Jeremy Kyle today

Smokes

Did anybody see Jeremy Kyle today?
There was a girl on there that was worried that her partner was going to leave her because she was so fat. She was also worried that her boy would get bullied when he goes to school in a couple of years for having a fat mum.
She said she felt she was addicted to food, and couldn't give up. Said she'd stopped smoking previously because she could just stop having the cigarettes around her but she can't do that with food.
Graham (the counsellor guy) said it was a habit that had developed when she had PND and she had become obsessive over it. She said she was a binger and a grazer.
They were a little harsh at times, but I think she needed it, Jeremy really drummed into her that she needed to want to loose the weight for her not for her son, or partner who will love her no matter what size she is.
Hope she gets the help to make the changes in her life.

I'm sure I've seen this one before. Food is often used as a coping mechanism (instead of say alcohol) but until you know why you do it, and it doesn't make you feel any better for doing it, you'll never get your head in the right place to do it. And it HAS to be for yourself. Lets face it we've all made excuses.

I saw it, and I too hope she gets the help she needs.
She'll get it, and will do it if she wants it badly enough and for herself and not for anyone else.
If she doesn't do something she is likely to lose her partner. Not because of her weight, as he loves her the way she is, but because of her negativity and the lack of trust.
People can only take so much before walking away.

Back