Jogging - but no results!!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by victoriap, 21 January 2013.

1. victoriap

victoriap Member

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anybody who has lost weight through jogging can help me? How long/far should i be jogging and how often?

Thanks! :)
  2. RawrGirl

RawrGirl Regained. :(

Jogging was always RawrGirl's cardio of choice, but she didn't lose very much...even when doing 3 miles 5x a week while on WW. Finally after frustrating the h*ll out of herself, she quit WW, gave up cardio, cut her calories and carbs and just focused on strength training with heavyish weights...and after 14 years of yo-yoing and never making it to goal, she is only a few pounds away. :)

Once at goal, jogging will probably help you maintain and allow you to eat more without gaining than someone who didn't run/perform high-intensity cardio, but doesn't seem to work for everyone for actual weight loss.
  3. GrumpyWino

GrumpyWino Well-Known Member

I love running, been doing it for years - but I'm the first to admit its never helped my weight. In fact it revs up my appetite. Weight loss happens in the kitchen ( though weights and HIIT are good) and is, cliche warning, what makes one look good in their clothes. Exercise makes one look good naked!