Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

I know Gina! A month seemed a tad excessive!

Still on SS & SS+ on the days I need it. I think the kids being home eating all day doesn't help. But on Tuesday I did sit in Pizza Express whilst they had a 3 course meal and I just drank coffee.

Just having a coffee while everyone else has pizza express!! Well done you!! Am on day five now, feeling ok but could not sit at table and watch people eat! Feeling a little gutted today as my consultant is not free until late next week for a weigh in. Starting to feel like I have smelly breathe (I know no one likes smelly breathe but I really dislike it haha) any tips to make it better? xxxx

Woo welcome back all needles! So glad you're still around and still doing well. A month seems really excessive when you didn't know the rules but at least you're back now :)

Yeah I do find it hard to sit in a group while on plan and not eat but it's so worth it! And you get such a great sense of satisfaction after :)

Everyone is doing so well, I love this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi everyone sorry have been quiet the last couple of weeks! Am delighted to say that I've had a really good week and am down 3lbs which am massively pleased about as now back to my lowest weight ever- can't wait to push past this point and feel like I am making progress! I have bought lots of new clothes this week and people are noticing the difference which is great!! Am off to barcelona Tuesday and then centre parcs the following week so will both be challenging weeks for me. I will be happy so long as I lose anything over the next 2 weeks- just want to avoid a gain!!!

Jo sounds like you are doing really well on the steps- I'm kind of flicking between the steps depending on what I have on each day which actually is working well as im probably not ready for all out step 3 yet but can do it when life needs it. Not in ketosis any more though which means I have been a bit hungrier some days.

Gina amazing work on the hol- a 5lb gain is most likely to be mainly water anyway so sure you will lose it quick. It's great that you enjoyed yourself without going totally crazy!!

Wonder how Skellybob is getting on??

And an update:

Dietninja 2/1 - 41.5lbs - 12.5lbs
Ginabeany 1/1 - 7lbs - 11lbs
Paigesmum34 4/1 - 36lbs - 9lbs
Jo1989 29/12 - 6lbs - 26lbs
Soci 7/1 - 17lbs - 23lbs
Dawn 2/1 - 40lbs - 21lbs
Becksy1 5/1 - 38lbs - 25lbs
Allneedles 5/1 - 32.5lbs - 9.5lbs
Skellybob 1/1- 21lbs- 19lbs
MissAma 2/1 - 74 lbs - 19 lbs
Joy-full 5/1 - 36lbs - 8lbs
Lubilu88- 36lbs-24lbs

I struggle with hunger every afternoon but not done anything to knock me out of ketosis. I think it's the bars. I have porridge or rice pudding for breakfast and I am fine. And when I have my shake as hot choc in the evening I am fine, but in the afternoon when I have had a bar I could eat another 10. But I like them so don't want to give them up!

Hi Dawn! Glad to hear you're still going, and congrats on the loss and the lowest weight! It'll be worth being as controlled as you can be for social stuff.

Allneedles- I guess you have to balance whether the bars are worth it for the hunger! Only a decision you can make.

I'm on step 4 as of today and lost another 2 lbs in my week on Step 3, which I'm v happy about - now 2lbs away from goal!. Hoping for a lb on Step 4. I found I was able to push much harder at the gym this morning than I have been, guess its partly the extra food and partly that I'm building my fitness - either way, I'm a happy bunny! I really can't believe I've stuck the steps out, not long to go now!

How are the rest of you ladies?

Jo1989 29/12 - 2lbs - 30lbs
Soci 7/1 - 17lbs - 23lbs
Dawn 2/1 - 40lbs - 21lbs
Allneedles 5/1 - 32.5lbs - 9.5lbs
Lubilu88- 36lbs-24lbs

Not sure if everyone is up to date? Let me know if you're using the app and can't copy/paste yourself and I'll adjust it :)

You are doing brilliantly Jo!

Can you update me please? I have lost 20lbs now

Jo1989 29/12 - 2lbs - 30lbs
Soci 7/1 - 17lbs - 23lbs
Dawn 2/1 - 40lbs - 21lbs
Allneedles 5/1 - 22lbs - 20lbs
Lubilu88- 36lbs-24lbs

Where is everyone?? Or am I the only one sad enough to be on here on a Saturday night??

Hope you're all having fantastic weekends.

morning!

Jo, I was catching up with the sewing bee with my daughter last night.

nothing much planned today. Walk the dog, bit of housework and some knitting.

Ohh that's sounds nice :)

I have to say, I get so bored on the weekends when I'm on plan! I just associate Saturday evenings with dinner out or a takeaway and it's weird not having that. It's all worth it though, so I'll stop my whining!

Hi everyone,
I've just started my Cambridge Journey this morning after I met with my consultant yesterday, I'm really loving reading about your success. I'm 5'2" and weighing in at 11st8 after putting on 2 1/2 stone on in just over a year :( I've never done a shake type diet plan before but after a few months half heartedly trying various diets and seeing how amazing my consultant has done with her journey I thought I'd give it a go :) x

Last edited:
I love a takeaway at the weekend too. Went to the local pub yesterday and watched everyone eat steak and I had a bar and a glass of water.
Going to visit my sister today. Gonna take a shake and bar with me. x

hi loveluca you are in a similar position to me when I started. 5ft0 and weighing 11st11. I now halfway through my weight loss :)

well done for yesterday Bikini!! It's not fun watching others eat nice things. Even a decent cup of tea with milk would be nice!

I have just decided that I don't need the food. I want to lose the weight more.
Although I have to eat on Friday this week my best friend is getting married and I missed her hen do so we are having a night out together just gonna make the most sensible decisions I can. X

Hi Everyone. I start SS tomorrow. Around 4 St to lose. Helps to say it out loud and realise his isn't just about a few pounds!!

reading all the posts the last few days has been really motivational- now just got to do it!!!!

Well done everyone for getting through the weekend- it's always the toughest time!!! I had steak last night when I went out for dinner but just had spinach with it instead of the full works and it was actually really lovely anyway. Good to have a treat without going totally off track. Am shattered today really not looking forward to work tomorrow as it's quite stressful at the moment. Am kind of dreading barcelona food wise as I asked for special meals but was told they couldn't do them so it's going to make it ten times as hard to stick to the plan! Am going to go to the supermarket when I get there and hopefully buy some cooked chicken and stuff to keep me going rather than ending up shoving carbs in when i get hungry. Not sure when I'll be able to post next but wishing everyone luck for the next couple of weeks if I don't post!! Fingers crossed I will come back with good news!!

Have been really good all weekend hope it continues into the week. xx

Good luck in Barcelona Dawn! I'm sure you'll keep it up, after all, you know its worth it and how amazing you'll feel continuing to lose.

Bikini body - it sounds like your mindset has totally changed and you've taken control of the plan. Now you're there mentally you'll be flying. Really pleased for you :)

Back