jemima needs your help

jemima

haven't been on for ages (still been reading tho)
i'm close to tears today after seeing some photos of myself. I have around 5 stone to lose and i've spent years messing around. The problem is i've convinced myself i look ok(ish) and I'm so used to eating lots of food that when i try to be good I'm ravenous. How does everyone else organise their day eating- wise, i get up a seven and eat breakfast straight away. Lunch is usually around twelve and then the problem starts..... if I try and wait till sixish for my main meal i feel like i could eat my own hand by three!!! Having a snack like a banana doesn't really touch the sides!! so then i start eating sandwiches , chocolate etc. and want to give up because I'm such a failure. How long do you all go between meals? have you any ideas for FILLING snacks? would love to hear how you all do it and if its only me that can easily get through 30+ points a day when I should be having 24:(

i am on 21points a day and this seems enough. Rather than using up points atthe beginning of the day what ive done today is had a tub of chopped melon, apple,satsuma then a weight watchers toffee yoghurt...this all totals 3 points?

I also have bought the weightwatchers carrot cake slices which are one point each, i will prob have one of them between 1 and 5 which is when ill have my tea but i will have 17 points left to use for my dinner tonight and snacks. Quite happy drinking bottled water so means i can use more on my food tonight when i know ill be starving!

If anyone wants to correct me on this routine then feel free but the fruit counts as breakfast which is something i normally dont have.

Hope some if not all of this info helps?

With any new plan you are going to feel hungry while your body gets used to less i guess. make no point things if you are feeling really deprived, no point mushroom curry and add any other free veg to bulk it out, no point veg soup is a really filling one. Have butternut squash as mash or chips to bulk out your meals its no points.

Look for things really low in points, quorn shepherds pie is a mssive 500g pack and is 5points for the lot and is really filling and i have that with a bag of steam fresh veg.

Hope this helps x

I would agree with the zero point veg soup. Its really filling and u can eat as much of it as u want!!x

anyone got recipes??? mushroom curry sounds good as long as it isnt tooooo hot! haha i love mash potato but not sure bout squash?

I started with 25 points and breaskfast would be 3 bits of toast, sweet tea (sweetner though :) lunch would be chicken,turkey or tuna and i would have it in the afternoon and simillar in the evening with new pots though. I tended to keep things simple but make sure it was really filling.

And thern i would tske the dog out or a walk and with the bonus points i would eat choccy"

unless my walk is very brisk and quite long i wont add bonus points on as i dnt want to risk not havin dun enuff exercise

I buy sainsbury value Crunchy Salad. Its 69p for the whole bag. I chuck it in a bowl and mix in 2 tblsp of Hellmans ELF mayo. Only 0.5pts for the lot. And its very filling. The salad is 90% chopped red and green cabbage so its basically home made coleslaw.
Yum!

when i used to do weight watchers for my breakfast i used to have eggs and soldiers with 2 eggs and 3 slices of either nimble,weight watchers or invisible crust bread all at which are 1n half points values and the 2 eggs at 3 points. and i had this about 9am. (altogether thats 4 and half pts) For lunch i would take into work some zero points soup, (usually enough for 2) and have that about 1pm i always took a half point yogurt and a piece of fruit to eat at about half 3-4 just to curb the hunger and jutst to give me a bit more energy before tea that is a points total of 2 points. For tea i would make tarragon chicken (not the receipe you get in the magazines or cook books, i altered it to make it less points) in the book it says its 7 or 8 points.

Instead of using chicken thighes i use
2 skinless chicken breasts 2.5 - 3 points each
100g of charlotte potatoes 1 point
onion 0 point
veg stock cube 0 point
Tarragon 0 point
3 carrots 0 points
I would weigh out the rice using weight watchers scales to 2.5 to 3 points
I would then cook to the book instructions. My version is only a points value of 6.5 - 7 points. If im correct i think the books version was without rice. Hope this helps oh and i was on a points allowence of 24 so in a day i had 14 points and i would also have a pudding or a treat with the points i had left. I also found beans on toast a good filler upper :) good luck

oh i forgot to say thats for 2 people. as for the rice its based on 1 person servings.

Thanks for all your replies, i'll definitely get some quorn shepherds pie as i've had it before and it was gorgeous. I survived yesterday and i'm feeling more positive today. I drank plenty water and had some zero point soup so that managed to fill me up. Think i will have to cut down on the alcohol as when i have a drink i really have a drink.. if you know what i mean....lose count of the points. Thanks again for all your replies, I'll take them all on board and look forward to the mushroom curry recipe.:D

I'm not on WW but I do understand what you mean. Have you tried drinking instead as this can often fill you up and keep you going for a bit longer.

Good luck hun, and please don't feel like a failure as you are trying to do something positive and should be congratulated xxxx

. Have you tried drinking instead as this can often fill you up and keep you going for a bit longer.

Yeah, upped my water intake yesterday felt much better (I'm presuming you ment that and not vodka!!!!) lol!
You look absolutely flippin gorgeous! How did you lose all your weight and what gave you the motivation to stick to it when times got tough?

LOL, vodka would be alot more fun though!! ;)

Thank you! I did a VLCD hun which for me was what I needed as it was quick and motivation was high. Keep reminding yourself of what it is you want to achieve and try imagining how it will feel when you get there.

Little and often seems to help with hunger now I am back to regular eating, I eat about 8 times through the day

xxx

i can't add anything that the others haven't said already hon. I just wanted to wish you luck. and like Porgeous says, you are to be congratulated on what you are doing. You are making positive changes and there is always a learning curve. You are getting the help and support that you need and you are well on your way!! here's to a new and slimmer you :D

abz xx

Thanks for the support girls, coming on here and reading everyones threads does give me the determination to stick to my points all day:) Probably wont be on til tomorrow now as by the time I get chance later OH will have hogged the PC playing poker! But will let you all know how it's going... one day at a time and all that.... make that an hour!

yesterday went ok. had crispy pancakes with wedges and salad for tea. It was delicious and only 7 points. Have noticed that i spend most of my points snacking so today i am going to have three larger meals and see if I can get out of the snacking habit.... will let you know :) By the way around 11 o'clock last night OH asked me to put him a pizza in the oven. It smelt delicious ( ham and pinapple ) when he asked me would I like a slice I said no and actually meant it !!! How good am I?

Mmm crispy pancakes!!!! Which wedges??

Back