Jennys trials ( and errors)

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by jenpen, 18 October 2009.

1. jenpen

jenpen Well-Known Member

Right here I am.
    196 lbs :sigh:
    9 lbs lost in a month doing golower ( low carb) but I need a change to keep me motivated and keep loosing. I also want to eat normal healthy meals with my husband and more fruit and veg than I have done in the last month. Apples cant be bad can they?? Oh how i've missed apples!

Have joined a gym- Curves- which I promise to go to three times weekly for the 30 min curcuit and I also promise to keep up my walking- currently 20+ miles a week. I will also keep drinking at least 2lts of water daily as I really think this helps.
    I have been to SW and WW in past and don't want to join either again at present.
    I will eat normal health food in moderation and not snack in between meals on rubbish.

I don't mind if its slow
    As long as its coming off

There is nothing to stop me doing this but myself, and I am a strong person and will get in control of my overeating.

I want a good relationship with food for the future. I accept that I will want treats and will have some days and weeks that are better than others. However this will not make me give up on my goals or loose heart.

I am going to try and copy my thin friends and familys way of eating- stop when full- leave food on plates- don't eat for boredom and emotional gratification.

By Christmas I no longer want to be obese.
    I will do it.

Please feel free to say hello and support me in my trials :)

My WI day is sunday, which I will stick to and try not to weigh in between.
  2. jenpen

jenpen Well-Known Member

Good day yesterday, except for one moment when I found myself eating 4 biscuits ( 2 hob nobs and 2 choc digestives) mid afternoon for no good reason. Why did I do this? I had fruit in my bag and was not hungry. Went to gym and enjoyed workout, drank almost all my 2lts water and healthy meals, pasta with roast veg and half a jacket potato with chicken and cauliflower.
    Message to self- No biscuits today- even if i'm bored on this second study day mid afternoon.
  3. sunshine1

sunshine1 Well-Known Member

:eek: choccy biccies!!!!!!! lol

they're nasty things lol bet you didn't really like them!

good luck with the healthy eating. I'm not disciplined enough to do that.
  4. Lou1973

Lou1973 Well-Known Member

Hi Jen

I've also been on go lower in the past - I'm sure you know this but just in case wanted to give you a bit of a heads up that because Go Lower is low carb and puts you into ketosis when you start eating high carb food again like pasta the scales can go up - don't worry it doesn't mean you've put on fat it's just your carb stores filling back up again.

Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware