Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

Thank you so much ladies. I'm just wallowing in my own self pity really.
I think I will weigh myself a 28g piece of christmas cake and have the 5 syns worth with a cup of tea.
What would I do without you girls. You rule! xx

New Year's Eve 2009 - as my 4th year of SW approaches I'm trying a fresh start to SW and going to do exclusively EE as per my previous posts. The decision has been made!!!

Breakfast - smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and fresh tomatoes. Yum.

Lunch - turkey stew - turkey, lentils, green beans, onions, carrots, potatoes and stock. The turkey has now all gone!!

Dinner - I'm out tonight and there will be a buffet of fine foods so I will try my very best to choose the best options and steer clear of the puddings. I know I'll have to pay next week as 4lb is too much to ask for but I do hope to lose 2 or 3 so need to stay on track!

My A choice is milk and I'm not having a B choice or any syns to give me a bit of breathing space tonight!

Happy New Year to all.

I love EE Jay, it doesn't feel like you are on a diet! I really can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

Have a lovely evening and Happy New Year xx

NYE wasn't too bad foodwise, I had a couple of treats but nothing too excessive and I think about 25 syns was the damage.

Jan 1st's food

A = milk B = cheese

Lunch (got up too late for breakfast!!) - 2 eggs, 3 sausages (3 syns) mushrooms and tomatoes.

Dinner - home made burgers, fried onions, SW wedges and salad

syns - err 6 quality street (they've all gone now) and 3 ryvita crackerbread.

I've gone over on my syns a bit. Oops.

Saturday 2nd January

Brunch - 1 poached egg, rocket, mushrooms, ham and tinned tomatoes

Snack - summer fruits berries and a vanilla & choc mullerlight (5 for a quid in Tesco!!)

Dinner - corned beef hash, made with lean corned beef (3 syns), tomatoes, spring onions and mashed potato. Served with baked beans.

syns -

A - milk B - cheese (on hash)

Last edited:
I keep troughing on the leftover chocs as well. I have asked OH to hide them and he just moved them slightly...lol!

Sunday 3rd

Brunch - 2 eggs, 2 bacon, tomatoes and beans

Snack - apple and banana

Dinner - 2 eggs, SW chips and mushy peas. 2 small bread (B)

Syns - christmas cake 5 2 rich tea 4

Edit - I then finished off the cake and had chocolate. Hmm. It's ALL gone now.

Last edited:
Monday 4th Jan

First full week of another year!

Breakfast - banana and muller yoghurt

Lunch - home made minestrone soup, apple

Dinner - sausage casserole made with 3 tesco sausages (3 syns) butter beans, carrot, swede, onion and tinned tomatoes.

Syns - 3 rich tea (6) small amount light philly (3?)

A - milk B - 6 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread

Last edited:
I need to take some money to WI tonight!!

For the first time in 18 months I'm going to have to pay!! :sigh:
I'm going to treat tonight as a fresh start and go for it big time this week. Every little thing will be weighed and measured. Although I started (kind of) sticking to it this week I've gone over on my syns and not really counted everything I ate, the meals have been fine but not the rest.
Anyway, this is my FIRST week of SW (in my little head), the meals are planned, the shopping is ordered and I'm raring to go. I may even lower my target to 9st7lb so I get a proper kick up the bum but I'm not sure on that yet, still pondering!!

Enough waffling.....

Tuesday 5th Jan

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, 2 grilled bacon and 2 small toast.

Lunch - pink grapefruit. Banana chopped into a banana custard mullerlight.

Dinner - Baked potato with mixed bean chilli and salad. Cheese (B)

Syns -

Woo! Go you! :D
Let us know how you get on tonight - good luck.
I reckon my class will be cancelled tomorrow because of the snow, which isn't a good thing!

I lost one and half! Happy with that, not 100% on plan so pleased. Bought the new pack, listened to the talk and ready and raring to go!!

Woooooohooo yay fab! Think that's a great result chicky. I am so glad you're on actual effort :D
x

Day 1 of this new member - I'm even doing my actual SW food diary I got in my new pack!!! And I'm following every rule to the letter too.

Wednesday 6th

Breakfast - 3 bacon, 2 eggs, tinned tomatoes (1/3)

Lunch - jacket potato with bean chilli (1/3 tomatoes and salad). Mullerlight

Dinner - Carbonara - pasta, bacon, eggs FF fromage frais. Salad leaves and tomato (1/3). Cheese 6 syns.

A - milk B - 6 crackerbread (with ham & tomato)

Syns - hot choc 1.5 cheese 6 Light philly 2 total 9.5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 7th - getting really fed up with the snow now!

Breakfast - summerfruits berries (SF) with FF natural yoghurt

Lunch - 2 egg omelette with 21g RF cheese (3) tomatoes, onion, pepper and served with mixed leaves (1/3 SF)

Dinner - Homity Pie (from the mag) served with carrot (onion, carrot, leek SF) Syns for cheese 6

Supper - 6 Ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (B) with ham and tomato

Syns - 9 for cheese!!!

Last edited:
Day 3 of Actual Effort! The weekend is upon us, the kids are STILL of school (Grr...), need to keep up the Actual Effort plan over the weekend.

Friday 8th January

Breakfast - Summerfruits berries and FF Fromage Frais. Banana.

Lunch - Jacket potato with mixed bean chilli (toms, carrot, pepper, onion SF) and lettuce and pepper on the side. Cheese 3 syns.

Dinner - Kofta curry (from the mag) with SW chips. I'll make a tomato and onion salad to go with it for some superfree foods and it has veg and toms in it too.

Syns 3 cheese 1.5 dark hot choc 4 celebrations 8 (those my daughter doesn't like!) total 12.5

Last edited:
hey hun, just catching up after ages away!! Congratulations on the loss, it sounds like you are determined!

I hope you have a great weekend and you keep up the actual effort over the weekend! x

Back