing well.

Heyy girlies!!!!!! Back from my hols!!! Had an amazing time :) , think I have caught a bug of some sort either on the plane or something as I feel terrible, was coughing and sneezing whole way home yesterday and was sick when I got in :( so that's a bit annoying! I don't do well on long flights!
In terms of food and drink on hols, alcohol- I watched slightly, tried to stick to vodka, sodas and not so naughty cocktails and avoided too much beer and wine, food wise I am proud of myself :) I avoided all the real unecessary stuff, bread and butter before dinner, had a low carb meal, and went for the low fat desert options (all inclusive cruise so quite hard to be controlled!) I took my bars out with me I pretty much had them if I felt hungry between having lunch and evening dinner in the afternoon just to tide me over. Safe to say I never made it to the gym but I kept as active as I could, concious to always take the stairs and not lifts (15 decks) and with excursions I picked the most active, so we don't a rainforest trek that was tiring!! It's definitely the most controlled I have ever been on hols, and I had a brilliant time as I felt good in my clothes :) I had the odd ice cream etc so, along with the drink and generally eating more I expect a gain, but as I haven't gone totally off track, I don't feel it being a struggle to get back on plan if that makes sense! I have my weigh in on Wednesday so will stay off the scales til then and let u know how I get on!!

Sounds like everyone has been doing brilliantly!!! Well done Jo on getting back on the gym!! Really not long for maintenance for u now!!! :)

Xx

Eeekk glad you're back Gina! Sounds like you had an amazing time but sorry you're not feeling well now :(

Congratulations on the way you've treated food during your hol, you defo deserve a STS or loss for that. In fact, if you're getting right back on it, I reckon you'll get a loss :)

You must be really proud of yourself! Bet it'll be hard not to peek at the scales before Wednesday though. Hope you have a rest today and start to feel a lot better.

Welcome back Gina. Glad you had a lovely holiday. Will be amazing to have a stay the same after a holiday. I don't think I could manage it!

Thanks!! It was tempting but I felt so nice in the new dresses I bought, I didn't want to sit there pigging my way through huge meals, alcohol is my downfall so I will see! I know Iv been tempted to jump on the scales but I don't want to dishearten myself if it's gain, so I'm gona keep at it til then, whatever the result, have a gd chat to my consultant and hopefully feel half proud regardless. My last hols, I lost count of the amount of burgers, ice creams and God knows what that I had and put on just over a stone in 2 weeks so, hopefully the damage is minimal this time!!!
annoying feeling fluey now Im back, last thing I feel like is a shake!! I'm on the lemsips!! Oh and something I realised today- pancake day Tuesday!!! It's tradition me and my mum do pancakes every year dammit!! And I see all the Easter eggs are about in the shops :(

Thanks!! It was tempting but I felt so nice in the new dresses I bought, I didn't want to sit there pigging my way through huge meals, alcohol is my downfall so I will see! I know Iv been tempted to jump on the scales but I don't want to dishearten myself if it's gain, so I'm gona keep at it til then, whatever the result, have a gd chat to my consultant and hopefully feel half proud regardless. My last hols, I lost count of the amount of burgers, ice creams and God knows what that I had and put on just over a stone in 2 weeks so, hopefully the damage is minimal this time!!!
annoying feeling fluey now Im back, last thing I feel like is a shake!! I'm on the lemsips!! Oh and something I realised today- pancake day Tuesday!!! It's tradition me and my mum do pancakes every year dammit!! And I see all the Easter eggs are about in the shops :(

You've done amazingly well and I hope your weigh in is a rewarding one!

I know what you mean, it's so hard to feel motivated to restart when you're ill, maybe just give it a go and see. Those Easter eggs are really really annoying me but will still be there when I reach target as they will be for you!

As far as the pancakes go, I sort of know what you mean as every birthday and Christmas since I was about 12 my mum bought me a little bag of about 12 of my very favourite thorntons chocolates so defo a tradition now. BUT it's my birthday next week, she asked if I could have them, and I've said no. It's far more important to me to do these steps properly and start my life of maintenance on a good track. Bit sadthough :( Could buy the chocs anytime but it's breaking that cute little tradition that's hard.

I know it really is hard, them sort of things make me feel like... I don't wana look back and feel I missed out, I know it's not all about the food but it's just little memory things, think I will go to my mums anyway but make pancakes for her and my dad and everyone instead, just get involved without being naughty. That's it everything is there when we finish and by maintenance will have 10 times more control and our weight will be more stable then.
You are so close to goal now!! What step are u following?

Back