Jim 1: Channel 0. Now for the return match!

WELL DONE JIMBOBBINS!!!!!
very,very,very....did i mention very.......proud of you mrs!!

PS, I know you are tired, but is there any chance you could give me a hand dragging this bakery on to the beach?

Bakeries are heavy things, Minxster. And I'm pretty knackered.
Don't you think we could just leave it where it is?
You've got it half way down the beach by yourself, as I see. Shall we let the tide wash it away? Then it won't be our problem.

Oh, and I love "OTT" being translated as "higher". I wonder how many times it would take, translating from French to English and back again, for it to be totally gobbledegook!

hello_megaphone_magnet-p147926842060988110qjy4_400.jpg

Using a megaphone in case I have missed lunch as well as breakfast and you are on your way back.............. I was so looking forward to that grilled goats cheese and the excellent company of course.

Well done Sarah. I did not for one minute ever doubt that you would make it and on time.

huge, soggy hugs xxxxxxxxx

Bravo Jim, bravo

that's some level of determination you have there!

Just popping in to say I didn't start my swim back this morning (gave myself the day off), so technically I'm still in France! Wooo hooo!

Anybody want any Duty Free?

I can't carry too many bottles, as they'll weigh me down, and I might drown. And if you want cigarettes, I can't promise how dry they'll stay - but I thought I'd offer, anyway!

Just popping in to say I didn't start my swim back this morning (gave myself the day off), so technically I'm still in France! Wooo hooo!

Anybody want any Duty Free?

I can't carry too many bottles, as they'll weigh me down, and I might drown. And if you want cigarettes, I can't promise how dry they'll stay - but I thought I'd offer, anyway!

The bottles will float if empty and give you more buoyancy. I suggest you start drinking now lol !! Just make sure you get someone to point you in the right direction !!!

Personally I hope all the fags are soggy fags .

When are you going to do the real one?

;)

Some people are just never satisfied, are they?

I'd love to do the real one - but it's really expensive, and as I'm saving & fund raising for Nepal at the moment...

Maybe when that's done?

Morning all.

Guess what? I'm back in that blasted Channel. Seems I can't keep away.

So - weighed down by a couple of bottles of Margaux, a brie and the obligatory string of garlic, I'm now 4.2km of the way back to Blighty.

It was a real struggle to get myself going both on Saturday and this morning: I think it's that the pressure is off. I'm really not going to force myself to get all the way back, but I feel I should keep swimming for the rest of Lent, otherwise it will feel like cheating. Maybe if I do it a bit more slowly, and not push it so hard, I might be able to lose some weight through the exercising, rather than stay the same for every single week until Easter!

Anyway, here I am. Original challenge completed, but I'll see how far I get, and then catch a passing ferry for whatever distance is left after another 2 1/2 weeks of swimming.

Please keep the supportive messages coming: they really help!

Keep going, we all love following you, I am the one in the helicopter! And when you get back to england you can have a traditional English meal, an Indian!!

Ooh, WG, that sounds good. I can plan my Easter curry now.
And I'll be able to have meat again by then, too - so I can choose my real favourites, rather than the veggie ones.

Mmmmmmmmm.
Ok - that really doesn't take much thinking about, actually. No question.
Poppadom & chutneys, Onion Bhaji, Chicken Sag Madras, Peshwari Naan.... Oh, and a couple of pints of Cobra.
Not too many syns there, then!!!!
Would someone care to count them for me, as I think I'd better start saving them now!

Ooh, WG, that sounds good. I can plan my Easter curry now.
And I'll be able to have meat again by then, too - so I can choose my real favourites, rather than the veggie ones.

Mmmmmmmmm.
Ok - that really doesn't take much thinking about, actually. No question.
Poppadom & chutneys, Onion Bhaji, Chicken Sag Madras, Peshwari Naan.... Oh, and a couple of pints of Cobra.
Not too many syns there, then!!!!
Would someone care to count them for me, as I think I'd better start saving them now!

Just keep swimming !! You will need a fair amount of weight off to make up for eating that lot.

Oh and by the way I take it the Chateau Margaux is mine !!! Gee thanks. You are such a pal. Did you find the 81........such a good year.

Sue, you can have it - only if you get to it before I do!
By the time we do battle for it, admittedly my arms will be very tired, but I will have desperation on my side.

(But I'm afraid it's only a 2005. I'll settle for that. If you prefer to wait for someone to turn up with a 1981, that's your prerogative. I'll keep this one for myself!)

Sue, you can have it - only if you get to it before I do!
By the time we do battle for it, admittedly my arms will be very tired, but I will have desperation on my side.

(But I'm afraid it's only a 2005. I'll settle for that. If you prefer to wait for someone to turn up with a 1981, that's your prerogative. I'll keep this one for myself!)

No, no. Please do not be noble on my part. So much noblesse is uncalled for. You have done so much already. I will accept it gracefully. Far be it from me to make you feel bad about a mere 24 year difference in the vintage.......nothing a mere nothing.

Now get back to swimming secure in the knowledge that in view of your great sacrifice I will drink a 2005 lol !!!

Back