Jen's Green and EE diary :) Closed...new diary has been made!

Hello

Have just spent ages reading your diary!! Congratulations on your brilliant weight loss and the pictures of you are truly inspirational!!

x

Wow, I have been reading through your thread. What an amazing weight loss journey, your posts are very inspirational xx

Thank you v much! It's weird that people find my posts inspiring lol!

Breakfast
Shreddies, banana and milk (going to add 3 syns to this as it was the end of the shreddies box so I threw in a few more just to end it)

Lunch
Chicken salad (same as yday only 3 syns of mayo)

Dinner
Will be having stew and veg

Snack
Carrot sticks
3 pieces of pineapple (yum yum yum)
An apple

Last edited:
I'm like a lion, me ;)

I'm actually doing anything I can to avoid going through the rest of the 378 emails I came back to in the office today! lol x

Omg that's horrific....delete in bulk haha! Hmm maybe if you want to keep your job you might wanna avoid my advice!

image-2597192057.jpg

Last edited:
How did you make your stew hon? It looks very appetising...... :gimi:

I can't promise if this is right as my mum told me what to do step by step and she's not here at the mo! Will check with her!

Think I just browned the mince, fried my onions, added my potatoes (obv cut up small and i font think i cooked them beforehand) and some boiling stock (oxo) let it simmer, giving the potatoes time to soften and for the mixture to thicken! Will correct later if I'm wrong...it was yum!

Breakfast

The norm

Lunch
Pineapple, apple and melon

Dinner
Mrs shahs curry and rice (so good)

Snack
Apple
Pineapple and melon

I joined the gym today. Didn't do very much at all but had to stop as I felt like I was about to vomit and my vision went extremely blurry.

Managed 9 mins on the treadmill (2mins running) the other 7 were a fast walk

5 on the bike

3 on the cross trainer

Now that I'm reading it back I'm extremely embarrassed that 17 minutes of exercise had me thinking I was going to die. Guess I just got to build it up slow. I like the treadmill, the cross trainer can kiss my fat ass!

Last edited:
Wed

Breakfast as normal

Lunch
Baked potato, beans and salad

Snack
Banana

Dinner
2ww sausages (2syns) and veg. 2 syns for sausages plus 2 for tomato sauce

Snack
Melon and pineapple

Gym
20 mins treadmill
5 mins stepper
5 mins rower
5 mins arm weights
5 mins bike

Thurs
Breakfast as usual

Lunch
Carrot sticks, melon and pineapple

Dinner
2 egg omelette packed with sf and a small tin of spaghetti hoops. Also had lean bacon in the omelette.

Snack
2 apples

No syns today as far as I'm aware

Well yesterday was horrific wine wise...
and has suitably fooked todays eating. Granted I made the choices and WANTED to eat the things I did, 7 days til weigh in so I'll be a star until then. Also saw 8st 13 on the scales today.

Breakfast
Shreddies, milk and banana (HEA and HEB)

Lunch
Chicken pasta salad (3 syns of mayo)

Snacks
Packet of skips (not sure of syns, think they're around 5)
A cadbury dairy milk (I died and went to heaven...how can something that tastes so good be synful?)

Dinner
This was the crowning glory...a MASSIVE chicken burger and chips from the chippy smothered with garlic mayo and tomato sauce.

Syn count: Off the scale!!!
It's going to be a loooong week"

Jenna88 said:
Well yesterday was horrific wine wise...
and has suitably fooked todays eating. Granted I made the choices and WANTED to eat the things I did, 7 days til weigh in so I'll be a star until then. Also saw 8st 13 on the scales today.

Breakfast
Shreddies, milk and banana (HEA and HEB)

Lunch
Chicken pasta salad (3 syns of mayo)

Snacks
Packet of skips (not sure of syns, think they're around 5)
A cadbury dairy milk (I died and went to heaven...how can something that tastes so good be synful?)

Dinner
This was the crowning glory...a MASSIVE chicken burger and chips from the chippy smothered with garlic mayo and tomato sauce.

Syn count: Off the scale!!!
It's going to be a loooong week"

Hee hee sounds like a good day!! I am just tryin to get back into the sw way of life but it got knocked side ways with my birthday lunch. Only good thing is it has filled me up so hoping to be good too.
Am not planning on weighing for four weeks...eeeekkk but in that time I will also start excercise. How are you finding excercise now?

Ooh belated happy birthday. Sometimes you do have to just 'enjoy yourself', as I see it, we're all making changes for life. It's completely unrealistic to think that we'll never over eat again or not make bad choices at times-it's life. It's what we do afterwards that matters. To me now a takeaway is a very rare treat whereas before SW I would have easily had 3 a week and thought nothing of it.

Omy gosh, I wish I had the nerve to not weigh for four weeks..I find it hard not to weigh for four hours haha! Have committed to not weighing with another member on here this week but imagine it may be pretty hard especially as I tend to do it first thing in the morning without thinking about it.

I've only been to the gym three times so far but I will be going back tomorrow. I'd say it'll take me quite some time to build up my endurance as I get out of breath so easy, it's actually embarrassing how unfit I am! Hopefully I'll start to see changes and at minute I'm planning on not drinking anymore as a) I don't like it's impact on my losses or food choices and b) I act like a tit so hopefully that will stop hindering my progress.

Good luck!

Already feeling bad about all the food I ate today, I know there's nothing I can do about it but there's nothing like remorse after the fact! Hindsight is 20:20

Right, I've weighed in this morning (4lbs off this week, so all holiday weight gone - yay!!) and have now hidden the scales under the sofa bed in the spare room so hopefully that will help me resist them!

We can totally do this, chick! x

We can do it :) Glad your holiday gain is gone.

Breakfast/Lunch (because I got up super late)
Shreddies, banana, apple and milk. (HEA and HEB)

Dinner
Planning on making sw carbonara-including pasta, chicken, bacon, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, peppers and onions. Quark and an egg thrown in too!

And I wish I hadn't just typed out all the ingredients as it makes it seem like A LOT.

Gym today
20 minutes on the treadmill (I'm SO unbelievably $hit at running it's ridiculous...I managed a whole TWO minutes out of 20, the rest was a fast walk).

5 minutes on the rowing machine (1000m)

5 minutes on the exercise bike (the reclined one)

24 reps at 15kg on the chest press.

30 reps of some leg machine that hurts the front of your thighs like hell. First set of reps was 15kg and the second 15 were 10kg.

Some arm machine that feels like you're swimming.

Ok, now that I've typed it out it doesn't seem very much. I might actually start a thread asking for gym advice.

Hi Jenna, hope you don't mind me butting in!

2 mins running is pretty amazing for someone that's only just started exercising. I'm especially jealous of you rowing 1000 metres (I hate rowing, it makes me want to have a tantrum). I'm sure you've read but there is a running programme called couch to 5k. It really does work. I've never got past week 3 because I always pack in the gym but its good. I downloaded an app called cool runnings or you can download a podcast from the NHS website to stick on ya mp3.

Anyway, I'll leave you in peace!

Hey there,

Don't be silly I love when people pop in (it makes me feel like I'm talking to people as opposed to myself haha).
Thanks for the encouragement re running! I actually downloaded the app a few months ago but haven't used it. I might try it on my gym off days as I really would like to be able to run for a prolonged period.

What equipment do you use most frequently at the gym? I'm a complete newbie to it and am trying to piece together what I should be doing!

Hi hun, was just also going to talk about Couch to 5k. NHS do great podcasts, they got me through to the end. Its a brill programme, I never exercised and it worked for me. Enjoy running now! Definitely try it, and you can repeat weeks too if it's difficult.

Back