Jaundice, Bowel blockage and fever...feeling a bit rubbish!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by roundrachel, 27 February 2009 Social URL.

1. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Aftre everything I've done to get myself healthy and well I'm now properly ill.

The last few weeks i've been feeling a bit off colour but thought it was just fatigue due to my running. But this week has been awful. I have no appetite (bonus that Im losing weight but for the wrong reasons!)

I've been to my GP three times as I've got severe abdomen pain, fever, haven't had a 'movement' since monday and as of yesterday my eyes and skin are both yellow.

The Dr doesn't know what it is and neither do I. I've not changed my diet and was getting levels of fitness back I've not had for years. It's so frustarting..my fundraising run was supposed to start on Sunday and I'm going to have to wait till I'm better now.

Has anyone ever had anything similar symptoms wise? I'm being tested for pretty much everything but won't get results for 2 weeks!!

:(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ameythist

Ameythist Full Member

just out of curiosity have your finger nails gone yellow?
    I do not have your symphtoms but they took a load of blood from me yesterday as my finger nails are yellow and nobody knows why!!!!!

4. roundrachel

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    no my fingernails are normal colour. They've said I'm deffo Jaundice. Just can't work out why and how it fits with my other symptoms. A medical mystery!

5. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Oh dear! that doesn't sound good, I hope you're ok and make sure you take it easy.

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I trust they have tested you for Hepatitis? I had this in the 80s, and it came on like a really horrible stomach ache, food, jst the thought was revolting. Zero energy, etc. Thats how it starts and you get much worse before it gets better. You are also jaunticed, etc.

Its not common to catch H these days, but can happen. I would trust they have looked at that.?

Hope you feel well soon.

7. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hope you find out what it is and make a quick recovery
    daisy x

8. roundrachel

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi BL. They're testing for Hepititis yes but I won't get the results for a few days yet. Don't really care what it is so long as there's a way to make it better! I feel rubbish!

9. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
  10. roundrachel

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Many thanks for the link Daisy. Gallstones were suggested today too but with so many symptoms I don't think the Dr wants to make too many suggestions without any evidence.
    I've had an ongoing abdominal pain for 18 months now so way before I satarted LL. Just trying not to look at too much on the internet for fear of scaring myself too much.
    Guess I just have to leave it to the experts. Just wish I could get the answers a bit quicker!

11. roundrachel

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    they call me mellow yellow....lol
    Still feeling really rubbish. Can't eat a thing-hooray! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.