JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Wow, check out that pout.. Gorgeous.
Mine today took about 20 mins as bub was very obedient!! It wasn't too uncomfortable for me, I just really needed a pee. Bub is resting on my bladder....

Awwww thanks girlies

Baby wasnt very cooperative to be honest (for the first time in 5 scans) lol

At one point she was scanning me whilst I was laying on my side and I also had to get up and jump up and down for a minute or so haha

It must have taken about 30 minutes in total for the scan

Mine took 20mins but baby was very good, till it mooned us. Did eveything it was supposed to. Even turned over when she wanted to see its spine. Long may it last lol

Ha ha Laura ours mooned us at the 12 week. Cheeky pup! Grounded for the next 6 months!!

Awww what a gorgeous little one you have! Your scan picture is great and I'm glad everything looks ok!

Gosh my stomach and back hurt after my 12 week scan because she was pressing so hard god knows what my 20 week scan will be like! Lol!
Anyways im so pleased that everything is ok with your little man! :)

20+4

Got up early today and went and had my eyebrows threaded...I definitely needed it, they had turned into miniature jungles, massively out of control :p

I am also going to start looking to buy more baby bits from today onwards too...so online shopping for me this afternoon! Must admit though...not sure where to start!! Maybe a changing bag?? lol

Took a leaf out of Sarah's book and made a list of everything I need last night. Although Im pretty convinced Ive probably left so much off it and now im getting paranoid :rolleyes:

20+4

Got up early today and went and had my eyebrows threaded...I definitely needed it, they had turned into miniature jungles, massively out of control :p

I am also going to start looking to buy more baby bits from today onwards too...so online shopping for me this afternoon! Must admit though...not sure where to start!! Maybe a changing bag?? lol

Took a leaf out of Sarah's book and made a list of everything I need last night. Although Im pretty convinced Ive probably left so much off it and now im getting paranoid :rolleyes:
Yay to baby shopping :D
I won't start either til after my 20 week scan.. Am so scared of something awful happening...

Little tip I got on another site i'm is not to stock up on formula, wipes or too many nappies... Just get in enough to do for a week or so as sometimes they won't agree with baby and while nappies and wipes can be returned and changed, formula can't...
I am DREADING choosing what brands to use.. I think i'll try Milupa formula as I plan on breastfeeding and its meant to be the closest to breast milk... But its so confusing...

Aww how exciting :) Enjoy your shop!! xxx

Yay to baby shopping :D
I won't start either til after my 20 week scan.. Am so scared of something awful happening...

Little tip I got on another site i'm is not to stock up on formula, wipes or too many nappies... Just get in enough to do for a week or so as sometimes they won't agree with baby and while nappies and wipes can be returned and changed, formula can't...
I am DREADING choosing what brands to use.. I think i'll try Milupa formula as I plan on breastfeeding and its meant to be the closest to breast milk... But its so confusing...

Yeah im not gunna buy many of the general bits..just gunna start getting the bigger things we'll need :D

Woohoo to baby shopping. To be honest I've got practically everything :eek: I've got Pampers nappies but not buying anymore now. I've just ordered another box of 12 packs of Huggies wipes from Asda when I did my shop so I've got 24 now but if they don't agree with baby I use them for myself all the time anyway. In fact, half of them will be gone by the time baby is here so I'll probably need more. It's little things I never thought of like Dentinox shampoo (in case of cradle cap), Infacol in case of colic and Bonjela. My sister wrote me a list with things like that on that she forgot about and had to buy early on. I know I could buy them afterwards, and baby might not even need them, but don't really want to have to spend too much when I'm on maternity leave, other than on nappies and milk, so trying to get a few bits like that now. I haven't bought loads of toys though because everyone keeps telling me you get loads of stuff bought. I've got a floor play gym and a couple of other things but not too much.
One tip I've pinched from my sister is to have a box in my living room for changing stuff. I've got a changing mat for upstairs in the nursery but going to buy another one to keep behind the sofa in the living room so I don't have to go upstairs every time I need to change baby. I've also bought a leather effect storage box to match my living room that I'll keep a days worth of nappies, sudocrem, talc etc. Just makes life a bit easier :)
x

Woohoo to baby shopping. To be honest I've got practically everything :eek: I've got Pampers nappies but not buying anymore now. I've just ordered another box of 12 packs of Huggies wipes from Asda when I did my shop so I've got 24 now but if they don't agree with baby I use them for myself all the time anyway. In fact, half of them will be gone by the time baby is here so I'll probably need more. It's little things I never thought of like Dentinox shampoo (in case of cradle cap), Infacol in case of colic and Bonjela. My sister wrote me a list with things like that on that she forgot about and had to buy early on. I know I could buy them afterwards, and baby might not even need them, but don't really want to have to spend too much when I'm on maternity leave, other than on nappies and milk, so trying to get a few bits like that now. I haven't bought loads of toys though because everyone keeps telling me you get loads of stuff bought. I've got a floor play gym and a couple of other things but not too much.
One tip I've pinched from my sister is to have a box in my living room for changing stuff. I've got a changing mat for upstairs in the nursery but going to buy another one to keep behind the sofa in the living room so I don't have to go upstairs every time I need to change baby. I've also bought a leather effect storage box to match my living room that I'll keep a days worth of nappies, sudocrem, talc etc. Just makes life a bit easier :)
x
None of my brothers/sister ever used anything for cradle cap other than some baby oil and a super soft new baby hairbrush.. Tip passed down from my mam.. Super gentle on baby and mosturising too... :)
My 2 nieces were allergic to Pampers nappies and my youngest niece was allergic to anything Johnson's... Even now she's super sensitve and she's 9!!
My nephew could only wear tesco own brand nappies as all the others gave him awful nappy rash... Even the eco biodegradable ones which have NOTHING added to them...
Can you get Gripe Water in the UK?? We can't get it here anymore but I believe its still sold in Northern Ireland.. Great for trapped wind.. I'll defo be trying to get my hands on a bottle or 2 of that...

None of my brothers/sister ever used anything for cradle cap other than some baby oil and a super soft new baby hairbrush.. Tip passed down from my mam.. Super gentle on baby and mosturising too... :)
My 2 nieces were allergic to Pampers nappies and my youngest niece was allergic to anything Johnson's... Even now she's super sensitve and she's 9!!
My nephew could only wear tesco own brand nappies as all the others gave him awful nappy rash... Even the eco biodegradable ones which have NOTHING added to them...
Can you get Gripe Water in the UK?? We can't get it here anymore but I believe its still sold in Northern Ireland.. Great for trapped wind.. I'll defo be trying to get my hands on a bottle or 2 of that...

I cant use the Johnson's ones on my own skin without it affecting me which is why I've gone for Huggies. But like I said I'll get use out of them if bubs doesn't take to them. My nephew could only have Pamper, everything else he leaked out of. My sister has always wiped him, talc-ed him then put Sudocrem on every time she changed him and he's only had nappy rash once (when he had the runs!) and he's just gone two.

I love gripe water. I could actually drink the stuff!! And yep, I've got a bottle of that too. My step mum got me it the other day and I was dying to open it and smell it but once it's opened it has to be used within a few weeks or something so I've hidden it from myself at the back of the wardrobe haha. I love Rusks too. Poor baby isn't going to get a look in!!

I cant use the Johnson's ones on my own skin without it affecting me which is why I've gone for Huggies. But like I said I'll get use out of them if bubs doesn't take to them. My nephew could only have Pamper, everything else he leaked out of. My sister has always wiped him, talc-ed him then put Sudocrem on every time she changed him and he's only had nappy rash once (when he had the runs!) and he's just gone two.

I love gripe water. I could actually drink the stuff!! And yep, I've got a bottle of that too. My step mum got me it the other day and I was dying to open it and smell it but once it's opened it has to be used within a few weeks or something so I've hidden it from myself at the back of the wardrobe haha. I love Rusks too. Poor baby isn't going to get a look in!!
I'm just getting cotton wool with arm water for the first couple of months.. (That's whats recomended here in the hospitals) and then I'll get natural water wipes.. No more expensive than wet wipes but no chemicals.. And far less handy to grab in the local shop!!! My BF says its typical me being awkward.. lol
As for baby baths etc as much as I LOVE the smells of them, i'm just gona use warm water and a sponge on baby until its creeping around the floors.. Tho I duno if my plan is just setting baby up for sensitive skin reactions when its older.. But like, new babies don't need soap to clean them...

Well, Ive just bought a baby bath, changing mat, 3-in-1 breastfeeding pillow and a changing box :D

Im happy now that Ive got to buy some things lol Haha

Bath.pngBFeeding Pillow.pngChanging Box.pngChanging Mat.png

Well, Ive just bought a baby bath, changing mat, 3-in-1 breastfeeding pillow and a changing box :D

Im happy now that Ive got to buy some things lol Haha

View attachment 105183View attachment 105184View attachment 105185View attachment 105186

Love the changing box.. Never seen anything like that...
What's the deal with the bf pillow??? What's it do etc?? Like.. I know its a pillow but is it for me or for baby.. What's its advantages?? Sorry for the investigation.. But as you know I wana BF so am interest :)

Love the changing box.. Never seen anything like that...
What's the deal with the bf pillow??? What's it do etc?? Like.. I know its a pillow but is it for me or for baby.. What's its advantages?? Sorry for the investigation.. But as you know I wana BF so am interest :)

My mum and my friend both had changing boxes...keeps everything to do with changing baby in one place. Nappies, nappy bags, cream, baby wipes etc etc. Keep the box topped up and then you can keep your changing bag topped up when you go out etc. Just keeps everything in one place :D

The description for the bf pillow from the website I bought it from is:

This 3-in-1 Nursing Pillow strong and firm to provide good support to your precious little one whilst feeding and support their back.

The nursing pillow will also grip around your waistline comfortably offering you a feeling of security and remove the need for you to keep adjusting it for comfort during feeding.

The multi use pillow has many functions including pre-natal back support for you, optional between knees support whilst sleeping or as a wedge to rest under your tummy when sleeping on your side.

Rest your baby, within the curve, on the floor after feeding, prop your baby within whilst they learn to sit upright and cushion their fall if they topple over. Older kids can lie on the pillow to watch their favourite programme

Specifications
cosatto_specification_tick.jpg
Pregnancy Pillow - Back support for a mum

Nursing Pillow - Support pillow for breast feeding

Baby Pillow - Nestle your baby comfortably whilst resting

Support Pillow - Surround tumble support as they learn to sit

So its for my back and you can sleep with it pre-baby and then to support baby when he's here. Basically....bf baby can make your arm majorly ache..like really bad. So the pillow takes the weight of the baby :D

My mum and my friend both had changing boxes...keeps everything to do with changing baby in one place. Nappies, nappy bags, cream, baby wipes etc etc. Keep the box topped up and then you can keep your changing bag topped up when you go out etc. Just keeps everything in one place :D

The description for the bf pillow from the website I bought it from is:

This 3-in-1 Nursing Pillow strong and firm to provide good support to your precious little one whilst feeding and support their back.

The nursing pillow will also grip around your waistline comfortably offering you a feeling of security and remove the need for you to keep adjusting it for comfort during feeding.

The multi use pillow has many functions including pre-natal back support for you, optional between knees support whilst sleeping or as a wedge to rest under your tummy when sleeping on your side.

Rest your baby, within the curve, on the floor after feeding, prop your baby within whilst they learn to sit upright and cushion their fall if they topple over. Older kids can lie on the pillow to watch their favourite programme

Specifications
Pregnancy Pillow - Back support for a mum

Nursing Pillow - Support pillow for breast feeding

Baby Pillow - Nestle your baby comfortably whilst resting

Support Pillow - Surround tumble support as they learn to sit

So its for my back and you can sleep with it pre-baby and then to support baby when he's here. Basically....bf baby can make your arm majorly ache..like really bad. So the pillow takes the weight of the baby :D

Oh that's very clever.. Off to add that to my list.. Thanks hun :)

Love the new purchases. A bath is one thing I haven't got yet. But when Tom finishes work we're off for a ride to Kiddicare and Mothercare so may find one. Shopping for bubs is addictive!! You'll have loads soon ;)

Back