Jen83 diary- STS this week grrrrrr

Lol Jen thats really weird that you had a kebab followed by a crunchie yesterday as i done the exact same on Friday, and its the first time i've had either for ages.
I never relised kebabs were so low in points it was only 4 for a chicken shish, yum yum.
Good luck for your weigh in tommorrow you'll do fine. x

Good luck for this week xx

Well weighed myself this morning and i've lost 1lb. I'm now 9 stone 7! This is my first lb down on ww after switching from cambridge and i'm made up. I'm going to set myself a target of 2lbs for next week.
Whats everyones bodyfat percentage like? Mine is still 28% which I think is still quite high i'd like to get it down to under 24% I know that exercise is the key to this so hopefully my gym sessions will see it come down steadily.
Not much else to report really. I'm going to save some points tomorrow so I can treat myself to a couple of pancakes with splenda and lemon tomorrow evening oooh yummmmm X x x

well done! that's a great result especially after coming from Cambridge! Well done!

Thanks Jen
Well nothing much to report really, i went to the gym yesterday morning and will go again Saturday morning. I made 5 ap yesterday and used 2 so i've got 3 left. My sister is up from Bournemouth so we are going out tonight, just to nandos and then bowlinmg so i'm going to have a look in my eating out guide in a bit and choose something in advance. Hope everyones having a good week. X x x

nandos isnt too bad for points, so i hope you have a lovely time :) well done on your 1lb off - i understand where you are coming from after losing all your weight - i'm nowhere near as close to goal as you but when you were talking about feeling upset that your chocolate cravings havent left, i really knew where you were coming from. I think WW will make us learn to live with those rather than try and rid us of them which is good - i don't want to have to give up everything tasty!

again, really well done :) xxx

Well had a bad night last night and kept dipping into a box of maltesers so I went over my points. I've been to the gym this morning though and earned 5ap and been clering out my garden this afternoon. Only problem is I have been munching on minstrels since I got home from the gym as my dad came round with a big bag grrrrr. I'm so annoyed with myself. Fingers crossed i've not done too much damage. Back on the straight and narrow from now, but i'll probably sts this week, and it my own fault X x x

Cinema size bags of sweets are killer to my weight loss as well. think you just eaten back that 5 points erned in the gym so might be a loss insted of a STS this week:). Good luck:)

Whats everyones bodyfat percentage like? Mine is still 28% which I think is still quite high i'd like to get it down to under 24% I know that exercise is the key to this so hopefully my gym sessions will see it come down steadily.

Well done on the 1lb off. It is difficult shifting gears from a vlcd to normal food - for me, though, I know that when I eat c**p, i just want more of it - sugar makes you want sugar, fat makes you want fat - and when we were on the vlcd there was very little of either so didn't crave it - if that makes sense?

Your bodyfat sounds ok to me actually - and you are right, building up muscle is the way to cut down on the fat while keeping your weight pretty much the same. I am working on that too so will watch your progress with interest. My bodyfat is still at 30% (came down to 29.9 one day and I was ecstatic) I dread to think what it was before I lost 3 stone :eek:

Well another lb gone this week and i'm thanking my lucky stars as I went over my points by quite a lot on 2 days last week. choc should be banned lol. I think all of the exercise I did must have compensated.
I'm so tired at the minute, but i'm going to try and keep busy today as if I just mope around I know i'll be more tempted to eat. Got loads to do around the house anyway as nothing gets done at the start of the week whilst i'm at work.
Did a couple of sections of my Charlie Brookes dvd last night I was too tired to do anymore and i'm going to go to the gym tonight. How much exercise do you all do? I go to the gym twice a week for 90 mins each time and i do my charlie brookes dvd 2-3 times a week too. I really would love to start cutting down on the dvd as I feel like i'm a slave to exercise at the minute, but if I stop I may not lose at all, as i'm only managing 1lb a week with all of the exercise. Do you think just the gym sessions will be enough? X x x

Well done on the 1lb this week :) ...

I think you are doing plenty of exercise. If you feeling a bit fed up I recommend stopping doing DVDs and do Gym sessions only. I think it is important to enjoy exercises because it makes easier to stick to your routine. It is better if you do Gym sessions, give 100% of your energy three times a week and feel positive about what you are doing:)

Hi Jen, when your bmi is as low as yours is then I suppose the weight loss will slow down quite a bit.

You will also be toning up quite a lot doing the exercise and so may not be seeing the weight loss as much as you are seeing your body change shape.

If you lose another 10lbs, your bmi will be right on the bottom edge of the normal range - and maybe you have reached your equilibrium weight range where it will be harder to go any lower.

Are you happy with the size you are now?

Hi LRO, Well done on what you have achieved you've done amazing.
Well i'm still nowhere near happy with my size tbh, but i don't even know if i'll be happy once another 10lbs are off. I think I might need to learn to be more accepting of myself. At the start of my weight loss journey I would have taken a size 12 without hesitation, but now i'm here I really would love to be a size 10, however if thats not achievable by the time a further 10lbs have gone then i'm not prepared to go any lower to reach it. Hopefully all the workouts will help me along the way too. We really are never happy are we.
With regards to the exercise i'm going to stick with the gym workouts as I really enjoy these and just cut down the dvd's. I think I need to carry on with what i'm going to be able to sustain into the future rather than pushing myself to lose the final 10lbs only to put it back on once i reduce the exercise. X x x

Well had an ok last couple of days. I went over On Wednesday but earned 5 ap in the gym so that should balance it out. Its the constant snacking during the day that does it for me. I really need to stay away from the kitchen. I've made up a sugar free jelly and I have strawberries in if i get the urge today.
Hopefully meeting up with some friends tomorrrow night for a meal and a few drinks at frankie and Bennys. Think i'm going to have the peppered salmon salad and a few malibu and diet cokes. Its been ages since we have all had a catch up so hopefully should be a good night. I'll be going to the gym in the morning to earn a few points for the malibu lol.
Hope you all have a great weekend X x x

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Well I went out last night to Frankie and Bennys and I had pasta marinara (9 points) and 4 malibu and diet cokes. i actually only used 18.5 points for the whole day which is only half a point over for the day and I earned 5 ap yesterday at the gym too.
Fingers crossed for a lb down this week, but if I sts then so be it. Would be disappointing though as i've stuck to plan pretty much this week. I've got to get everything into perspective though I only have 10lbs to lose now so I'm not in a massive rush to lose it. Will feel fantastic to be at goal though. X x x

Well done on the exercise front and sticking to (pretty much) your points when you went out with your mates.

See, we can have a life and lose weight. Result.

I know what you mean about being happy with our shape/size - sometimes we have to accept that some of the lumps and bumps just wont go away no matter how much thinner we get and just learn to love them. x:D

I sts this week. I can't really understand why though as last week i stuck to plan the best I have done and i did plenty of exercise too. I actually think that maybe I need to up my daily points allowance as I seem to lose when I eat more and when I did the points questionnaire I put myself down as sitting most of the day which isn't strictly true as i'm running round after my 2 dd's and I work 2 days. I'll see what result I get next monday and if i still sts then i'll think about upping the points by 1 a day to see if that helps.
Do many of you attend a class? i know i'm close to goal but i'm thinking a class might help to keep me focused?
I had a big bag of maltesers last night and went over my points. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it as I know i'm in this for life now its not a quick fix solution. Would be lovely to see a lb down on Monday though. I can't give up now after coming so far. X x x

as a new poster today, WOW:D you have done so well so far, I find the meeting great to help keep me focussed, so maybe try and get to one?
sorry you are disappointed you STS XX
Ange

Back