Jelly

Jax77

I have been trying to make jelly with the mix a mousse and water flavours but it hasn't really worked, is it ok to use gelatine instead of mix a mousse?

Good question - will be interested to see a reply. (BTW what happened when you tried to make a jelly?!)

It didn't dissolve properly and was a bit lumpy, I had similar problems making shakes into a mousse, So I think it was just user error :sigh:

Hi Jax77, I regularly make jelly (almost every other day!) and dont know what I would do without it!! It's yummy and gr8 with tetra ice-cream! (big kid I know with my jelly & ice-cream love!) :eek:

I use, 1.5 spoons of mix-a-mousse, a small spoon of water flavouring and one pint of water, put everything in a bowl (powders 1st then water on top) and then mix it all up with a handheld blender for a few minutes. It's normally ready within about 3-4 hrs time in the fridge, but best if left overnight.

i'm not sure about the other types of gelatine but I hope that helps a little :) xxx

Hi Anaya,

Thank you for the tips. I will get some more mix a mousse at my next weigh in and try again. :)

I love tetra ice cream too, I make mine into ice lollies so I can have more than one flavour :eek:

Back