JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

37+4

So following on from my most recent update.....been in to hospital yesterday and today to monitor movements. We didn't go in Christmas Day.....they had mentioned ringing and cancelling for xmas day if I was happy with movements.....so I did

Yesterday baby was a rascal and went to sleep and wouldn't move despite me drinking fanta and eating chocolate so had to spend longer on the monitor but all was good and he moved in the end

Today baby had hiccups the second he got put on the monitor and moved loads....and then went to sleep again and so they had to wait for him to start moving again before they took us off the monitor. We've been booked to go on the monitor again this weekend but they have said if im happy with movements to ring and cancel like I did xmas day.

On Monday I now have a consultant appointment and so im hoping the 'action plan' can be reviewed so I don't have to continue going in everyday. Its really making the end of my pregnancy drag....it was going so quick before I had to start going in everyday.

They said Ive got evidence of ANOTHER infection in my urine today so its being sent off to be tested and they will ring to let me know.....so that's great lol I only just had antibiotics last week!

On a another note....xmas day was great...nice and relaxing :D

Hope that everyone else had a fab xmas xxx

Just saw Facebook x hope ur ok hun???

(Happy 38 weeks) xxx

Hi honey,

How are you doing? Really not long now!!! 10 days :D xxxx

Hope you're alright hun!!! xxx

39 weeks/7 days to go!!

Sorry Ive been soooooooooo cr@p at getting on....Ive mostly only managed to get on to read to try and keep up with your diaries but not post anything or update my own. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and new year? :)

So - only 7 days to go until D Day and Im excited but bricking it at the same time lol I know that things can happen at anytime now and am on edge everyday! Whilst I am excited...I also have this apprehension like 'how do I know if ive actually gone into labour'. I sit here wondering if im going to even realise im having contractions (havnt had any BH or anything during this pregnancy) or if my waters have gone...if it ends up being a trickle like you hear of rather than a 'gush'. Arrrghhhhhhhhh!!

Anyways - I am bouncing daily on my exercise ball...and I am drinking raspberry leaf tea everyday...eating pineapple. Cant really eat spicy food because its been upsetting my tummy and dtd we tried a few times but is making me sore. Not sure what else to try :p

Baby has been really active anyways and Im not sure hes gunna come early lol I think hes too comfy in there :DAlthough... I have had an increase in period-type cramps and keep getting an upset tummy/diarrhea (tmi sorry!). I also in the last week have had extreme feelings of needing the house to be in perfect order and have everything ready aswell as not wanting to leave the house

I have a midwife appointment today so I'll see how that goes...and I presume if hes not here by next Monday...i'll be able to have a sweep :D

Sorry again ladies for being so utterly rubbish at updating/posting responses on diaries xxx

Last edited:
39 weeks/7 days to go!!

Sorry Ive been soooooooooo cr@p at getting on....Ive mostly only managed to get on to read to try and keep up with your diaries but not post anything or update my own. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and new year? :)

So - only 7 days to go until D Day and Im excited but bricking it at the same time lol I know that things can happen at anytime now and am on edge everyday! Whilst I am excited...I also have this apprehension like 'how do I know if ive actually gone into labour'. I sit here wondering if im going to even realise im having contractions (havnt had any BH or anything during this pregnancy) or if my waters have gone...if it ends up being a trickle like you hear of rather than a 'gush'. Arrrghhhhhhhhh!!

Anyways - I am bouncing daily on my exercise ball...and I am drinking raspberry leaf tea everyday...eating pineapple. Cant really eat spicy food because its been upsetting my tummy and dtd we tried a few times but is making me sore. Not sure what else to try :p

Baby has been really active anyways and Im not sure hes gunna come early lol I think hes too comfy in there :DAlthough... I have had an increase in period-type cramps and keep getting an upset tummy/diarrhea (tmi sorry!). I also in the last week have had extreme feelings of needing the house to be in perfect order and have everything ready aswell as not wanting to leave the house

I have a midwife appointment today so I'll see how that goes...and I presume if hes not here by next Monday...i'll be able to have a sweep :D

Sorry again ladies for being so utterly rubbish at updating/posting responses on diaries xxx

hey hun :) happy 39 weeks!!! eeep 7 days until D-day!! so exciting!

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to get baby to come but you've obviously made him a cosy little home in there.
The period type cramps and upset tummy sound like promising signs - fingers crossed little man is thinking about making his entrance in to the world soon! As for waters etc it seems like most people "know" when it's their waters and i am sure you will know too.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that things start to happen in the next few days! Good luck at your midwife appointment! Are they still monitoring you every day?

xx

39 weeks/7 days to go!!

I agree with Kim - it definitely sounds promising that something is happening :) Hopefully he decides to come soon!! :D

Hope your MW appt goes well hun :) Keep us posted xxx

hey hun :) happy 39 weeks!!! eeep 7 days until D-day!! so exciting!

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to get baby to come but you've obviously made him a cosy little home in there.
The period type cramps and upset tummy sound like promising signs - fingers crossed little man is thinking about making his entrance in to the world soon! As for waters etc it seems like most people "know" when it's their waters and i am sure you will know too.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that things start to happen in the next few days! Good luck at your midwife appointment! Are they still monitoring you every day?

xx

Hiya Kim :D

I am really hoping he comes early tbh......im like sooooooooooooooo fed up and uncomfortable now. But sods law that means he'll be late lol

I am desperate to see what little one looks like as he'll be half cast with my hubby being Indian

They're not monitoring everyday anymore....thank goodness! Went through a load of hassle with my pulse being constantly high and getting palpitations...they wanted me to have a 24 hour ecg but I ended up discharging myself for various reasons (long story). Has been pretty hit and miss with 'hospital care' for the last few months to be honest.

Anyways...will update again after my MW appointment later :D

xx

I agree with Kim - it definitely sounds promising that something is happening :) Hopefully he decides to come soon!! :D

Hope your MW appt goes well hun :) Keep us posted xxx

Thanks hun :D Will deffo update again after my MW appointment and try and get a bit better with the updates daily lol Im so rubbish haha xx

Happy 39 weeks and good luck with the midwife appointment. Hope baby boy shows his face soon xxx

Hey hunnie.. Don't worry about not being on.. I think most of us were the same over the festive period.. I know I was...

As for DTD to bring on your labour.. if you're really not enjoying I wouldn't bother as it has to be really good sex for it to have any affect on releasing the relaxin... Sarah's tip was nipple stimulation a couple of times a day... Also a couple of ladies from my Irish forums swear by primrose oil tabs (most insert vaginally at your stage).. I've started with RLT and going to start the Evening Primrose Oil at 36 weeks... Hoping bubba just slides out when I sneeze with its help ha ha

Although its certainly sounds to me like things are very much on the way.. I'd be surprised if you went over.. But then I'm hardly educated am I?!
The nesting.. The "clearout".. The period type cramping.. All sounds very positive...

Look forward to hearing your update from your appointment.. xx

Hey hunnie.. Don't worry about not being on.. I think most of us were the same over the festive period.. I know I was...

As for DTD to bring on your labour.. if you're really not enjoying I wouldn't bother as it has to be really good sex for it to have any affect on releasing the relaxin... Sarah's tip was nipple stimulation a couple of times a day... Also a couple of ladies from my Irish forums swear by primrose oil tabs (most insert vaginally at your stage).. I've started with RLT and going to start the Evening Primrose Oil at 36 weeks... Hoping bubba just slides out when I sneeze with its help ha ha

Although its certainly sounds to me like things are very much on the way.. I'd be surprised if you went over.. But then I'm hardly educated am I?!
The nesting.. The "clearout".. The period type cramping.. All sounds very positive...

Look forward to hearing your update from your appointment.. xx

I struggle to get on in general lol Hubby hogs the laptop for 98% of the time and so I rarely get a chance to come on. I do check on my phone but find it hard to type out responses/updates on that so end up mostly just reading to keep up to date :)

With dtd...isn't it more about the sperm? MW told me this afternoon that what is in the sperm is exactly the same as the pessary they give you when they try to induce.....but sperm is better as its more natural iykwim? :p MW has suggested the nipple thing aswell so I will start trying that lol Not too sure about the primrose oil....think i'll stick to the RLT hehe.

MW appointment went well...everything is perfect. Baby is 3/5 engaged still and MW has told me to use the exercise ball etc to get him to drop down further. Although...it doesn't matter too much as contractions will push him down when I go into labour anyways. MW told me all the different things to try to get baby out....all of which I have been trying and will keep trying!! Next appointment is on Monday and she will check my cervix and if she is able....try a sweep (if I havnt gone into labour by then...eeeeeeeeeeekk!). I kinda said to her...."no offence....but im hoping I go into labour and don't see you Monday" and she giggled haha

Anyways...that's pretty much it :D Been on exercise ball for about an hour and now relaxing watching TV

I struggle to get on in general lol Hubby hogs the laptop for 98% of the time and so I rarely get a chance to come on. I do check on my phone but find it hard to type out responses/updates on that so end up mostly just reading to keep up to date :)

With dtd...isn't it more about the sperm? MW told me this afternoon that what is in the sperm is exactly the same as the pessary they give you when they try to induce.....but sperm is better as its more natural iykwim? :p MW has suggested the nipple thing aswell so I will start trying that lol Not too sure about the primrose oil....think i'll stick to the RLT hehe.

MW appointment went well...everything is perfect. Baby is 3/5 engaged still and MW has told me to use the exercise ball etc to get him to drop down further. Although...it doesn't matter too much as contractions will push him down when I go into labour anyways. MW told me all the different things to try to get baby out....all of which I have been trying and will keep trying!! Next appointment is on Monday and she will check my cervix and if she is able....try a sweep (if I havnt gone into labour by then...eeeeeeeeeeekk!). I kinda said to her...."no offence....but im hoping I go into labour and don't see you Monday" and she giggled haha

Anyways...that's pretty much it :D Been on exercise ball for about an hour and now relaxing watching TV

Oh ok then. I thought susie said it needed to be really good as it was to release/create relaxin r something to that effect so I wasn't gone bother with it ha ha (it's not very enjoyable when he barely comes near for fear of poking baby (as if!!!) or hurting baby lol) I will now!!! Closer the time!!! Lol
So what exactly were her tips then?? RLT/sex/Nipple tweaking/ball bouncing (insert dirty giggle hee hee)..... Anything else??

And am assuming all went well?

Oh ok then. I thought susie said it needed to be really good as it was to release/create relaxin r something to that effect so I wasn't gone bother with it ha ha (it's not very enjoyable when he barely comes near for fear of poking baby (as if!!!) or hurting baby lol) I will now!!! Closer the time!!! Lol
So what exactly were her tips then?? RLT/sex/Nipple tweaking/ball bouncing (insert dirty giggle hee hee)..... Anything else??

And am assuming all went well?

Oh I only was told that the sperm itself is the same as what they put in the pessarys when trying to induce women. Something to do with it thinning the cervix and starting things off or something *shrugs* lol

MW told me the usual stuff....RLT, dtd, go on exercise ball, spicy food, massage of feet/shoulders, the nipple thing (lol) :p

Yep, I got told on Thurs from my midwife about the pessary and the sperm. Should have seen my hubby's face light up.
Glad your ok Hun :)

Back