laceandlunges

So, I am Jen and I have 100 lbs to lose. Or rather HAD 100 lbs to lose, I am almost a third of the way there.

I first joined Slimming World in April 2015, on the one year countdown to my wedding. I lost three stone by August 2015 when I went to see family abroad. I looked drastically different (even though I still had four stone to lose before I became 'healthy') and lapped up the compliments. I'm not going to lie, I felt amazing on that holiday, but I lost all motivation when I came home. I lost almost another stone by October 2015 but then my group closed and I changed jobs in the same week. My new workmates tempt me with the local Chinese noodle bar every damn day, and after work drinks every bloody Friday (the drinks are harder to resist). A new group has opened near me on Saturday mornings and so it is time to rejoin.

Anyhow, on my wedding day (2nd April 2016 - best day ever - should be in the history books!) I was three stone lighter than my heaviest weight. In the four weeks since getting married I have gained exactly one stone.

We are at the beginning of a new month and I can almost taste the summer (it tastes like sangria and tapas) so it's time to get back to it and shift this chub for good.

In order to lose weight we should Eat Less Move More, right?

So Phase Two of OPERATION: Hefty Over-eater Turned Weightlifting Irresistible Fitness Enthusiast, or OPERATION: HOT WIFE as I'm calling it, has began. I have a gym membership and I've signed up to run a 5k.

:whacky068:

Last edited:
You can do it chick! Sounds like you have an amazing year ahead of you.

Dating

My husband and I are 'Alphabet Dating' for our first year of marriage. Every two weeks we take it in turns to organise a date, with the first one beginning with a, then b, c, d etc.

Last night was Date C and we went to a local comedy club. I've debated whether I can link this back to 'weight loss' as the amount of food and drink I consumed definitely won't help with that, but I've been (almost) too hungover to eat today so swings and roundabouts ay?

The date was fantastic. The main act was blind and so hilarious. I would most definitely recommend going to a comedy club it's a great night out.

I'll leave you with a joke...

My mother asked me to install a water feature. I said "Well"

Monday

I've discovered a tasty breakfast which doesn't use up both Healthy Extras!! I mix half a muller light yogurt (banana and custard works best) with 35g Dorset Cereals Nutty Muesli, and only one healthy extra used, bam, cheese for days!

Except, this morning my yogurt spat at me so now I have to be in work all day with yellow spots all over me. Typical Monday.

Tuesday

Today marks the three month countdown to my holiday!!!

Last night, I celebrated by having second helpings of pasta and meatballs (Slimming World, of course) so yeah, that's how things are going. Slowly.

Lunch

I got a text from my consultant to see how my week was going, so instead of the jacket potato with (more than a healthy extras allowance of) cheese, beans and about 12 syns of coleslaw I had been dreaming of all morning, I went to Subway to get a 2 syn salad.

So far, not too bad... THEN as I'm carrying my salad back to work someone asked me where the nearest Chinese restaurant was, which just happens to be on the ground floor of my office building, and boom: I'm thinking about Chinese food all day.

So, up yours hungry man, thanks for asking the fat girl carrying a salad about Chinese food. I hope your salt and pepper wings were too spicy, no actually I hope they had ran out of wings and you couldn't have any either.

Sorry for the rant... It's a really good restaurant!

Hugs hun xxx

Breakfast for Lunch

I hate the whole having to work full time just to pay your bills so that you can eat, and have somewhere to live, and ya know, live life in general. Work has been so busy lately that I barely have any time to eat (probably why I lost weight last week come to think of it).

For the second time in as many weeks I haven't had time to eat my breakfast until I've realised it's past 12pm.

I had 35g Dorset Cereals Nutty Muesli (Healthy Extra B) with a caramel and peanut muller light yogurt and an apple for speed. And bloody tasty it was too.

Here to follow...your doing great, on warmer days I have my porridge with muller lights then I can have cheese for my omelettes.

Unexplained Absence

Sorry if any of you noticed I was missing, we all know what's happening when someone stops posting... And, yes, I fell off the wagon.

I rejoined Slimming World yesterday, a new group and consultant because my old one has closed (again - I think I'm jinxed) but some of the same people. It was like walking into an Aunties kitchen, comfortable and familiar.

I weighed in at 17 stone and 10.5 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. I can't dwell on the past because I'll end up feeling frustrated about the hard work I put in before. So, I'm taking my first steps back on the path to target.

100 lbs to go.

Back