Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Thanks Mary - I did hope for more but tbh at this stage I can't expect 3 or 4 pounds!!

Still sticking with it big time this week, I have 2 more WI's before I go on holiday so would love to lose another 2lb in that fortnight (a long shot but I'll try.....) This will take me to 3 under target and gives me a great saftey net for when I'm eating Cream Teas each day in Cornwall ;-)

Wednesday 15th Red

B - melon and banana with FF natural yoghurt

L - home made courgette soup with 2 slices small bread (HEX B)

D - Summer Lamb Stew (Lamb, aubergine, onion, garlic, tomatoes, lemon, parsley and harissa paste cooked slowly) served with a HEX B choice of new potatoes

A choice is milk in coffee (had 2 already.....)

Syns -42g cadbury's chocolate raisins 9 syns

Snacks small bowl of bacon salad and some cherries

Last edited:
Wooooooooooohoo! 1½ is brilliant for you chuckie egg ;)

You know what, I might even rep you for it! :p

Still full of resolve for a good week but the weekend is approaching and we have a barbeque to go to so that could be a bit of a spanner in the works!!

Thursday 16thEE

B - bit of a grazing breakfast! Banana, peach, some grapes and a FF yoghurt

L - roast chicken and mixed salad with new potatoes, FF yoghurt

D - Home made spicy meatballs with a tomato and courgette sauce and salad

Syns - 3 rich tea biscuits (6) Hi fi bar (6)

A choice is milk
B choice is 4 ryvita topped with quark, toms and red onion

Last edited:
Friday 17th EE

B - 2 poached eggs on toast (HEX B) spread with quark and lots of fresh cherry tomatoes

L - home made courgette soup, banana and FF yoghurt

D - "Pastico" which is basically bolognaise base topped with cooked pasta mixed with quark, eggs, cheese and herbs piled on top and baked in the oven until crispy. Served with salad

Really looking forward to this, I haven't made it before and luckily it's something all 3 of us will eat too! :D

Syns -

Hmm that Pastico sounds delicious! Will have to give that a bash..thanks Huni!

Morning all, another week begins :)

The weekend has kinda been written off, I wasn't too bad food wise but treat wise OMG!!

Went to a barbie on saturday, I was good with the meat - just had salmon, chicken and pork and salads, no bread or sausages etc but the cakes and desserts....... those of you who know me from here will know that my resolve is normally strong but not on saturday!!! Oh well....

Sunday started well with an SW friendly cooked breakfast, no lunch just a bowl of leftover mixed salad and dinner was a chicken and bean bake (free) but I had 2 fairy cakes and a slice of birthday cake throughout the day.

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend but now have only a day to remedy some of the damage so starting the day with pineapple and melon! I don't know any idea of the damage, I have a new bathroom floor and the scales are saying I have put 5lb on, I know it's not that much - that's too much damage for a weekend, I do that amount in a week on holiday!!!

Monday 20th Red

B - fresh pineapple and melon with FF yoghurt

L - Egg salad

D - Roast chicken breast wrapped in bacon served with a HEX B choice of new potatoes and roasted veg with cajun seasoning

A - Milk

B - New pots & Hifi bar

Syns - trying not to have any!! Hmm - ended up having 2 weetabix late on as I was hungry and didn't want any more fruit (6 syns) and a teacake (boo hoo about 10 syns)

Last edited:
That 5lbs is SO definitely the new floor...a few measly bits of cake isn't going to make you gain that much xxx

Oh...and how did your Pastichio turn out? I love it, but haven't even thought about making it on SW, but if I do an EE day, I could easily...ooooooh. How did you make yours? Did you make a white sauce using HeA milk? *questions questions*

Last edited:
Thanks girls
:)

I'm just wanting to get this official WI out of the way, I've eaten a little bit of rubbish but no way 5lbs worth!! Oh and it feels like star week is approaching (iykwim....) so feel bloated from that. Grr, another week begins....

Well well, the results are in and I am officially p****d off, I gained 3 1/2 lbs!I never ever gain this much, this is so not food girls!! It's maybe a pounds worth of foods but the rest has got to be hormonal. This may be TMI (so sorry) but I don't normally suffer with AF however I feel dreadfully bloated and swollen so it has got to be this.

Really gutted after I worked so hard to lose last week and I can't be 100% as we are away this weekend.

So, the thread title says it all - I'm going to do Success Express every day that I can (so basically excluding Sat/Sun). Sat here now with a consolidation pizza (I know.....) and feeling very very sorry for myself.

On a positive note, tomorrow is my 1st year at target :)

Nooooooo!!! If you're feeling swollen and bloated, then that's totally it. And partly poo, obviously.

Don't go too nuts with the SE - it will work wonders but don't stress too much. Once your lady visitor has gone, she'll take some pesky lbs with her.

And...ahem...a year at target?! Congratu-flipping-lations!

Enjoy the pizza! What toppings?

Thanks so much lovely Hellie, what would I do without you lot on here.

I'm having Tesco finest mozarella and sunblush tomatoes. Yum!!

Awww Jay (((hugs))) ~ your gain will be that nasty AF, once she disappears so will your gain ~ I know you say that you don't normally gain with her visit but each month can be different, I know it is for me!

CONGRATULATIONS on your first anniversary of being at target ~ that is something to be very proud of ~ enjoy that delicious sounding pizza! xx

Okay, so - lets start Year 2 at target :D with a Success Express day

Wednesday 22nd SE

B - Bacon & Beans (1/3) with scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes (2/3)

L - Cold salmon fillet (1/3) with a huge salad

D - cajun spiced pork & pepper kebabs (1/3) (cooked on the bbq if it doesn't rain!) served with roasted courgettes and butternut squash (2/3)

A - milk
A -
B - HiFi bar
B - 4 ryvita spread with quark and tomatoes

Snacks (all have to be superfree) - banana Activia FF yoghurt x2

Syns - 3 rich tea biscuits 6

Last edited:
Thursday 23rd SE

B - mixed berries with one weetabix crumbled on top (3 syns)

L - Salmon (1/3) and salad (2/3) FF yoghurt and banana

D - Roast chicken(1/3) with italian style courgettes and roast squash and carrots (2/3)

A - milk
A - milk (starbucks)
B - Hi fi bar
B - 2 rvita (SS!) with cottage cheese

Syns - 1 weetabix (3) 1 tiny weeny little cake my daughter made (and I mean tiny!) 4 syns Total 7 syns

As my breakfast was a free meal, I could have another plate of 1/3 2/3 but I'm not going to. Trying to be as good as possible as we are away this weekend!

Last edited:
Back