JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Frances they do the test up here at 28 weeks for everyone. My BMI was normal and no history so I was surprised, but they said everyone gets it done no matter what

Oh no :(
Hope they dont down here :)
What hosp are u attending Laura?

Letterkenny General. Yeah I'm not looking forward to it one bit. Sweet things tend to make my nausea worse. I can't have them at all on an empty stomach

Ooh brainwave. I'll ask Jono's sil if they do it where am going. She had her baby there only a year ago n works there....

Hmnnnn I'm confused now! Maybe in my area they do the test early to catch it quick because then if it comes out that I have it...I have to see a dietician and cut stuff out of my diet and keep a check on my blood sugars etc. They told me the sooner u know u have it the better so it can be controlled for my sake and the baby.

BUT - I am still absolutely dreading it.

I finished my dinner 30 mins ago. I hope I last until 10.30/11am tomorrow...I just KNOW I'm going to feel awful :-(

Hi - just popping by to say hello. I'm rachel, currently 23 weeks with twins. Was following slimming world till 12 weeks but then fell off the wag on (ravenous appetite). Started my diary again Monday as I want to limit the double wobble post birth!
Hope your pregnancy is going well!!

Hi Rachel :) Twins eh?! Wow! I don't blame you about SW..I've been really ill since 6 weeks and I have just had to eat what I can cope with on a daily basis. I have been feeling better the last 2 weeks but I still have to eat every couple of hours to keep the hunger at bay so I still don't think I'll b able to do SW yet. I've stayed the same weight since I found out I'm pregnant though so that's not too bad.

SO - glucose tolerance test. I'm at the hospital and have had the first part of the test. They did a finger prick and then blood test. The finger prick hurt more th blood test!! I then had to drink the most vile drink. I can only compare it with completely flat coke..but it has an extra weird taste. I had to hold my nose.

I think fortunately I had thrown up a load of bile whilst brushing my teeth at home before the hospital. So I think that cleared my stomach and I somehow managed the keep the disgusting drink down.

You have to drink quite a lot of the drink too - it comes in a smallish plastic bottle and u have to down it within a couple of minutes. You can't just sit there sipping. I held my nose lol

Anyway - on my 2 hour wait now. Fun.

Hope the rest of the test has gone ok hun? Mine is at 28 weeks (standard for our area if you have risk factors - mine being BMI of over 30) but I don't have to fast until midnight the night before, so not such a long time to go without food! Hope it comes back clear for you xx

Hiya,

I lasted the whole time and got the test done :) They said they will contact me with results if there are any concerns but I will probs ring them anyway by the end of the week haha

It was just an awful test to be done to pregnant women. Just the having to starve yourself and then drink a really really nasty drink and then having to wait another 2 hours whilst feeling really ill isnt great.

Oh well - over and done with now :) Im a lot happier now its over

Hiya,

I lasted the whole time and got the test done :) They said they will contact me with results if there are any concerns but I will probs ring them anyway by the end of the week haha

It was just an awful test to be done to pregnant women. Just the having to starve yourself and then drink a really really nasty drink and then having to wait another 2 hours whilst feeling really ill isnt great.

Oh well - over and done with now :) Im a lot happier now its over
Seriously, well done you for getting through the test, I've never had it, it doesn't sound like the most pleasurable experience. Hopefully all will be ok and you won't have to do it again.
How has your return to work been? :)

God, just the thought of drinking that stuff is making me retch. I can gag at anything, I'm terrible. Well done for getting through it. How's work going?

Oh bless you hun!!! Sounds gross but well done for getting through it!!! :)

Hopefully all goes well :) xx

Well done for getting it done! Sounds horrific but fingers crossed the results will be good and you aren't suffering from gestational diabetes! X

Seriously, well done you for getting through the test, I've never had it, it doesn't sound like the most pleasurable experience. Hopefully all will be ok and you won't have to do it again.
How has your return to work been? :)

Thanks! :-D

Its not been too bad work-wise. Today was pretty awful...felt sick and really light headed the last hour of work so was struggling to look at my computer screen. But Im getting there slowly :p

God, just the thought of drinking that stuff is making me retch. I can gag at anything, I'm terrible. Well done for getting through it. How's work going?

I cant lie - its truly awful and I have to do it again at 28 weeks. Hoping the results come back clear though because I could do without the gestational diabetes tbh!

Hey hun. How u getting on back at work?

Feels like the working week should be over already Im so tired lol

I can deal with the tiredness though...its the feeling light headed and sick. But at least its not as bad as it was. That was extreme!

Feels like the working week should be over already Im so tired lol

I can deal with the tiredness though...its the feeling light headed and sick. But at least its not as bad as it was. That was extreme!
Maybe have more sugary foods? Fruit? To keep yer blood sugars up n hopefully avoid the light headed/dizzy spells?
Seems to be something in the air today with ppl getting lighted headed... Are you drinking enough?x x

Back