JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Just checking in to see how you're doing hun. So, so glad that all is well and you've got a gorgeous little bump now! You'll find it move upwards as you get further along, and trust me, it's handy when it's lower as it's out of the way! I'm 23 weeks now - had my 20 week scan and we're having a little girl! Bump is getting bigger and am feeling her kick and wriggle - it's awesome! The tiredness improves slightly but not back to normal (don't think we'll ever sleep "Normally" again!!) and the nausea completely went for me by about 16 weeks. Hope you continue to feel better and enjoy being a mummy-to-be :) it's such a gift after mc's and difficulties xxx

Just checking in to see how you're doing hun. So, so glad that all is well and you've got a gorgeous little bump now! You'll find it move upwards as you get further along, and trust me, it's handy when it's lower as it's out of the way! I'm 23 weeks now - had my 20 week scan and we're having a little girl! Bump is getting bigger and am feeling her kick and wriggle - it's awesome! The tiredness improves slightly but not back to normal (don't think we'll ever sleep "Normally" again!!) and the nausea completely went for me by about 16 weeks. Hope you continue to feel better and enjoy being a mummy-to-be :) it's such a gift after mc's and difficulties xxx

Hiya :) Im not too bad thanks!

Awwww a little girl! So cute! We'll be finding out at the end of July (on my birthday) what we're having. Paying for an early private scan at 16 weeks hehe

I was wondering at what point the bump spreads upwards. Just seems to be staying low at the moment. I keep having silly moments and thinking something must be wrong because its not spreading upwards. Anxiety really sucks!

I kinda knew that I would still feel anxious even after 12 weeks

Hiya :) Im not too bad thanks!

Awwww a little girl! So cute! We'll be finding out at the end of July (on my birthday) what we're having. Paying for an early private scan at 16 weeks hehe

I was wondering at what point the bump spreads upwards. Just seems to be staying low at the moment. I keep having silly moments and thinking something must be wrong because its not spreading upwards. Anxiety really sucks!

I kinda knew that I would still feel anxious even after 12 weeks
I wouldn't worry hunnie.. I think we'll all be the same until we're holding our little bundles.. Altho.. Am told that's when the real worrying starts!!! Great!! lol

My friend who had a little boy carried really low. She looked like she had a football in her belly. It was the neatest bump I have ever seen. We all carry differently. My backside ends up looking more pregnant than my belly if I'm honest.... :)

So on Friday I went to the doctors and I am definitely going back to work on Monday on reduced hours. Doctor gave me a note for reduced hours for 2 months! I think shes so understanding because shes a woman doctor..bless her

Anyways...gunna go back to work on Monday getting in for 10am and I will be doing 5 hours to start off with for about a week and see how I get on. I cant imagine Im going to be a very productive member of staff...concentration levels will be minimal but I can only do my best I guess

On the upside - been lovely sitting in the garden enjoying the sun today.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend

So on Friday I went to the doctors and I am definitely going back to work on Monday on reduced hours. Doctor gave me a note for reduced hours for 2 months! I think shes so understanding because shes a woman doctor..bless her

Anyways...gunna go back to work on Monday getting in for 10am and I will be doing 5 hours to start off with for about a week and see how I get on. I cant imagine Im going to be a very productive member of staff...concentration levels will be minimal but I can only do my best I guess

On the upside - been lovely sitting in the garden enjoying the sun today.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend

That's really good. I got four weeks but it wasn't my usual doctor. He did say after four weeks I can ring back up and get another though.
Getting back to slightly normal might be good. I'm just making sure I take loads of healthy food so I don't end up starving and feeling sick!!
Enjoy your last day off :)

Mayb having something to focus on will make u feel loads better. Tho am sure the first week at least will b exhausting. Til u get used to it again

Thats what Im thinking...hoping it makes time go quicker aswell!! Can imagine it will be an exhausting week even on only 5 hours a day

That's really good. I got four weeks but it wasn't my usual doctor. He did say after four weeks I can ring back up and get another though.
Getting back to slightly normal might be good. I'm just making sure I take loads of healthy food so I don't end up starving and feeling sick!!
Enjoy your last day off :)

Yeah...at least you can extend the note if after 4 weeks you're still struggling.

Im going to make sure my work drawer is stuffed full of food...I have to eat every couple of hours or I feel ill. Hopefully the sickness will completely wear off in the next couple of weeks eh!

Yeah...at least you can extend the note if after 4 weeks you're still struggling.

Im going to make sure my work drawer is stuffed full of food...I have to eat every couple of hours or I feel ill. Hopefully the sickness will completely wear off in the next couple of weeks eh!

I'm the same with hunger. I'm only doing five hours and I'm taking soup, salad sandwich, cherries, cheese string, strawberries and satsumas!!

Good luck today hun, hope it goes well x

14 weeks today

Over the moon to be in the second trimester now. It is an awesome feeling. The anxiety hasnt totally gone and Im nervous to buy any baby stuff yet - but Im getting there :p

So today is my first day back at work and Im not doing too bad. I get my moments where I cant look at my computer screen anymore..my eyes go funny and I get spaced out lol Also can make me a bit dizzy occasionally. However, I just look away from my screen for a few minutes and then back to it.

Im working 10am-3pm until further notice (will probably extend to 9am-3pm when I feel I can cope with it).

Last week I tried to do the Gestational Diabetes test but felt so ill I had to cancel it. Im due to try it again tomorrow and Im dreading it. I may have to literally force myself to sit there for two hours feeling really sick because I need to eat. (At the moment to keep sickness at bay I have to eat every hour or two, but for the test you have to go 12 hours fasting and then two hours at the hospital while they do the test)

14 weeks today

Over the moon to be in the second trimester now. It is an awesome feeling. The anxiety hasnt totally gone and Im nervous to buy any baby stuff yet - but Im getting there :p

So today is my first day back at work and Im not doing too bad. I get my moments where I cant look at my computer screen anymore..my eyes go funny and I get spaced out lol Also can make me a bit dizzy occasionally. However, I just look away from my screen for a few minutes and then back to it.

Im working 10am-3pm until further notice (will probably extend to 9am-3pm when I feel I can cope with it).

Last week I tried to do the Gestational Diabetes test but felt so ill I had to cancel it. Im due to try it again tomorrow and Im dreading it. I may have to literally force myself to sit there for two hours feeling really sick because I need to eat. (At the moment to keep sickness at bay I have to eat every hour or two, but for the test you have to go 12 hours fasting and then two hours at the hospital while they do the test)

What does that test involve hun n what's the circumstance to need it?

Hope ur day goes well for ya n make sure ya get home n get yer feet up when ya get home xxx

Oh my God I am not looking forward to that test either!! Mines is at 28 weeks though so you'd never know my morning sickness might f@ck off by then. I'm really sick and tired of it now!! ....anyway sorry bout that. Glad you are getting on better at work, it'll help the time pass quicker if nothing else xx

What does that test involve hun n what's the circumstance to need it?

Hope ur day goes well for ya n make sure ya get home n get yer feet up when ya get home xxx

Its a glucose tolerance test for women who are more at risk of gestational diabetes. Like for example...the fact I am overweight, have PCOS and blood relatives have had diabetes means I am at higher risk of having gestational diabetes. Certain things mean they will test you for it.

Test consists of stopping eating at 7pm the night before and then not eating anything until the test is done the next morning. So my appointment is at the hospital at 8.15 tomorrow....i'll probably have to wait around as they're never on time. They take blood and then give you a really sugary drink...then you have to sit there for two hours and then they will do another blood test. Its to see how your body copes with the sugar load

Not looking forward to it at all. I just know that im gunna feel awfully ill going that long without eating. But I need to get it done because they told me it has to be done by 16 weeks at the latest :-(

Oh my God I am not looking forward to that test either!! Mines is at 28 weeks though so you'd never know my morning sickness might f@ck off by then. I'm really sick and tired of it now!! ....anyway sorry bout that. Glad you are getting on better at work, it'll help the time pass quicker if nothing else xx

Did you have one before 16 weeks too?? Hospital told me I have to have a test before 16 weeks and then at 27/28 weeks again.

It is a pretty awful one for women who still have the sickness etc

Mine is at 28 weeks too, my midwife said. Not got an appointment yet, she said she'll sort it closer to the time. Hoping that I can cope with not eating for so long by that point too. I need toast just to get out of bed :( xx

Just found this online Jo so unsure why they want you to have it so early. I also have a family history of diabetes (dad, mum and a couple of grandparents), my bmi is over 30 and I have severe pcos. Suppose every pct differ though.

The test is usually carried out when you're between 24 weeks and 28 weeks pregnant. If you've had gestational diabetes before, you'll be offered the test earlier. This will be at between 16 weeks and 18 weeks and again at between 24 weeks and 28 weeks.

Back