JessR - doing it from home

JessR

Hello, hoping some of you may be able to read through my food diary and give me pointers/advice please. I've been following SW EE plan for the past 3 weeks from home. Its difficult to get to a group due to shift work so after nearly a year of on/off CD and my weight more or less staying the same (well I'm 7lbs less than I was this time last year!) I feel I need to be eating a "normal" diet again. I have the books from a couple of years back and will hopefully be joining online when I have the money! Anyway, I thought I would have slower losses to begin with due to coming off CD (again) but I seem to have STS for the past 2 weeks :-S

Anyway, here is my food diary for the past 2 days :

Tues

Breakfast : Melon, grapes and mullerlight yog.

Snack: Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch: Cous cous with roasted veggies and SW scotch egg (rolled in small amount of cous cous).

Snack: Grapes and Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEB)

Dinner: Smoked mackrel (?5 syns) salad, SW chips, 1 tbls extra light mayo (?2 syns)

Snack: Snack a jacks SV pack (5 syns)
Activia fat free yoghurt.
HEA - Milk used in cups of tea

Weds

Breakfast: Bacon, egg, mushrooms, baked beans

Snack: alpen light (1/2 HEB) banana

Lunch: Mixed fruit salad, alpen light (1/2 HEB) and diet coke (eaten late while in meeting but also full up from breakfast).

Dinner: Chicken and chorizio(5 syns) paella with red peppers, onion and peas.
Activia fat free yoghurt.

Skimmed milk in tea and maybe milky drink before bed - HEA

How does this sound? I'm sure I have not had enough superfree food with dinner tonight so will try better tomorrow.

Any comments would be very much appreciated as I really want this diet to work as I am enjoying buying and cooking food again. Hubby thinks its his birthday everyday of the week too!

Your food looks pretty good to me, but I'm no expert on EE! Perhaps your body just needs time to adjust to SW after CD? Keep going and I'm sure the weight will start to come off - Good luck!

looks good to me. I have only been doing EE for just over a week but your menus look spot on :) Welcome back to slimming world! xxxx

Hello.

I too do SW from home as there are no classes where I live. I haven't joined online either I just use my old books but they are so old they don't include EE but I have the info from the kind people on this site and the MSE site.

With EE you are expected to have at least 1/3 of your plate to be veggies/fruit (depending on what your meal is). As you know the more of this you eat the quicker your weight loss will be

EE has worked well for me I have lost 7.5lb in 5 weeks (I had 2 weeks of putting on a total of 3lb due to holidays and * wk:cry:). Taking those blips out I've averaged 3lb loss a week.:D

Your meals look nice and varied which to me is the key as I get bored. There are lots of lovely recipes on here that have helped me with that like... SW KFC, SW pizza... the alternatives to the naughties I like LOL

Good luck xx

Thanks for your replies. I think I am definitely going to need support from this site as I've never managed to stick to a diet for any real length of time. Today is our 15th wedding anniversary and hubby wants to take me out to dinner tonight! I won't be drinking alcohol as have work tomorrow, but it as I don't know where I am going I think I am going to have to flexi syn my dinner. I will make the best choices I can though as I really want to see a loss next week.

So today I have eaten 2 weetabix (HEB) with skimmed milk for breakfast. Snack was apple, satsuma and banana. Lunch will be salad leaves, cucumber and tomato with 4 crab stick and a tbls extra light mayo (2 syns) followed by some cherries.

Will update once home from dinner - wherever that may be (just hope its not chinese or indian LOL!)

Hi, hope you enjoyed your meal out. Just wanted to make you aware that 2 tbls of extra light mayo is only 1/2 syn so you are cheating yourself out of 1 1/2 syns each time you have it :0)

Thanks for that Tishbish! I always feel so naughty having mayonaise and now I won't.

Well last night was lovely, did try to stick to what I felt were good choices at the time, until I got to dessert!

Starter: dressed crab
Main: Lamb shank cooked in lemon, bayleaf and garlic, with veggies and a few saute potatoes
Dessert: Lemon merengue pie (oops...)
Drinks: 2 glasses of champagne and one spritzer (with soda water), after dinner 1 shot of tia maria with ice.

I haven't even added up the syns as I was planning to flexi syn anyway.

Back on it again this morning though with pineapple, banana and mullerlight for breakfast.

Lunch was greek salad (olives and feta cheese - need to work out the syns for this? - it was a sainsbury's pre-packed one).

Dinner will be chicken breast wrapped in bacon with salad and sw chips. Hope to claw back some of the syns from last nights feast.

Hope you are all having good days and enjoying the sunshine x

Hey Jess!
You sound like you're doing really well. Better menu's than me, and I go to group lol.
Seems like you're eating some really varied stuff, which is the ultimate key to success I feel.

And I wanted to point out the mayo thing too, because I am addicted to it, but Tishbish got there before me. I have it with everything!

It's best to stick to flexi syns, so the guilt is taken out. If I feel really guilty about eating I think 'what the hell!' and make my entire week bad.With the feta and olives, have a look at the back of the packet. It's roughly 20cals to 1 syn, or so I'v heard.

Hope you have a fab week!

Well dinner changed slightly as I only had 2 chicken breasts but 3 to feed so I baked it in the oven wrapped in bacon then chopped it up and added it to pasta, quark and 4 laughing cow extra lights, mushrooms and black pepper. Served it on a large bed of mixed salad. Yummy it was indeed! Husband and daughter were both very impressed.

Mullerlight for dessert.

HEB: Fibre plus bar
HEA: Milk

Syns for today: Walkers french fries 5.5
Feta and olives at lunch time (no idea as packaging in bin at work but could not be any more than the 9.5 left).

Good morning, and another lovely sunny day :) My plan is to stick to SW 100% over the weekend (something I always find difficult when I'm at home!).

B - 2 weetabix (HEB) with milk (HEA) and sweetner. Banana
L - Bacon, egg, tomatos, mushrooms, baked beans. (may add 2 morrisons sausages (2 syns) if they have defrosted in time.
D - Pork loin, jacket potato and mixed veggies - or if hubby decides to BBQ then with salad and garlic new roasted potatos?

Well thats the plan. Hope you all have a good day. I am really hoping that I get a loss on Wednesday when I weigh myself. (nothing as yet, but I won't let that spoil things ;-) )

Okay, so today I have been good. Had a pimms with lemonade at the school fete (not sure how many syns, guessing at 5).

Came home and cooked sw scotch eggs for tomorrow's picnic and sw quiche. Dinner was pork loins cooked on BBQ with loads and loads of salad and homemade sw coleslaw (0.5 syn) and a drizzle of balsamic dressing (? syns). Also had 2 more morrison's sausages (2 syns). Total syns today = approx 9 (but hopefully not over 15).

The plan for tomorrow is to take a picnic to the VW show. I made 3 extra large scotch eggs which will syn at 3 each. I will have one with a slice of sw quiche and a nice bowl of salad with the remainder of the homemade coleslaw (0.5). I'm thinking about make the onion chutney receipe on here as it sound really nice. Will let you know if I attempted it.

Hello :) Went the the VW show today and it was great. Lovely weather and now a little bit red on my nose! Food today was good:-

B: Fat free yoghurt with blueberries, grapes and strawberrys and 1 weetabix (1/5 HEB)

L: Scotch egg (3 syns) SW quiche, salad and homemade coleslaw (0.5 syn), 2 S&V snack a jacks (5 syns) fruit, 1 mikado (0.5 syn) banana, Alpen light (1/2 HEB).

Don't know what I want for dinner tonight. I don't actually feel that hungry. Thinking of doing poached eggs & bacon with mushrooms and tomatos. Oh I just don't know.... feeling a bit dispondant about this eating plan as I still don't seem to have shifted any weight - now been 2 1/2 weeks on it. Where am I going wrong :-( I also feel a bit constipated (TMI sorry), but I can't believe how much fruit and veggies I have been eating. Humph!

Sorry for moaning, this post started off really upbeat too.....LOL

Why not try cutting out banana's and try some other superfree fruits?

When I was doing slimming world first time round my mother's friend who I used to go with always struggled if she had banana's. For some reason she just didn't lose if she had them (crazy I know) I don't like to eat them that often.

I remember one lady at my old group that was having trouble because she had a fruit bowl in the kitchen and everytime she went in she had a piece of fruit to stop herself going for the snacks/crisps and chocolate. Sure it was the healthy version but she was plumping out her calories too much with fruit. Just have to remember, everything in moderation :)

Thanks Say, I may try that for a week and see if it works. I love bananas though but do limit myself to 1 a day so I can't see that it should have that much of an effect (well I hope not!)

Well today I've tried to be good. Still doing EE but have been very busy at work and had to eat lunch on the go so no time to stop and have a "proper" lunch.

B: 2 poached eggs and baked beans.
S: Banana
L: SW scotch egg (1.5 syns) Followed by strawberries, apple and activia fat free yoghurt. Some chocolate (5 syns)
D: Lamb steak grilled, new potatos and large salad, low fat salad cream (2 syns), glass of sparkling wine (?5 syns), 4 mikados (2 syns)
HEB: 2 Alpen light bars
HEA: skimmed milk
Total syns = 15.5 (just over)

Need to start exercising, as I know that will help to shift those pounds.

Have messed up today :cry:. Meant to be doing EE but due to work and no time to stop and eat again just ate what I could on the run. So...

B: Strawberries with FF yoghurt, banana
L: Pineapple, Walkers french fries (5 syns), 4 crabsticks and a very small slice of SW quiche.

D: 2 morrisons sausages (1 syn) baked beans and 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of WW danish brown (HEB) (still got 1 slice left to eat). Fresh fruit salad, kiwi, mango, grapes, pineapple and strawberries.

So no 1/3 plate of superfree foods at all today. I was just so hungry when I got home that DH had already cooked me the 2 sausages and I really couldn't be bothered to cook veggies that I scoffed down the baked beans.

Oh well, that was today, hopefully not done too much damage. May consider having a Green or Red day instead tomorrow to see if that is any better. Am I right in saying that on G/R days it don't matter if you don't have 1/3 SF food but obvioulsy better if you do?

So today I thought I would trying doing a green red day. Have eaten today:

B: Banana (got up too late to eat breakfast - grrrrr)
L: 2 ww brown bread sandwiches (HEB + 3 syns), egg, salad, EL mayon (1/2), strawberries, LF crisps (5 syns).
S: Grapes, slice of SW quiche.

Not sure what to cook for dinner, fancy sausage, onions, mash, veggies - but then would have to turn it into an EE day. could use a little milk and laughing cow light to make the mash (HEA). Or I could use the mash as 2nd HEB - actually suppose it don't really make much difference?

I did weigh myself this morning and it looks like a 2lb loss but I really need to invest in some proper digital scales so I get an accurate loss. At least it seems to be shifting downwards now :)

So I did have an EE day yesterday as I had sausages, mash, onions, cabbage and carrots for dinner. Fruit for desert. Then went a blew it at a neighbours house with 1/2 glass of wine and loads of nibbles :-(

Today is a new day..... and it will be green.

B: 2 weetabix (HEB) milk (HEA)
S: Choc chip muffin for a colleagues birthday - just caught me at a very low point and I gave in :-( (approx 1 million syns LOL - but definitely no more syns for today)
L: SW chips with salt and vinegar.
D: Veggie Pasta with quark.

I need to go shopping as have run out of salad and superfree foods! Trying to hang it out till saturday as am spending sooo much on shopping at the moment.

OMG I just made some sw onion chutney - it is lovely and I can't wait to have some. Shame I've not got any syns or HEX left to use. Or have I, I get 2 HEA's with green days don't I. Oooh a small bit of cheese and onion chutney? Only made small amount as I wasn't sure if it would work but now I know how to make it I will definitely make a big batch.

Dinner was good too, roasted veggies with pasta and quark and 2 extra light laughing cows and black pepper. Got enough left for tomorrow's lunch too.

your food sounds yummy! ive not tried the onion chutney but love things like that so will give it a go. try not to be too hard on yourself, you're just getting into the swing of the plan and you will do fine. whens your WI?

xx

Back