JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

I can't believe that your docs are like that with you. My doctors are so easy going. I kinda see why they only give two weeks but then again it's making you ill going into work. I'm hoping to go back at the end of this month. Hope you're feeling better soon hun. Think we've both felt rubbish for long enough!! X

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling poo again at work. Try not to stress, just do whatever feels right and good for you and bubs. Definitely don't be in situations that make you feel crappy, just because you feel bad or anything. Got to put you and little man first :)

I hope you feel better soon, and hope docs goes ok for you! xx

17+3

Well...I went to the doctors and saw a doctor that actually seemed to listen to me! He has signed me off until 5 September.

I explained that he could sign me off for 2 weeks but then I have to go back to work and I know I wont be able to do the computer work again, then i'll be back at the doctors again. Vicious circle.

I really do suspect that Im not going to be able to do the computer work for the whole of my pregnancy. Am going to see how early I can take maternity aswell. No point holding off.

What IS the earliest if Im due on 13 January? Is it like a month and any annual leave or something?? Havnt been able to discuss it with HR yet as I havnt got that certificate to give to them yet. Not sure when I get that either lol

17+3

Well...I went to the doctors and saw a doctor that actually seemed to listen to me! He has signed me off until 5 September.

I explained that he could sign me off for 2 weeks but then I have to go back to work and I know I wont be able to do the computer work again, then i'll be back at the doctors again. Vicious circle.

I really do suspect that Im not going to be able to do the computer work for the whole of my pregnancy. Am going to see how early I can take maternity aswell. No point holding off.

What IS the earliest if Im due on 13 January? Is it like a month and any annual leave or something?? Havnt been able to discuss it with HR yet as I havnt got that certificate to give to them yet. Not sure when I get that either lol

Hi hun x

I don't know if Maternity policies vary, but mine says no earlier than the 11th week before the expected due date, so I'm assuming at 29 weeks I could take it if I wanted to?

(that's without holiday) so add your holiday entitlement to that if you want to and you could leave even earlier... I think :) xx

17+3

That's good, at least someone has finally listened to you :)
I'm not sure how soon you can start maternity leave as I'm starting mine on my due date and taking annual leave to finish mid November.
The only thing I know for sure is if you are on sick 4 weeks before baby is due they automatically start your maternity. My company handbook says:

In your absence continues into or starts within the four week period before the baby is due maternity leave will start automatically. This four week period begins on the Sunday of the fourth week before your baby is due.

It will not matter how long you are absent for, your maternity leave will start automatically the day after you went sick.

So basically if I stayed off now my maternity pay would start from my last working day which was the start of July.
Might be worth ringing your HR dept and speaking to them. I need to ring my docs for the MATB1 form as work are asking for it and my next midwife appt isn't until I'm 25 weeks.

Forgot to say!! If you go from sick to annual it'll probably be ok for you to stay off anyway, because going onto annual technically means you've gone back to work. But don't quote me on that!!
Also the MATB1 you get around 20 weeks. You have to get it in 15 weeks before your due date (according to my HR dept). Have you got a midwife appt soon? She should be able to give you it then x

Ahhhhh I see! Thanks girls

Well my last midwife appointment was about a week ago and my next one isnt until 24 weeks (end of September). Maybe i'll ask them at my 20 week scan about the certificate and then maybe I could see a midwife at the hospital or something? I dunno lol

After Ive got the certificate I'll speak to work about maternity because I think I just need to start it as soon as I can really. Makes sense

Does your midwife work from your doctors surgery? Mine does but only works Mondays so I'm going to ring when I get back from Wales and ask them to get her to ring me so I can explain. She'll leave it at reception then for me to collect.

Yeah my midwife is a community midwife and works at my doctors surgery. She is the same as you and only works Mondays I think.

Maybe i'll ring Monday then and see if I can get the certificate so I can sort out maternity leave. Would be good to know what date I finish and all that tbh

Yeah my midwife is a community midwife and works at my doctors surgery. She is the same as you and only works Mondays I think.

Maybe i'll ring Monday then and see if I can get the certificate so I can sort out maternity leave. Would be good to know what date I finish and all that tbh

Yeah I'm going to sort all mine out when I go back on the 31st. I know it sounds daft but I don't want to do it before the 20 week scan. I'd saved all my annual leave for March for the wedding but will be on maternity now so I've got loads left but I'm too scared to cancel it and book it in November & December until I know bubs is ok. I worked out that I can start my maternity leave on my due date 6th Jan and finish on my last night shift on 16th November. That way I get the full 9 months with Plum because I can't afford to stay off once the statutory maternity pay finishes :( hopefully I can stick some annual leave on the end and go back the third week in September '14.

Well, im 18 weeks today! Time seems to be flying since 12 weeks!

Ordered a doppler at the weekend and some ultrasound gel to use with it. Excited to have that come this week so I can have a play around listening to baby etc :p

Still (impatiently) waiting for a 'proper' bump. Baby still seems to be down low. Lazy baby lol

Rang doctors this morning to speak to midwife about maternity certificate. Midwife isnt in until this afternoon so I'll have to ring again later.

Apart from the above...I dont know what to do with myself. Im signed off until 5 September because I cant work on the computer at work and although I know its what needs to happen and theres not really much choice about it...its boring at home. Oh well

Well, im 18 weeks today! Time seems to be flying since 12 weeks!

Ordered a doppler at the weekend and some ultrasound gel to use with it. Excited to have that come this week so I can have a play around listening to baby etc :p

Still (impatiently) waiting for a 'proper' bump. Baby still seems to be down low. Lazy baby lol

Rang doctors this morning to speak to midwife about maternity certificate. Midwife isnt in until this afternoon so I'll have to ring again later.

Apart from the above...I dont know what to do with myself. Im signed off until 5 September because I cant work on the computer at work and although I know its what needs to happen and theres not really much choice about it...its boring at home. Oh well

Wow 18 weeks! Your all flying through now!

I soent 2.5 years off work with illness. How the hell I did it ill never know! If I have 1 day off these days and im bored after 2 hours!

Big hugs to you and not so big bumps!! Hopefully soon you will be able to proudly show off your neat bump!!

Xxx

18+2

Since I was signed off work again I have been fine really. Still get symptoms etc but the copeable ones. Not too sick tbh. What was making me sick and dizzy was being at work on the computer. After a couple of days of being signed off again Im fine and signed off until 5 September :)

Its nice now to be able to get ready and go out and do things again. It was so depressing being stuck at home so ill for those first months..not being able to move from the sofa/bed.

Anyways - spoke to midwife the other day and I cant get my Maternity Certificate until 20 weeks so Ive booked an appointment with her to get it sorted nearer the time. Will be nice to sort out when I start maternity leave :)

18+3

As the days go on Im feeling better and better and I seem to have more energy (finally that second trimester bloom??!!)

I do wonder whether to try to go back to work again after this current month off (signed off) but I know for sure that it will be the same again and the computer work will make me really ill/dizzy. Hmmnnnn, its a hard one and I cant win either way! Although....I suppose being at home resting is a good thing but not getting paid isnt good. Arghh!

Anyways - Ive had my doppler come through the post today and Im waiting (impatiently as per usual) for hubby to get home to try it out :D Hoping its as easy for me to use as it is for PP! Hehe

18+3

As the days go on Im feeling better and better and I seem to have more energy (finally that second trimester bloom??!!)

I do wonder whether to try to go back to work again after this current month off (signed off) but I know for sure that it will be the same again and the computer work will make me really ill/dizzy. Hmmnnnn, its a hard one and I cant win either way! Although....I suppose being at home resting is a good thing but not getting paid isnt good. Arghh!

Anyways - Ive had my doppler come through the post today and Im waiting (impatiently as per usual) for hubby to get home to try it out :D Hoping its as easy for me to use as it is for PP! Hehe

OH NO to not getting paid!! We'd be screwed if I had to be out of work.. BF was made redundant so one of us out of work is bad enough!!
But you have to do what's best for baby n if that means less luxuries for the time being then so be it, right?!
Could/would you try doing just mornings only??

Is your office air con only?? As in no windows to open??
Ours is and its a nightmare to get used to again when you've been off for any length of time.. Headaches n dizziness gallore.. Most days for about 2 weeks after I get back after time off I feel constantly sick, sleepy, stuffed head... N then I get out n after 5 mins of actual air I feel fine.. I wonder if that's what's affecting you??

PS.. Really hope you get on well with the doppler.. Would LOVE one but I'd just be far too anxious with it.. It'd do me no good at all..
I do however want to invest in a scanning machine.. I cud sit n watch baby all day long.. I can understand now when you said (ages back) about getting addicted to them

Oh yes I would rather know baby is ok without a doubt. Minimal money is copeable because hubby still works but we did want to try and save as much money as we could before baby comes but all this illness has scuppered that plan!

Our office does have air con and I have a fan to use on my desk too so I dont think its that :)

I could literally spend all my time watching baby. I too wish I could just have my own scanner to have a peek at baby whenever I want. Either that - or just a little window on my belly to look through would do :p haha

Got the next best thing though and used my doppler earlier - hubby found baby's heartbeat :-D Took us a bit because we were trying to figure out what different whooshing noises were and then the 'heartbeat' of the placenta which was confusing initally lol Was awesome though...if I feel anxious, i'll just have a listen. Woop!

Back