Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Wish I had been at your BBQ Jay ~ your food sounds so scrummy! Well done on resisting all those naughties but HOW did you resist a chocolate fondue???????????? I don't think I could have! Hope you had a great day, bet you are knackered to-day though! Good luck with the rest of the week, you should be really pleased with yourself xx

Thanks so much Mary - believe me, the choc fondue was tough to resist but I didn't leave the marshmallows alone so I threw them away once the kids had finished, wasteful I know but I could have eaten sooooo many more!

Very very tired today, bit hit and miss with the food planning and it's mostly left over based but here goes;

Monday - EE

B - banana, 2 nectarines

L - left over bulgur wheat & tomato salad with left over tandoori chicken (sensing a theme here....)

Vanilla berry jelly terrine 1/2 syn

D - I'll be having left over salmon fillet with a huge salad and some roasted butternut squash and I would say more terrine as it's so nice so another 1/2 syn.

I "accidentally" ate a leftover cold burger while looking in the fridge 3 syns - b****y hell!!

So far then it's 4 syns and I have my B choice for supper. I think this will be 2 ryvita fruit crunch, these are lovely!

Thanks Mary - I'm quite hopeful for a loss tonight, a pound would be great, any more is a bonus, I've been very good so it will be deserved! Enjoy your bbq, it's great when you can control the food!

Tuesday 30th EE

Most of my days seem to be EE at the mo...

B - Hi Fi bar (B choice on the road - early start!) Nectarine

L - Tuna and bean salad & grapes

D - Really not sure, it's WI night so may fall a bit off track and as it's so hot I can't be bothered with ages in the kitchen.....I quite fancy a pizza from Tesco, I do like their spinach and ricotta one......:eek:

WI at 1730, will update later......

Two pounds off - back to target!!

Woop woop guys - I lost two pounds this week taking me right back to target! :D

Got to carry on, I would so love to drop a couple below......

:woohoo: well done you! That's sensational. I am jealous!

Fab x x

Hey Jay, just reading your diary, you have been really good so 2lb is well deserved. I may well have to copy some of your menus as they sound delish! x

Thank you so much girlies!! I'm pleased with myself, just hope it continues. I promised myself fish n chips after the Race for Life but not sure if I'll have it now, I want to continue my good work - I'll see what Sunday brings....

Wednesday 1st EE

B - banana chopped into a vanilla & choc mullerlight (sf)

L - tuna and bean salad (home made), grapes, 2 nectarines

D - ahh, tonight is a tricky one :-( I'm going out for tea to someone's house and have no idea what the food will be so I haven't had my B choice incase there are sandwiches and I haven't had any syns incase there is cake and I've made the day EE so I can have meat and carbs!

This is what makes EE so flexible, I'm quite liking it now.

Well, Andy Murray calls so will update later.

Well, last night wasn't too bad - little tiny smoked salmon canapes - had 4 which didn't even amount to half a slice of bread! Then had ham and egg salad, resisted the pork pie (that was hard :p) and had a small brown bread roll so that was my B choice.

Missed dessert (trifle) as i nipped to the loo and when I came back it was all gone - what a bonus :D

finished with coffee and a tiny little chocolate cake.

So, I reckon that was not even 15 syns all told and a good evening was had by all!

Thursday 2nd - EE

B - 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEX B) with sliced banana

L - bacon, baked beans and "fried" left over new potatoes (made extra on purpose so I could do this!)

D - will be courgette and pea pasta with my own lovely homegrown courgettes and hopefully some peas from the garden too :D A tbsp of parmesan for 2.5 syns (i think!) and served with green salad.

Mid afternoon snack - chopped up nectarine, handful of blackcurrants and FF natural yoghurt.

Syns - revels 8.5. total syns today 11

I need to go shopping tonight, I have no fruit or yogs left to snack on and it's killing me to keep out of the cookie jar... keep drinking lots of water to stop me picking. I'd love another good week this week but the week is yet young, there's time to fall yet....:p

Last edited:
Bring on the weekend, still going strong!

Feeling full of beans today, it's cooled down a little and the rain has cleared the air. Ready for a lovely weekend of lovely food! Oh and it's the Race for Life on Sunday which I'm looking forward too.

Friday 3rd EE

B - banana & strawbs with FF natural yog

L- salmon fillet with a huge salad

D - home made pork burgers (managed to get some extra lean pork mince last night in the reduced bay :)) with new potatoes and french beans and more salad.

B choice to be decided later, probably some ryvita for supper

Syns - I have some pink and whites in the cupboard so will have some of those with my evening cuppa. Hmm, couldn't wait so have eaten 3 of these already whilst watching tennis 7.5 syns :mad:

To counteract this I have now got a punnet of cherries, not one of the big ones which gave me a tummy ache the other day, just a little £1 from tesco!! :)

Trying to be good with my syns Fri/Sat as I really want to have some fish down the beach on Sunday after the run and would like to eat "some" of the batter! :D

Last edited:
Have a fantastic run tomorrow - let us know how you get on. I bet you beat my time!!!! :D

x

Hmm, not as good as I should/could have been over the weekend

Okay, so it's passed me by in a bit of a blur, foodwise hasn't been too bad but I haven't stuck completely to plan. Sat and Sun were both EE, just like the rest of the week really. It's so flexible and easy to stick to but..... it's also very easy to creep off plan and have an extra B or 2 :sigh: which is what I did.

Anyway, it wasn't so bad, just extra bread on Saturday and some revels and on Sunday after the Race for Life (which was fab albeit H-O-T!) I did have some fish and peas from the chip shop which were lush!! Then last night I had an extra B choice Hi Fi bar.

So, all in I've gone over on my syns this weekend but hopefully it's not done too much damage. I'm rambling now, I don't like it when I go a bit awry......

Hmm :mad:

PS Hellie - I didn't even come near your time let alone beat it!! We were 8 mins slower than you! I say it's cos of the heat (and the kids.....) :)

Monday 6th EE

B - Hi Fi bar (hex B) banana

L - chicken salad with small jacket potato, strawbs (half a punnet) banana

D - courgette and pea risotto with lemon and mint (yummy :D) served with salad

syns - already had a cookie :mad: 7 syns, I really MUST stop baking these but they are soooooo nice.

I think I will make a quiche in a bit as I know I will want some supper later and don't want to continue my weekend trend of sneaking a second B choice in. Grr....

I need to get weighed tomorrow and get back on it. I started the week really postitively but the weekend has been my undoing. Oh well, it's done, next week is not yet started :eek:

Back