January Restart

SunshineSlimmer

A new year, a new food diary, still the same old me!
Really trying to knuckle down and think positively about how I want to look and feel at the end of 2017. I don't want to waste another year of my 20's feeling low about myself, or hesitating to enjoy myself with my kids in case a fat roll pops out in public.

If you are in a similar boat and want some meal ideas or even to give advice/suggestions, feel free to sub. I will always comment back!

My weigh in is sat morning so my meal plan will run from Saturday for the week. This week's meal plan so far in the post below.

Cheers for reading

So Saturday 7th:
B: skipped as felt unwell. Green tea
L: homemade chicken veg and noodle soup
D: fillet salmon, mango salsa, salad, sweet potato fries
S: 1x maryland style cookie? 2.5 syns

Sunday 8th:
B: green tea, felt unwell again
L: fishcakes with salad 14 syns
D: cod fillet with vegetable stirfry and noodles
S:apple

Monday 9th:
B: 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, peppers and onions. 4 slices mango wrapped in parma ham.
L: salmon fillet with mango salsa and salad
D: cod fillet sweet potato fries, brocolli and peas
S: apple

Tuesday 10th:
B: 2x poached eggs (horrifically overdone)
1x wholemeal toast+butter 2.5 syn's
L: 2x fishcakes with baby boiled potatoes and salad (I'm not counting syn's for the fishcakes because they weren't breaded and they were oven cooked. I got them from the fishmonger so I wouldn't know where to begin synning them)
D: steak with onions sweet potato fries and salad
S: 2x cookies 5 syns

Weds 11th:
B: 2 poached eggs (cooked better this time)
1x wholemeal toast with butter 2.5 syns
L: seabass fillet with stir fry veg, noodles, garlic ginger and spring onion
D: popcorn 17 syns

Total syns so far this week: 43.5/75
Not the best week so far but getting into the rhythm for a super week next week.

It was cinema popcorn so I did some googling and that seemed to be the general consensus! I'd rather go for a higher number than fool myself with a lower one, if that makes sense! Good luck to you as well, we might get there this time!

It was cinema popcorn so I did some googling and that seemed to be the general consensus! I'd rather go for a higher number than fool myself with a lower one, if that makes sense! Good luck to you as well, we might get there this time!

I totally agree with you to go over. You've hardly synned other than that all week, so I am sure you will be just fine.
Yes we could be here some time but hopefully not too long :)

Okay, so today!
Feeling slightly guilty after the cinema last night because I ate a load of popcorn and didn't really enjoy it that much. So on best behaviour today and drinking plenty of water and green tea to combat the salt!

B: mixed berries and banana with Greek yoghurt (4 syns)
L: 2x homemade fishcakes with a heap of mixed veg (using the breadcrumbs as my hex b)
D: prawn curry with veggies and small portion of rice
S: freddo 5 syns

I know the freddo isn't strictly behaving, but I had an itch that needed to be scratched.

Here's a pic of breakfast, lovely light start to the day:

View media item 4771

Last edited:
Hi
If you are looking for the popcorn substitute then there are grab bag versions of metcalfes I think it is. I think its 17g packets in a 6 pack but I eat them when I want something savory but if I have a big bag its all over! Weirdly enough I saw some expensive popcorn in tesco finest range. They had white chocolate and ginger or something and had about the same calories as the sweet n salty I have which can't be right as that would make it the same syns and you get white chocolate which was lathered on rather than just a bit!

Hi
If you are looking for the popcorn substitute then there are grab bag versions of metcalfes I think it is. I think its 17g packets in a 6 pack but I eat them when I want something savory but if I have a big bag its all over! Weirdly enough I saw some expensive popcorn in tesco finest range. They had white chocolate and ginger or something and had about the same calories as the sweet n salty I have which can't be right as that would make it the same syns and you get white chocolate which was lathered on rather than just a bit!
Aw that Sounds amazing. I am going to drool about white Choc popcorn now. Ha!
No, I definitely think the next time I go to the cinema that I will be sneaking some snacks in with me. I didn't enjoy the cinema stuff enough to justify the calories, if that makes any sense at all. I will have to keep an eye out for metcalfes. Sweet and salty is my achilles heel!

Off to work now so I'm writing up my meal plan for the day!
So;
B: Choc protein oats with raspberries 5 syns
L: soup
D: Chicken with roasted veggies

Very conscious of my weigh in tomorrow and trying to behave myself!
Here's a pic of my proats. They looked and smelled amazing. Tasted like crap.
46db5359-b3a9-4a39-a23f-a0c4d561bbb9.jpg

Off to work now so I'm writing up my meal plan for the day!
So;
L: soup

Very conscious of my weigh in tomorrow and trying to behave myself!
Here's a pic of my proats. They looked and smelled amazing. Tasted like crap.
View attachment 185050

Lol. I mean I'm laughing at the way you described this delicacy but it's not at all funny that it was 5 syns!

Every day I do overnight oats with frozen berries and mullerlight but you do end up giving up the rest of the days hexb allowance for it.

Cmon try the zoats receipe I put up. Just ignore the color and use sweetener of its too sour for you. No syns either and tastes nice, promise.

My overnight oats are now just morning oats add they get mixed them I eat them. They are just a little bit more crunchy. I see a pattern of me taking short cuts going on here!
The oats can also be replaced with cous cous and you keep the hexb allowance for the rest of the day however when I do that I don't feel I do well in losses so avoid it if I can. Also cold cous cous is a texture that you have to be able to live with lol

Revised food for the day :rolleyes:

L: half a chicken and bacon salad (wasn't great, thanks work) and a bowl of mixed veggies
S: freddo 5 syns

Drink wise today I had 3 litres water, 3 mugs green tea and a normal tea. The bathroom is my second home!

So today's weigh in, drumroll please...

4.5 lbs :eek:
Colour me shocked. I think this could have been a bigger number if I had behaved myself at the cinema. I know people twnd to lose more during the first week, so trying not to be too happy about it.

My total syns for the week were 67.5/105 if I have mathed right. Definitely going to use more of them next week but more to bulk out my meals rather than treat myself with food.
So feeling very positive, only 65lbs more to go! :D

Total weight loss 4.5/69.5
Total syns 67.5/105
Total motivation for next week 11/10 :p

Also after reading tibbs and cynical girls thread, I think it's important to have mini goals and non scale victories. So here's my list for this month:
My mini goal- get to 14St 4.5/8.5lbs lost

Non scale goals:
Drink 3l water everyday
Fit comfortably into my size 16 jeans
Buy new work shoes
Buy an exercise bike

So today's food, minor disaster in that work was v busy so came home and didn't want to have a huge meal of my planned chilli. So had a toasty instead.

B: protein pancakes with Greek yoghurt and berries 11 syns
L: roasted chicken and veg
D: cheese toasty using hex a and b with 7 syns for an extra slice of bread and butter.

Bit over on syns today but I'm not going to worry overmuch about it as they were largely built into my meals. The protein pancakes came in high because they have a scoop of protein powder at 5 syns, a mashed banana at 5 syns and a dollop of Greek yoghurt at 1 syn. Truly delicious though, filling because of the protein and I really enjoyed them.

Back