JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Has anyone else had a persistant cough whilst pregnant?

Ive had a persistant cough since about 6 weeks pregnant. In the last day or so Ive developed quite a (productive) chesty cough. I dont know whether to be worried or not :-S

I've not but my friend who's a week ahead of me has done.. Its quite bad TBH but obv there's nothing she can take for it.. Just honey n water to sooth her throat...
There is a safe anti biotic you can get while pregnant but not in first trimester as far as I know...

Mmmmm thats what I thought. As ive had a cough for the last 8/9 weeks I think I may book (yet another) doctors appointment tomorrow just to check.

Made the mistake of going on google and reading the negative stories that always seem to come up rather than helpful ones (which there seem to be very little of). "Could be lung cancer", "make sure you get a chest xray" etc etc.

Dunno what to think but am worrying about it now. Only partially helpful thing I found is that a persistant cough in pregnancy can be related to heartburn, acid reflux etc

That lung cancer thing is just coz its being advertised on TV atm.. I wouldn't even think along them lines...
From someone who knows lung cancer.. Its not yer average cough!!!!
But yea, go doc if it'll settle yer mind

Has anyone else had a persistant cough whilst pregnant?

Ive had a persistant cough since about 6 weeks pregnant. In the last day or so Ive developed quite a (productive) chesty cough. I dont know whether to be worried or not :-S
I had a persistent cough with my 2nd. I also had heart burn to. I put it down to him having masses and masses of dark hair when he was born. My other 3 were as bold as koots and I didn't get it with them. The cough disappeared as soon as he arrived!! Try not to worry:)

That lung cancer thing is just coz its being advertised on TV atm.. I wouldn't even think along them lines...
From someone who knows lung cancer.. Its not yer average cough!!!!
But yea, go doc if it'll settle yer mind

Ohhhh ok. Yeah...I think it may have freaked me out seeing that advert on TV about lung cancer. "If you've had a cough for more that X amount of weeks, make sure you see your doctor..."

I know its just my anxiety I think...it can get out of hand sometimes!! I suppose if I go doctors though they can tell me if its a chest infection or something

XX

I had a persistent cough with my 2nd. I also had heart burn to. I put it down to him having masses and masses of dark hair when he was born. My other 3 were as bold as koots and I didn't get it with them. The cough disappeared as soon as he arrived!! Try not to worry:)

That is one thing I read online is that you can have a persistant cough if you've had quite a bit of heartburn/acid reflux (which I have). Maybe its just that.

Will try not to worry and just see doc tomorrow just in case :) Thanks XX

Ohhhh ok. Yeah...I think it may have freaked me out seeing that advert on TV about lung cancer. "If you've had a cough for more that X amount of weeks, make sure you see your doctor..."

I know its just my anxiety I think...it can get out of hand sometimes!! I suppose if I go doctors though they can tell me if its a chest infection or something

XX

I can b the very same hun. Don't fret. I've diagnosed myself with all sorts over the years ha ha

Well I went to see the doctor and he told me it will clear on its own and to drink hot water with lemon and honey in.

He said its probably viral and doesnt look like a chest infection.

Good to know...at least I can relax about it a bit more now!

I rang the hospital to find out the results of my glucose tolerance test..........all normal :D

Really really happy about that...at last, one less thing to worry about! Haha

I rang the hospital to find out the results of my glucose tolerance test..........all normal :D

Oh that's great news. :)

YAY!!! So pleased for you :)

Thats fab news hun!!!! :) how are you feeling today? Xxx

Not too bad PP..Ive made sure Ive eaten every hour or two so I dont get too sick. Its the dizzyness n stuff thats not great but meh...I should be used to it by now lol

Hi hun x your scan must be soon hey? Are you still finding out what gender bubs is? :) x

Definitely. My birthday is on Monday and we have our scan on the Thursday :D

Cant wait to find out the sex and see that everything is still ok with baby. I cant wait to start feeling baby so that can be my re-assurance rather than having the scans aswell

Definitely. My birthday is on Monday and we have our scan on the Thursday :D

Cant wait to find out the sex and see that everything is still ok with baby. I cant wait to start feeling baby so that can be my re-assurance rather than having the scans aswell
How exciting!! Do you have any inklings as to what you may be having?? :)

Well...people keep saying because of how ill Ive been that its a girl but right at the beginning when I first found out i was pregnant I had a very vivid dream that its a boy with a full head of hair lol

Who knows eh?! We will be ecstatic regardless :D

You know what...even being pregnant still feels really surreal. I dont think it will properly sink in until I have a 'proper' bump and can feel the baby moving/kicking. At the moment its still like.."is there actually a baby in there?!"

Back