Jigsaw Slimming

Robebe

Hello Everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I was wondering if anyone still does Jigsaw Slimming's unit diet. I ordered it on June 15 and although the site says they aim to dispatch within 5 days, I still haven't recieved it and no reply to my email :mad: There isn't a phone number either.

It hasn't been mentioned on these forums for a couple of years but they've recently revamped their site, and diet, as I understand it, so if anyone can shed any light for me, please do!

Many thanks, Chris.

Hi Chris,

I am new here too and am following the unit diet.

I already had the starter pack from when I tried this plan a couple of years back. I have re-started again and can't seem to find many people following this plan!! There used to be a thriving message board which no longer exists and I'm not sure where everyone went :wave_cry:

A couple of days back I emailed a question to Jigsaw about what had changed on the diet as I didn't see the point in buying new books when I already have most of the stuff, but, as yet I haven't received a reply.

It is a fantastic eating plan when you eventually do get the pack and I have so far lost 4lbs in 2 weeks :D and very rarely feel hungry or deprived of anything!

Hope to see you more of you on here, especially as I now know I'm not the only one doing this plan!!!

Louisa x

Hello Louisa,

I actually got a reply from Jigsaw yesterday. Seems they are overwhelmed with the response to their new web site so they're a little behind, but I should get my pack by Saturday.

I orignally bought a pack some years ago but didn't actually follow the diet, and now I'm at a standstill with WW - not their fault, but I'm bored - so thought I'd give it another look,

Sounds as if it's really working for you so good luck and keep up the good work!

Chris.

Hi does anyone know the link for the Unit diet/jigsaw forum where members can exchange ideas etc

Thanks

Hi Tracey,

Jigsaw's own forum no longer exists, according to their web site, and I found this one on a Google search. I wonder if their members did set up something new? Hmm ...

Chris.

Yes, Jigsaw did at one stage have their own forum. This was then moved to "Slimfo", but this has also gone and I can't seem to find another specific 'Jigsaw Slimming' forum.

Maybe we should just all congregate here :D

Louisa x

Can you explain the difference between WW and Jigsaw? I've been doing WW but am bored like Robebe! I looked at the jigsaw website and it looks very similar. I'd be grateful for any info.

Hi the main diff is there are lots of foods on Jigsaw that are free - like skimmed milk and fruits and veg and I think but don't quote me cornflakes!

I posted a reply to this this morning and it's disappeared! Yes, certain cereals are free - cornflakes, rice krispies, Special K (do Kelloggs have shares in Jisaw, LOL?) Also fruits, veg including potatoes, diet yogurts, skimmed milk and other very low fat dairy products. This means you can have cornflakes for a snack!

Everything else has a unit value, based on its calories and total fat, you're allowed 10 units a day, and Jigsaw give you a 'matrix' to calculate units with.

There are also sample menus on their web site if you want to look.

Cheers, Chris.

Hi does anyone know the link for the Unit diet/jigsaw forum where members can exchange ideas etc

Thanks

Thanks for ur reply - I've sent jigsaw an email asking if they have a new forum and will let u know their reply x

Hi Chris,

I am new here too and am following the unit diet.

I already had the starter pack from when I tried this plan a couple of years back. I have re-started again and can't seem to find many people following this plan!! There used to be a thriving message board which no longer exists and I'm not sure where everyone went :wave_cry:

A couple of days back I emailed a question to Jigsaw about what had changed on the diet as I didn't see the point in buying new books when I already have most of the stuff, but, as yet I haven't received a reply.

It is a fantastic eating plan when you eventually do get the pack and I have so far lost 4lbs in 2 weeks :D and very rarely feel hungry or deprived of anything!

Hope to see you more of you on here, especially as I now know I'm not the only one doing this plan!!!

Louisa x
Hi Chris sounds like ur doin great on it hun! I've got a copy of the huge Unit diet book but not give it a go yet still doin WW'ers at mo but now site is up and running may give it a whirl ;o)

Ok - I had a rubbish WI result with WW this week even though I've earned 12 Activity points and stuck to the diet......So
I'm going to do The Unit Diet for a week to see if my WI next week is any better.

I have 10 Units per day

Todays menu and points

Breakfast - Oats so simple =1

Lunch - 2 x wholemeal bread,spread and half tin of baked beans = 3.5
Snack 2 finger kit kat = 1.5

Dinner - Uncle bens sweet and sour chicken and rice = 2.5

TOTAL = 8.5

Leaves me 1.5 for a snack later ;)

Would be great if anyone else is doing this diet to post on here too so we can compare etc x

Hi, i'm looking for something different to try and wonder if this might be one for me to think about. what's it like for eating out, can anyone tell me? this is my biggest problem with calorie counting etc diets as you have to guess a lot of the calories if you're going to a restaurant and we do eat out a lot.

Yippeeeeee finally got the new unit diet book today:D

If anyone as any questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

Angie x

Hi, i'm looking for something different to try and wonder if this might be one for me to think about. what's it like for eating out, can anyone tell me? this is my biggest problem with calorie counting etc diets as you have to guess a lot of the calories if you're going to a restaurant and we do eat out a lot.

Hi Karen

Its my first week on it but so far so good as far as sticking to the plan goes. Its very much a cross between WW'ers and slimming world. Veg including potatoes (boiled, mashed or baked) are free so is fruit and cornflakes, rice crispies and special k!

All other things are worked out in unit value a bit like ww'ers - you can buy a little matrix card from their website at £1.50 which works out the unit value from food packaging. I've got the main book which gives eating out guide with appropriate units it also gives 100 day menu plans and units for nearly all foods. The idea itself is great and I'm finding I'm not going hungry as if i feel like snacking i can have free bowl of cereal!

If you need anymore info and i can help I will x

Back